Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    This is what you see when it comes to the shows synopsis.

Teela having to reassemble the MOTU.

This is what your friends see....

Teela has to reassemble the MOTU because He-Man has turned into a sad sack loser.

Evil Lyn will become good somehow, she wasn't really evil she was just in an abusive relationship with Skeletor and it was really all his fault.

He-Man will then apologize to Teela for lying about his secret identity and say something like "you were always the strongest of us"

When Teela isn't in a scene characters will ask "Where's Teela?"

Teela will stop wearing her iconic uniform for something more bland and sensible and shave all her hair off on one side.

Teela will have a new female bestie and they will be inseparable.

Characters such as Beast Man and Merman will be shown in a more sympathetic light because it turns out Eternia was polluting the environment.
    Well played, Mr. W! Well played.
    Formerly known as Don't pee in the (Dead)pool...

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay View Post
    Well played, Mr. W! Well played.
    Thanks, it's fun to think up stuff that has no chance of happening. I hope....
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-12-2021 at 05:42 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Thanks, it's fun to think up stuff that has no chance of happening...I hope.
    And I messed up the image The joke was there is an image from the show that made three of those predictions appear to be true
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-10-2021 at 10:10 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If they think this looks woke, tell them to watch She-Ra.

I would think the new She-Ra would be too much for them, if they think this is "woke"^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    I would think the new She-Ra would be too much for them, if they think this is "woke"^^
    That's the joke...

I have no special love for He-Man. I think I just missed it when it came out in the 80's, or I just don't remember watching it.

That said, this looks fun as hell and I'll definitely be watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    So I have watched the trailer multiple times.

Posted on FB and a couple buddies of mine, one black, one white, decried the series saying it was going to be 'woke AF' (the white one said that, the black one said 'I can see the subliminals')

I'm like...where? Now I know putting stuff down as 'woke' is the negativity du jour of the internet and social media right now whenever people feel threatened by attempts at equal representation and such, but I'm like...it's a trailer...where is the wokeness? He-Man is still an over the top beefy blond white guy.

I know the show synopsis starts with Teela having to reassemble the MOTU...are they saying that because a female is kicking off the narrative? Which we don't even know what that is, we have litterally just see 3 minutes of epic visuals over an epic 80s song.

They are my friends and all but I wanted to reach through the screen and smack em.

Entitled Millennials that talk like entitled Boomers.

They realize that if He-Man came out 40 years earlier in the 40s and 50s, there'd be no Teela and She-Ra the way we know them, right?

I swear, I've seen more bad takes on wokeness than actual bad examples of wokeness, to the point where even just simple consideration of current audiences is seen as too woke. Things change and the shows we like will always be a product of their time. Their challenge, like everything else, is to evolve with the times to reach audiences and survive. Complaining about them is the opposite direction and surely leads to a quicker death.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Where's Stratos?? I was already bummed when I didn't see him listed in the casting announcement, but I guess this confirms his absence.
    Yeah, I don't really get why he's not in it either.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I'm 42 so I was fortunate to grow up with the Original MOTU (at the playground I had wore an Iron Sheik Headdress and at the same time yelling "By the Power of Grayskull" waving a He-Man Sword) but at the same time loved the 2002 Series. (Severely Underrated)

This new show is pulling elements from both series. Cast, Animation, Action Scenes, and Song Choice for the trailer looks great. This is the show worth renewing my Netflix Subscription for

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I see no "woke-ness". Some are just going to see what they see cause, hey, it's cool to point out something to others. Even if others say, Oooookkkay.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yes yes yes! The only issue I have; I want to come out sooner. But seriously, this looks like a truly fun series.

Though, animation wise, and thematics wise, I don't see it doing a crossover with the She-Ra series like some wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I see no "woke-ness". Some are just going to see what they see cause, hey, it's cool to point out something to others. Even if others say, Oooookkkay.
    My spouse was talking to a work colleague about Loki and the colleague said they were skipping it because their husband told them it had too much BLM stuff in it. And they are sick of BLM being in everything. We don't have a problem in America, yada yada yada.

My wife asked if I saw that in Loki because she thought she missed it or something and I said no. BUT in FatWS (which she did not watch) I told her that was a plot line or two. So she thinks the person got their wires crossed.

She-Ra and the Princess of Power was VERY "woke" if you will, so maybe they're assuming this one will be, too.

People do that all the time.

And if that means less toxic fans, **** 'em, glad they're gone.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yes yes yes! The only issue I have; I want to come out sooner. But seriously, this looks like a truly fun series.

Though, animation wise, and thematics wise, I don't see it doing a crossover with the She-Ra series like some wanted.
    I mean, they could probably incorporate "classic" She-Ra but so many people probably identify with the reboot that it might cause whiplash.

That and I think the He-Man and She-Ra rights are actually separated?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they could probably incorporate "classic" She-Ra but so many people probably identify with the reboot that it might cause whiplash.

That and I think the He-Man and She-Ra rights are actually separated?
    Hell if I know. But I do know a lot of fans of the 2002 He-Man series were disappointed that She-Ra was never introduced, and a good sized group from the recent She-Ra series wanted the siblings reunited as well.

I do remember that when this was announced, the showrunner for the She-Ra series did say she was open to doing crossover with Kevin Smith of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Hell if I know. But I do know a lot of fans of the 2002 He-Man series were disappointed that She-Ra was never introduced, and a good sized group from the recent She-Ra series wanted the siblings reunited as well.

I do remember that when this was announced, the showrunner for the She-Ra series did say she was open to doing crossover with Kevin Smith of some sort.
    I think the plan was to introduce She-Ra and have Hordak take over as the main villain had they been given another season of the 2002 cartoon.