Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

He-Man's still the central character. I mean, he's front-and-center in the trailer, they're marketing it as a He-Man show.

They're probably just going to spotlight other characters too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    None of the characters appear like this in the trailer which makes me think that all that footage probably was from the first episode.

Just missing Andra and Roboto with clothes.

I'm just hoping they don't make Clawful stupid, which is something that annoyed me about the 2002 reboot. Beyond that, I'm good. I mean, after all these years, animated Clamp Champ!

So, here's the thing...

All the rumors everyone heard about what the show is really about, are true.

Out of Kevin Smith's own mouth.

At the 45 minute mark is when he starts talking about Masters of the Universe, and almost immediately confirms the first 10 minutes are basically what we saw in the trailer before it "shifts".
    The 49 minute mark is when he says the title refers to Teela and how this is all about Teela's journey. He intimated that she discovers Prince Adam is He-Man, but not from Adam himself, but rather whatever causes this cataclysm.

So, yeah, that's why it wasn't called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Revelation, its not about him exactly. He's important, obviously, but this is about Teela. My guess is she'll wield the power sword and become...not sure what she'd be called, Teela-Ra?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

So, yeah, that's why it wasn't called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Revelation, its not about him exactly. He's important, obviously, but this is about Teela. My guess is she'll wield the power sword and become...not sure what she'd be called, Teela-Ra?
    Oh man if they do that and she get the power of the sword the internet will rip Kevin Smith to shreds. All the trolls will come out in full force, and I don't think Kevin will be able to take that amount of troll hate. He is used to being loved on line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Oh man if they do that and she get the power of the sword the internet will rip Kevin Smith to shreds. All the trolls will come out in full force, and I don't think Kevin will be able to take that amount of troll hate. He is used to being loved on line.
    I think it'll be a case of both sides (for and against) talking past each other. Smith will think "you don't care about women's agency!" and those against will think "why did you lie about it?" Though...his original blurb from 2-3 years ago before production even started said it was about Teela...

My dog in this fight is Clamp Champ, even if he gets a minute total of screen time, and Clawful's intelligence, beyond that...I'm curious. If we get Power Sword Teela I'm getting that toy, though.

I'm fine with Teela getting character focus, but getting the Power Sword...I dunno, I think that'd be a bit much.

Now I'm thinking about how the upcoming CGI cartoon seems to be going for the entire Masters of the Universe wielding the Power of Grayskull, and not just He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with Teela getting character focus, but getting the Power Sword...I dunno, I think that'd be a bit much.

Now I'm thinking about how the upcoming CGI cartoon seems to be going for the entire Masters of the Universe wielding the Power of Grayskull, and not just He-Man.
    Yeah, I feel the same about that.

I think this will probably focus on Teela being the Scorcress' daughter.

If it really ends up being Teela's show with that voice cast, I am beyond there.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think this will probably focus on Teela being the Scorcress' daughter.
    Right she has her own destiny (which she might not want). She probably has some latent magical abilities (which may be why Evil-Lyn is there to help teach her).

In either case, her best friends lied to her, her Dad isn't her Dad and also lied to her, the life she thought she knew she wasn't real, there's more soap opera angst surrounding Teela than any other He-Man character.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Right she has her own destiny (which she might not want). She probably has some latent magical abilities (which may be why Evil-Lyn is there to help teach her).

In either case, her best friends lied to her, her Dad isn't her Dad and also lied to her, the life she thought she knew she wasn't real, there's more soap opera angst surrounding Teela than any other He-Man character.
    Confirmed, or is that just fan theory?

Kevin Smith said out his own mouth (I know, screw the link I cited, right?) the title refers to the fallout of her finding out Adam is He-Man and that revelation not coming from Adam himself. The man whose "baby" this is said it himself. How it's "really" about her being the sorceress daughter is...weird to me, but not surprising, I guess. It might be secondary, but that is primary. His quote about it is what's making the rounds and what he's defending against in tweeter posts. Why would he be defending himself about it really being about Teela finding out Sorceress is her mother? Rhetorical.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Well, again, given that link (Kevin's words), and how another certain character wields the sword, its not a leap to think she might wield it herself, even if its briefly. It might even be a way to get her in the snake armor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Confirmed, or is that just fan theory?
    It's in an episode of the cartoon. Sorceress is her mom, and gave her to Man at Arms for Adoption when she was a baby. I can't remember if Teela knows/remembers that he's not her her real Dad, but I could be mis-remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Kevin Smith said out his own mouth (I know, screw the link I cited, right?) the title refers to the fallout of her finding out Adam is He-Man and that revelation not coming from Adam himself. The man whose "baby" this is said it himself. How it's "really" about her being the sorceress daughter is...weird to me, but not surprising, I guess. It might be secondary, but that is primary. His quote about it is what's making the rounds and what he's defending against in tweeter posts. Why would he be defending himself about it really being about Teela finding out Sorceress is her mother? Rhetorical.
    Honestly, this series is just a number of things coming to a head that the OG series never got to (or avoided, with how campy it was). People overreacting so much before it even airs is annoying.