Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It wasn't fake news. Clownfish TV was completely right about the first part of the season. Kevin Smith tried to damage control by discrediting him. He created a Streisand effect doing so.
    Clownfish, even if they got it right, can go suck it. They're a channel built on badmouthing and slandering others.

BANNED

Go Clownfish TV!

SUCK AWAY!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Just binged both part. An apparently unpopular opinion here- but I liked it.

Granted, while I grew up in the 80's, I have no real memory of ever watching the original He-Man cartoon. I know I must have, and I'm pretty sure I had a toy or two. But the only cartoons I really remember watching back then are Transformers and Inspector Gadget. So any changes, or character deaths, or any time it focused on characters other than He-Man- it didn't bother me. I was able to go with it and enjoy the story.

I thought it was a bit odd that Lynn seemed to get off scot-free. I mean, she nuked heaven and her army of the dead probably killed a lot of people. Well, maybe they can explore a longer redemption arc in season 2.

A lot has been said about a Teela/Andra romance- I just didn't see it. At best, they were good friends/sisters-in-arms. I never got a romantic vibe at all.

One thing that kept occurring to me- this really had a Transformers: The Movie vibe to it, in that it felt like they were killing off the old toy line to introduce the new one. Sorceress and a bunch of others- dead. Teela gets two new action figures. Orca gets a new paint job. New Man-At-Arms figure released.

I look forward to season 2, even if I didn't get the reference at the end. He-Man vs the Borg?
    Not the Borg, the Evil Horde from the She Ra cartoon. The Cyber-Goddess thing flashed thier symbol at the end.

But you made me think of something!!!

Man... imagine if the Internet was what it is now when The Transformers movie came out. Good Grief. Lol.

Thing about redemption and punishment in this particular genre....At the end of all those 80's cartoons nobody EVER goes to jail, they just retreat to do it again next week.

This time Evil Lyn ( or just Lynn now I guess) quit. But Skeletor fell back into his old henchmen abusing habits and well, whoops.

Nowadays Skeletor would get cancelled for trying to culturally appropriate the Eternian's ancient magic from Castle Grayskull.

BANNED

Exclamation The People vs Kevin Smith vs Netflix

"This is a timeline looking at Kevin Smith’s involvement in Masters of the Universe: Revelation,
    some clues as to why Netflix may have made Teela a very different hero, He-Man’s reduced role

at least in the first five episodes and the fallout from the very public fan dissatisfaction."

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Nowadays Skeletor would get cancelled for trying to culturally appropriate the Eternian's ancient magic from Castle Grayskull.
    I mean... yes?

Anyway, I liked season 2 better than season 1, but it still felt extremely rushed. Wasn't really a big fan of ragemonster Adam either, and Teela's co-mercenary friend who I'm certain had a name has an arc they clearly want to do, but just don't have the time for.

Uber Evil Lyn had a kickass design.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Did Teela ever have magical abilities? In any incarnation?

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Ridiculous. I grew up with the original show and I didn’t let myself get carried by the rumors and internet grifters into getting upset over stuff that just plainly turned out to be false. The idea that Kevin Smith should apologize for fake news and rumors to get people upset makes absolutely no sense.
    Clownfish TV was right about the bait and switch, and close enough on Andra that CBR and many outlets thought it was going to be a thing. I find it strange that people get so up in arms about them but have no problem with sites like Bleeding Cool. It's a new day, old sites like Bleeding Cool are on their way out and people are going to new sites. Might as well get used to it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Did Teela ever have magical abilities? In any incarnation?
    Other than the CGI cartoon? I think maybe vague sensing powers, but nothing as concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Clownfish TV was right about the bait and switch, and close enough on Andra that CBR and many outlets thought it was going to be a thing. I find it strange that people get so up in arms about them but have no problem with sites like Bleeding Cool. It's a new day, old sites like Bleeding Cool are on their way out and people are going to new sites. Might as well get used to it.
    People mock Bleeding Cool all the time.

The degree to which folks are still looking around for enough garbage to turn this molehill into the mountain that they seem intent on creating is pretty wild.

Looks like some folks must have missed the memo...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It's a new day, old sites like Bleeding Cool are on their way out and people are going to new sites. Might as well get used to it.
    When the new sites are just as bad as the old ones is it really a change?
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I liked it. If you were pissed about part 1 you weren't going to like part 2 and vice versa. Period.

I will say when I was watching it I was like...oooh there's a new Teela figure....there's a new Evil Lyn figure....I still want my unhelmeted older Duncan figure...there's a new Andra figure...there's a deluxe re-release Andra with Man at Arms weapons....sculpt a new head and repaint Battlecat into Beast Man's beast form.....I still want an Adam figure....I could go for a King Rando figure....there's a new Orko figure....

And my wallet was crying all the while
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I liked it. If you were pissed about part 1 you weren't going to like part 2 and vice versa. Period.

I will say when I was watching it I was like...oooh there's a new Teela figure....there's a new Evil Lyn figure....I still want my unhelmeted older Duncan figure...there's a new Andra figure...there's a deluxe re-release Andra with Man at Arms weapons....sculpt a new head and repaint Battlecat into Beast Man's beast form.....I still want an Adam figure....I could go for a King Rando figure....there's a new Orko figure....

And my wallet was crying all the while
    Even an adult cartoon can still sell toys .