Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Interesting stuff from the actress who plays Andra.

https://www.newsweek.com/im-first-bl...iverse-1613901

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Smith from Newsweek article
    I remember, at the end of the audition I had to say the iconic, "I have the power" line, so I pulled my lightsaber off the wall—because, yes, I have two—and raised it up over my head as I said the line. I realized they'd think it was super cool or go: "Eesh!" Thankfully, a couple of weeks later I got a call saying I had booked the role of Andra.
    I can't wait to see Smith make a reaction video of himself crying while watching a reaction video of himself crying as Andra becomes the He-Man replacement.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This says less about the show and more about how the opposite is far more common so when it swings in the opposite direction people take notice.

Compare this to another Netflix animated series, Transformers: War For Cybertron, where the female characters can be counted on one hand and the majority of screen time and development is given to male characters.
    Is Transfomers even a fair comparison? There's been like one female-type Transformer per incarnation.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Is Transfomers even a fair comparison? There's been like one female-type Transformer per incarnation.
    There were a lot more since Beast Wars. Prime had one of each side often. The WFC's Kingdom arc had a lot more female roles that your average TFers.

I would say it is apt.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes but they tend to be very few compared to their male counterparts and often aren't as important. Arcee is the most memorable of them and she wasn't even the first one.

Note that Windblade, the most recent female transformer, was created by fans during a contest not by the company itself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    As far as "waiting to see" goes, I mean, we're half a season deep. I think it's reasonable to make some decisions and criticisms about what we've seen. As it is, I think the story is a disservice to the design work, art, and animation that's gone into it.
    Exactly, haha. I can't think of any friend whom I would advise to continue a show if they really disliked the first 5 episodes. Sometimes, a show's just not for you, and people can have different opinions about things. Shocking, I know.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Interesting stuff from the actress who plays Andra.

https://www.newsweek.com/im-first-bl...iverse-1613901

I can't wait to see Smith make a reaction video of himself crying while watching a reaction video of himself crying as Andra becomes the He-Man replacement.
    I don't know if that's where he's going with this, but it would definitely continue the theme of "subverting expectations." I can envision Smith patting himself on the back for killing Adam again in ep 5. "I subverted expectations in ep 1, but I bet a lot of people expected that since everyone subverts expectations these days, but *no one* will guess that I'd do it again in ep 5. I'm so brilliant!"

Well I'm petty and I'm bored, so let's post some memes

220.jpg

Victim Blaming Teela

aeAqV9O_460s.jpg

Also has Adam killed twice
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    aeAqV9O_460s.jpg

Also has Adam killed twice
    And yet we're still getting "Teela is a mary sue" complaints.

Incredible Member

If "mary sue" means perfect / faultless, that's definitely not true and was pointed out right away by the show's detractors who didn't like her personality, and even people who like the show will admit that sometimes Teela acted selfishly or me-first. However there is likely a 0% chance another character will call her out on it or that she will realize it herself and grow from it. The creators think she's awesome as is.

Well that's because the world has lost it's real meanning over the years. Some people use it just to point that they don't like the character. The problem as has been said is that even when she exhibit real big flaws, the show dosen't point it, and she suffer no consecuenses for it and is the other people who has to apologize to her.

Said that personally I think that Teela is more a case of "Creator pet" than "mary sue".
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Found this very interesting if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I have alredy seen the retroscope argument buuuut you just have to see the proportion hips-waist-chest and how long were their legs, to notice that "realistic" is not a the word we should apply in the 80's cartoon. I suppose that the retroscope works like motion capture, you can see the focal points but you can also draw over it and give them the proportion you want(like gollum in LOTR), lets remember that this was also used in snow white and the seven dwarfts and is not a relalistic movie.

Also some of his arguments seems a bit biased about how "modern times destroy feminity" this is a bodybuidier from 1980 (time he argues bodybuldiers were "more femenine")

eversoncory_01.jpg

Look for any actual photo of those "deformed" modern bodybuldiers he attacks and tell me if they really look so different.

I have several problems with this Show and Teela in particular but her biceps is not one of them.
    Last edited by Coatl; 08-04-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

It wouldn't be a Midnight's Edge video without mentioning the 25% Star Trek thing, a concept no one else has been able to confirm. The research they did on the original He-Man aesthetic is interesting and I think should ironically put to bed the idea that these character designs are a step removed from the originals (so what they are arguing against).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I have alredy seen the retroscope argument buuuut you just have to see the proportion hips-waist-chest and how long were their legs, to notice that "realistic" is not a the word we should apply in the 80's cartoon. I suppose that the retroscope works like motion capture, you can see the focal points but you can also draw over it and give them the proportion you want(like gollum in LOTR), lets remember that this was also used in snow white and the seven dwarfts and is not a relalistic movie.

Also some of his arguments seems a bit biased about how "modern times destroy feminity" this is a bodybuidier from 1980 (time he argues bodybuldiers were "more femenine")

eversoncory_01.jpg

Look for any actual photo of those "deformed" modern bodybuldiers he attacks and tell me if they really look so different.

I have several problems with this Show and Teela in particular but her biceps is not one of them.
    Yeah that was pretty weak argument. They showed us an image of the actress that played Teela in the video; she looks just as muscular as the Teela from Revelations. Where as the 'modern' muscular woman doesn't look like her at all.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Niffleheim

I used to watch Midnight's Edge only when I needed a laugh. Even thou I didn't like the Sequel Trilogy this channel used to be a lot of entertainment for the things they used to say but I stopped watching when the guy with the accent cut down his videos and brought in a boring person with no accent who didn't know how to weave an entertaining yarn..