Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

It's kind of weird to talk about others having fragile egos then defend people upset/throwing fits over a children's cartoon lol

As for the second half, I liked it more than the first but wish the Evelyn "redemption" was better done. It felt very rushed, although the first half set it up nicely.

Also Orco's power up should have been explained. It came out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    People are reaching with the Teela/Andra thing. They were pretty explicit when they brought up her feelings for Adam//He-Man so if you can't even recall what exactly made you see romance between her and Andra, you're probably seeing things that aren't there.
    Also, called it lol

Kevin Smith even succeed in disappointing CBR with yet another bait and switch LOL https://www.cbr.com/masters-of-the-u...andra-romance/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Kevin Smith even succeed in disappointing CBR with yet another bait and switch LOL https://www.cbr.com/masters-of-the-u...andra-romance/
    There was nothing hinted at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    When the show concludes and the non-romance between Teela/Andra is confirmed the show will still be accused of queer-baiting.
    And you also called it.

As for the second half, I liked it more than the first but wish the Evelyn "redemption" was better done. It felt very rushed, although the first half set it up nicely.

Also Orco's power up should have been explained. It came out of nowhere.
    I think if they were setting up a redemption they should have just had it be her as the Sorceress helping the heroes against Skeletor, not becoming the Big Bad herself and basically destroying Heaven. Like, really?

I mean, Adam and Skeletor teaming-up was fun (Panthor's death and why they would even give Skeletor the time of day after everything notwithstanding) and Teela getting a final fight with Evil-Lyn was fitting, but she didn't really earn a redemption or getting a pass for her actions in the last half in my opinion.

There was nothing hinted at.
    While this was my take from a few pages back, it still feels about right.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    A lot of people are going to make a mountain out of a molehill complaining no matter how good the remaining episodes are...
    There's definitely a lot of the "Oh, I am just here for the grumbling..." crowd turning up for this one.

It's kind of weird to talk about others having fragile egos then defend people upset/throwing fits over a children's cartoon lol
    These forums need a "Like" button.

Yeah, shippers gonna ship anything that breathes, so long as they're on the same screen at some point.

Besides, the Teela/Adam thing has been around since the 1980s (the cliche era). So people getting mad at it now is pretty funny.

Just binged both part. An apparently unpopular opinion here- but I liked it.

Granted, while I grew up in the 80's, I have no real memory of ever watching the original He-Man cartoon. I know I must have, and I'm pretty sure I had a toy or two. But the only cartoons I really remember watching back then are Transformers and Inspector Gadget. So any changes, or character deaths, or any time it focused on characters other than He-Man- it didn't bother me. I was able to go with it and enjoy the story.

I thought it was a bit odd that Lynn seemed to get off scot-free. I mean, she nuked heaven and her army of the dead probably killed a lot of people. Well, maybe they can explore a longer redemption arc in season 2.

A lot has been said about a Teela/Andra romance- I just didn't see it. At best, they were good friends/sisters-in-arms. I never got a romantic vibe at all.

One thing that kept occurring to me- this really had a Transformers: The Movie vibe to it, in that it felt like they were killing off the old toy line to introduce the new one. Sorceress and a bunch of others- dead. Teela gets two new action figures. Orca gets a new paint job. New Man-At-Arms figure released.

I look forward to season 2, even if I didn't get the reference at the end. He-Man vs the Borg?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I look forward to season 2, even if I didn't get the reference at the end. He-Man vs the Borg?
    It's Hordak. Same guy from the She-Ra series.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought it was a bit odd that Lynn seemed to get off scot-free. I mean, she nuked heaven and her army of the dead probably killed a lot of people. Well, maybe they can explore a longer redemption arc in season 2.
    I had a problem with that too. I don't know is she really earned a redemption arc or to get treated like she was, but that's just me. And what a waste of Beast-Man.
    One thing that kept occurring to me- this really had a Transformers: The Movie vibe to it, in that it felt like they were killing off the old toy line to introduce the new one. Sorceress and a bunch of others- dead. Teela gets two new action figures. Orca gets a new paint job. New Man-At-Arms figure released.
    Well, the only "old" toys they really killed off were Moss-Man, Sorceress, Clamp-Champ, Fisto, and some of the more obscure villains. Most of the major Masters of the Universe never even showed up aside from Ram-Man unless you count the Stratos and Buzz-Off generics.
    Hordak and the Horde.

Which would be kind of ironic considering the 2002 cartoon was going to do the Horde too.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    "Premature Hate for Nothing?"

From the generation that watched the original series (I enjoyed the series from the early 2000s just as much), trust me, the hate this show got wasn't given, it was earned.

I was really looking forward to this one. Even after the dumpster fire from the second episode I still watched the first half of this crap show. I'm going to try my absolute best to say this in the most polite way because quite a few people (including several posters) have the emotional ego of rice paper.

This show follows the modern trend that gets many fans disappointed because it focuses more on 'the message' than telling a good story. Kevin Smith owes Clownfish TV a major apology. He flat out lied to the fans.

As for this second half of the show, I'm going to wait to see what one particular reviewer says about it before I even consider giving it a chance.
    Ridiculous. I grew up with the original show and I didn’t let myself get carried by the rumors and internet grifters into getting upset over stuff that just plainly turned out to be false. The idea that Kevin Smith should apologize for fake news and rumors to get people upset makes absolutely no sense.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Ridiculous. I grew up with the original show and I didn’t let myself get carried by the rumors and internet grifters into getting upset over stuff that just plainly turned out to be false. The idea that Kevin Smith should apologize for fake news and rumors to get people upset makes absolutely no sense.
    It wasn't fake news. Clownfish TV was completely right about the first part of the season. Kevin Smith tried to damage control by discrediting him. He created a Streisand effect doing so.