Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

This makes me wonder about the designs in the CG Reboot, although they're already giving He-Man a shirt and pants:

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    @Godzilla2099, So are you intentionally trying to come across as the worse kind of incel, comicsgate reactionary that gives fandom a bad name? You've checked almost all the boxes there.
    Last time I replied to an insult like this I got a warning so this is me just walking away.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 07-27-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me wonder about the designs in the CG Reboot, although they're already giving He-Man a shirt and pants:

Kinda gives me a NA vibe. I watched the pilot ep last night out of morbid curiosity. I like the overall idea but the execution was BAD. Skeletor was funnier than I remembered, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    1.) The original designs that were "more attractive" are from a children's cartoon.

2.) Why does a woman need to show cleavage or bare legs? Why is it considered bad if they don't?
    Ask the European Olympic committee and the volleyball team they fined.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This world is screwed up...
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This made it from concept to show? This is the first I've seen of this design? When was it to air or proposed to air?
    Looks like Rob Liefeld designed He-Man with those shoulders!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This made it from concept to show? This is the first I've seen of this design? When was it to air or proposed to air?
    It's supposed to be an upcoming cartoon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It's pretty much in line with all of the (terrible) styles from cartoons these days. Today's cartoonists seem to hate characters who look like real people.

She animation style for She-Ra was horrific but the writing was excellent, which made up for it.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It's pretty much in line with all of the (terrible) styles from cartoons these days. Today's cartoonists seem to hate characters who look like real people.

She animation style for She-Ra was horrific but the writing was excellent, which made up for it.
    Thats why I haven't watched She-Ra yet. I have no issue with the character designs, I don't need fappable bits and bobs hanging out to enjoy a show like some people apparently need to, I just dont like that art style.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Actually it was a women's beach handball team from Norway that got fined, the beach volleyball ladies prefer to wear the bikini look as evidenced by their vote an olympics or two ago where they chose that look over shorts or pants...

Then again some would be okay with kids seeing Saving Private Ryan but scoff at kids seeing a movie where there's a few scenes of women in their underwear...

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Thats why I haven't watched She-Ra yet. I have no issue with the character designs, I don't need fappable bits and bobs hanging out to enjoy a show like some people apparently need to, I just dont like that art style.
    ... but the big controversy on the design aspects was that it portrayed women and girls with realistic and varying body types?

This is more realistic:

Than this (which literally they all have the same model and face even):

And it wasn't a Cal arts toon or a Groening clone or a Pollard knock-off.

Was it the color palette that bothered you? That I can get because it didn't use a standard palette and it was a bit jarring for a few episodes. At least to me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    1.) The original designs that were "more attractive" are from a children's cartoon.

2.) Why does a woman need to show cleavage or bare legs? Why is it considered bad if they don't?
    I notice you avoided my question. Why does graphic violence in a supposed "kids show" get a pass from you? As for your question I personally don't think the character "needs" to show her legs, etc. (If they came up with a new all armored design or something that would have been cool, lean into the "Man-At-Arms" promotion she received in the first episode. What they did give us was uninspired and doesn't fit in with the MOTU aesthetic, imo. It looks too modern military vs.the barbarian fantasy of the original toyline.) But I also do not get offended by the sight of women's bare skin or think it's unsuitable for children either.

But according to Smith it was a show intended for the old school adult fans anyways, which I notice you failed to acknowledge. Nobody thinks just because it's a cartoon that "Attack on Titan" is for preschoolers.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    ... but the big controversy on the design aspects was that it portrayed women and girls with realistic and varying body types?

This is more realistic:

Than this (which literally they all have the same model and face even):

And it wasn't a Cal arts toon or a Groening clone or a Pollard knock-off.

Was it the color palette that bothered you? That I can get because it didn't use a standard palette and it was a bit jarring for a few episodes. At least to me.
    For me, the different shapes n body types, thats all fine. Heck, Im working on a comic book now and I feel like i have to keep harping on my artist to make sure he takes the different body types i have for the women in the story in mind in his art and not make them all the same.

It looks cartoony, which yes i know its a cartoon, but still...it looks to Nick to me I guess....now if they did the shapes/body types/etc in that other visual style, id have been in from day one.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Are we talking about the Netflix trilogy or Transformers: Prime?
    Yes, I meant Prime. I have War for Cyberton on the brain because the finale is coming soon!

Isn't that what the 2002 cartoon was?
    I cannot answer that question as I skipped that show for three reasons:
    1). It kept changing air time, so I missed it;
    2). I started watching Voltron again and was disappointed that it wasn't as good as I remember as a child, same for my He-Man rewatches; and
    3). I was annoyed that Teen Titans was done like the overboard anime style that was popular at the time and I didn't like it because I wanted more Timmverse, I expected it to be the same.

So I skipped the show, which sounds like a mistake. Silly reasons and all.

I think I read somewhere the Legendary Defenders creators said they were happy to feature as little of Voltron as possible which seemed...kind of against the point of a show titled Voltron? I dunno.
    Have you watched the Voltron show? It actually really, really works for the concept to NOT have a Ro-beast in the show every episode. It felt more like Go-Lion in that regard. I try not to oversell that show to people because I really, really loved it. Forming Voltron was a huge plot point and big deal when it did happen. I felt like it made it more exciting in that regard.

Isn't the cost already that Adam decided to come back with the chance of never achieving paradise again after he dies?
    Sure but that can be worked around (like he takes over protecting the castle). I just mean the heroes really need to lose something. It needs to hurt. But we already got Orko (which got me teary eyed) and the Robo ... It just feels like there is something more Adam has to give or Teela does in order to drive it home.

For a show called "Masters of the Universe" it would be nice to see more of the actual Masters of the Universe.
    Agree but we'll see what the back-half brings.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-27-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I notice you avoided my question. Why does graphic violence in a supposed "kids show" get a pass from you?
    I'm too busy trying to find where I gave it a pass. Care to point out where I did that? Might make it easier for me to respond to it.

The conversation wasn't about the violence, therefore I didn't address it.

What they did give us was uninspired and doesn't fit in with the MOTU aesthetic, imo. It looks too modern military vs.the barbarian fantasy of the original toyline.)
    Considering everything after the first episode takes place in a dystopian version of the world, I wouldn't expect it to look like the original. it should look more gritty and real, because the fantasy elements have been removed from that world. The entire plot revolves around them getting back to that fantasy style world.

But I also do not get offended by the sight of women's bare skin or think it's unsuitable for children either.
    I'm not offended by it. If anything, I'm offended by the notion that it has to be that way or the show is somehow lesser if it's not there.

But according to Smith it was a show intended for the old school adult fans anyways, which I notice you failed to acknowledge.
    Cool. So it's for old school fans and old school fans only then. Old school fans shouldn't show it to their kids, or introduce their kids to the franchise with it, because it's 100% not for them.
    Last edited by Noodle; 07-27-2021 at 12:28 PM.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans