Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Also the irony of people being angry about being "lied to" and turning around saying Teela's anger makes no sense is amusing to me.

It makes me wonder if that was on purpose ...

It's #1 on the kiddo side of Netflix, #9 overall on Netflix, #11 on Neilson ... I think it is doing fine.
    Will it be able to maintain that success when part 2 drops?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Only time will tell. Smith made it sound like part 2 was in the can. It is not coming in August but I can't imagine they wait much into 2021 to release it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    While many would approach your question by telling you to read the thread, I'm going to assume you already knew that was an option and that you're looking for a relatively quick explainer and maybe something in a visual format. Unfortunately, there are so many lonnnng youtube videos (40 minutes to an hour) about this topic that do not meet our "relatively quick" goal, BUT I did finally find a popular 9 minute video that has 72K upvotes and only 2K downvotes. Bonus: he speaks in a Scottish accent.

The link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6GUGatFBLo

Now I'm not saying that everyone will agree with this dude's opinion (many will not), but given the upvotes and popularity, I will say that this video is representative of the opinion that you want to know more about.

I'll also try to find a popular, well-regarded video that is representative of the other side of the debate.
    Thanks I did read the thread but I still don't really understand what people are talking about maybe your video will help thanks again.

Also the irony of people being angry about being "lied to" and turning around saying Teela's anger makes no sense is amusing to me.

It's #1 on the kiddo side of Netflix, #9 overall on Netflix, #11 on Neilson ... I think it is doing fine.
    I legit didn't even think about this but you're right and that's glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Accounting for all of the "Smith is going to single-handedly torpedo the franchise..." that didn't come to pass?

I know what I would put a box of jellybeans on.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Straight talking...

Most reasonable folks probably ain't going to put that sort of an effort into clout/click chasing just so they can lay out the reasonable side of this nonsense.

They are most likely too busy doing what reasonable folks do in a day.
    Nah, that's not it (putting aside that we obviously disagree on which side is more reasonable). There are dozens of videos defending The Last Jedi, for example.

The people that like it don't even bring that up. Not sure you're going to find a video like that. But all the big sites like Wired, Gizmodo, ScreenRant (ugh) etc. all have written reviews that meet your metric. You just have to read.
    I think you hit the nail on the head there. Even the people who like the show aren't going to defend the promotion of it unless they're very intellectually dishonest.

Haha, good point. There's definitely some irony there (as long as you don't think about the circumstances too hard ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Is it really that important, we know he will be back to full power before this ends, i mean they can't kill him a second time or else the anger will go to biblical levels if that is the plan.
    Third time :-)

Never mind that there is a pretty good case for that the cartoon character is handling processing in a more adult fashion than actual grown folks...

It's a regular twofer.

Nah, that's not it (putting aside that we obviously disagree on which side is more reasonable). There are dozens of videos defending The Last Jedi, for example.

I am absolutely confortable with the assertion that the side that does not have folks dressed up like Skeletor or guys in their bath robe eating breakfast cereal is actually the more reasonable one.

Can you really torpedo a franchise that was essentially already dead as far as wider pop culture was concerned? There was a dedicated fanbase but this is the first major mainstream thing starring He-Man since...what, the TV show in 2002?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well, he's right. There are a few fans who seriously think Adam is really dead and Teela is going to become the new champion.
    HOW when the first toys from this show do not include her. It's He-Man, Moss Man, Skeltor & Evil Lynn with Scare Glow as some exclusive.

Like someone else posted, back in the day there were several episodes that didn't involve He-Man.
    EVERY tv show is guilty of this.

GI Joe & Transformers say HI. They did it every year when new figures came out.

The final season of Highlander did it when they wanted a female lead spinoff.

Wonder Woman did it in her final season where we saw her with her new cast in the never produced 4th season.

Star Trek TNG did that with Laforge-stories meant for Picard became his.

She-Ra was guilty too.

1. Defends Netflix and Smith's promotion of the show
    2. Is popular - say, 100K+ views
    3. Is well-regarded - say, at least a 10 to 1 upvote to downvote ratio
    4. Preferably bite-sized like the 9-minute video I linked to earlier
    NORMAL folks are NOT going to do this because unlike the trolls we all have real jobs and lives. Because in the past folks have done that and been buried by trolls=who fight to get them off of youtube.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind that there is a pretty good case for that the cartoon character is handling processing in a more adult fashion than actual grown folks...
    Really? Even people who liked the show have cringed at how she made it all about herself and the lie in the immediate aftermath of Adam's death. It's probably the #1 complaint about how her character was written.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Can you really torpedo a franchise that was essentially already dead as far as wider pop culture was concerned? There was a dedicated fanbase but this is the first major mainstream thing starring He-Man since...what, the TV show in 2002?
    According to a lot of "The Sky Is Falling!!!!!!..." crowd?

Yes. Yes, one can absolutely do so.

Really? Even people who liked the show have cringed at how she made it all about herself and the lie in the immediate aftermath of Adam's death. It's probably the #1 complaint about how her character was written.
    When I have seen the folks dressed up like Skeletor and the folks eating breakfast cereal in their bath robe while they pitch a fit?

Yeah.

She is easily doing so.

By a couple of light years.

Is deceptive advertising the same as He-Man's secret identity?

I'm kind of surprised that kids are watching this. I mean, the first episode I get and the more explicit content doesn't happen until later on, but I'm still surprised. This isn't the 2002 cartoon. But I guess kids liking He-Man bodes well for the CGI reboot.

Past that...

What you have there points to folk no one was talking about to start with...

Are obviously not...