Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    If real life mythologies are any indication, gods aren't less lustful than humans. If anything, they are moreso.

So, yeah. I can see that trick working on Skelegod even if it isn't very dignified.
    end of spoilers
    exactly
    take Zeus for instance
    he was the king of the deities in Greek mythology
    he was the most lustful of all of them and constantly cheated on his wife/sister Hera
    some of the deities and demi-deities were the result of his extramarital affairs
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

I watched the second half of the first season of Netflix Masters of the Universe: Revelations today.
    I enjoyed it a lot more than the first half.
    I look forward to the second season.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:

I did take Lynn killing Panthor as personally as Skeletor did.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm glad to see Skeletor love for his pets has remained constant throughout the various series. (My favorite moment in "The New Adventures of He-man" was Skeletor looking for his lost pet Gir complaining "this is what I get for caring about some dumb animal!" ) Sad that Panthor is gone though.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

Also Beast-Man was a simp for the whole series and all he got for it was turning into a bigger version of Battle Cat and getting tossed off a bridge. Like, Lynn didn't even ride him in any shape or form.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'll be honest, considering how Beast-Man has been written in this series, it was a mercy killing.

Skeletor's "I won't be IGNORED, Dan!" moment was hilariously pathetic as well.
    end of spoilers

I'd love it if the MST3K or Rifftrax guys took a crack at this series, it's got all the earmarks of an unintentional comedy classic like Birdemic or Sharknado.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Agree. I mean the episodes were only around 30 minutes and I was just fast forwarding Teela whining about her mommy again to get to the conclusion.
    That skull kiss tho

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    That skull kiss tho
    I'm afraid of what kinda freaky deaky Shadow Weaver and Hordak get up too if they get a chance in this world!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    There is alot of head slapping dumb moments in this, but it's almost in a "so bad it's kinda funny way" ala Troll 2 or the Room. So it was more enjoyable than the first part, I guess.
    I'm not saying that that we need to lock Kevin Smith in a all you can eat buffet so he can find his inspiration and start doing good work again but.....maybe?

Apparently he did an interview with Thrillist https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...rt-2-interview

Some interesting parts from the interview.
    He thinks Skeletor is second only to Darth Vader. Kevin, please stop. The jig is up. We know you aren't really a He-Man fan. There is footage of you saying you aren't that everyone has seen LOL.

Apparently he thinks he is getting a second season. If Netflix wants to do that more power to them. He compares what happened to him to what happened with The Last Jedi. Wait, didn't Rian Johnson say he would get more movies as well?

He was shocked that nothing happened to the other He-Man cartoon. He seems almost bitter that they weren't raked over the coals. Here is the quote.....

Thrillist::In addition to your show, Netflix also had the CG He-Man and the Masters of the Universe debut this year, which was a very different, kid-friendly take that made drastic changes to some of the characters. With that show, you got to sit back and watch someone else play in the sandbox. What was your opinion on their changes to the mythology?

Kevin Smith::Their trailer came out after people saw what we did with Masters of the Universe: Revelation. When I first saw it, all I could think was, "These poor sons of bitches." If they went after us, what are they going to do to these cats? The point of their show is, "We all have the power." And I was like, "If we got called up on the carpet, what's going to happen to them?" Nothing happened to them. And people were like, "It's a kid's show. There's a difference. That show is for kids. Revelation was for adults!" They were mad at us because we maintained that we were sequel to the original series.

Being upfront with people makes things easier?! Wow Kevin. It's almost like people don't like it when you try to pull a bait and switch, get caught, double down on the lie then get standoffish.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

One thing I'll say is I prefer Cringer here to the CGI version where I felt like they really had to really workaround what the character traditionally is with what they wanted him to be down to why he's even called that name. While here he's just normal.

Also, Man-at-Arms really felt like Man-at-Arms...although he also kind of helped the bad guys in this one, unintentionally.

I'm also glad Teela saying the "We have the Power line" didn't lead to a mass transformation sequence like in the CGI cartoon.

One thing I'll say is I prefer Cringer here to the CGI version where I felt like they really had to really workaround what the character traditionally is with what they wanted him to be down to why he's even called that name. While here he's just normal.

Also, Man-at-Arms really felt like Man-at-Arms...although he also kind of helped the bad guys in this one, unintentionally.

I'm also glad Teela saying the "We have the Power line" didn't lead to a mass transformation sequence like in the CGI cartoon.
    I think that Smith really screwed the pooch but his boss Teddy Biaselli, isn't coming in for enough blame LOL. I don't care how tough Evil Lynn had it she still tried to destroy everything but she gets to walk because Teddy Biaselli is a big Evil Lynn fan and in Smith's own words told him "Make sure you do her justice. She's a great character and she's never really had the stage to herself." I would really like to see Smith do another interview once the NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) runs out.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

I've just seen the second part and my opinion hasn't changed, it's just as good as the first part! Looking forward to the second season. I like as someone who watched Masters of the Universe as a kid to see a serie that is both faithful to the characters and forging a new era.

I'm on episode 2 of the second half. I am LOVING it. I loved the first half of the season and this second half is only cementing my love for this show.

This got such premature hate for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I think that Smith really screwed the pooch but his boss Teddy Biaselli, isn't coming in for enough blame LOL. I don't care how tough Evil Lynn had it she still tried to destroy everything but she gets to walk because Teddy Biaselli is a big Evil Lynn fan and in Smith's own words told him "Make sure you do her justice. She's a great character and she's never really had the stage to herself." I would really like to see Smith do another interview once the NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) runs out.
    Unless Biaselli specifically said "I want you to make sure she gets off scot free after trying to wipe out all of existence", I don't see how he can be blamed for the way Evil-Lyn's arc turned out.

I found myself enjoying this a lot more than the first season. It is extremely fan fictiony but I enjoyed it.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Agree. I mean the episodes were only around 30 minutes and I was just fast forwarding Teela whining about her mommy again to get to the conclusion.
    If anything Tesla’s mommy issues should have been the catalyst for forsaking magic in the first part… It would have made more sense than being mad that she was kept out of the loop on He-Man and Adam being one in the same.

Saw the second half. Friggin loved it. I enjoyed the first half well enough but this second half was just great stuff. Loved seeing Adam’s relationships with his parents, his friends and most of all Teela (I figured that’s where it was gonna go from the first half). I do feel so bad for all the hate Kevin Smith was getting after the release of the first half and all the claims made that have been proven false.

I mean, I enjoyed it, and I don't think some of the hate needed to be near as vitriolic as it ended up being, though I think it had its issues and I still disagreed with some creative decisions.

But such is how it is...