Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Will it be addressed in the second half how the rest of He-Man's friends feel about his death?
    Or what happened to his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Will it be addressed in the second half how the rest of He-Man's friends feel about his death?
    I hope so. I really, really, really hope so.

I tired about how all has been about Teela how hurt she feels about a secret no one was keeping from her on proupose. If the serie is called Masters of the universe I want to see more about the "masters of the universe". I want to see how the lost of the biggest champion affected Ethernia in a more personal way, until now we only have seen how the lost of the magic, has affected Ethernia, but no what the people think about He-man dying to protect them.

The king trown a funeral? Did they cover the dead of Adam or was the double identity revelated? How are the royal couple after the lost of his son? How is the king after learning that the son he berated for years was actually a hero? And that her wife kept the secret of him. He banished man at arms of the kingdoom his most trusted friend and best warrior, what is he going to do about his wife? Now the only heir is dead, how that will affect politically.

There are so many important themes that hasn't been touched yet.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I would if it was. It would help me help him more if I were him on Reddit because I can't promote other people's stuff there lol.
    Here show this to your friend.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gcMTNDTUrBo
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Methinks your friend is patting himself on the back too much here. His arguments weren't new or even all that interesting / thought-provoking. The crux of the video is that he thinks the classic show sucked, and so any changes that were made to it are good. He goes to that well repeatedly, over and over again. It's not an original argument and it's also not really a legitimate response to fans that actually liked the old cartoon. "You're wrong, your show actually sucked" is not good argumentation. (This doesn't even get into how he couldn't explain in any detail why the Netflix show is "deeper"/better according to him.)
    If that is what he is pushing-he does not get it.

1980 cartoon shows were NOT meant to be as deep or in depth as some of the 90s-now cartoon shows.

They were are SELLING TOYS. For those that had comics-those were suppose to expand on characters if they were allowed to as Star Trek under DC has proved.

He-Man, MASK, Transformer, GI Joe, Voltron, Robotech, Power Rangers, Sonic and TMNT didn't explain a lot about who came from where.

Transformers never explained where Hot Rod and others came from. The comic did.

This show is NOT selling toys. So they have more freedom to be deeper.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yes but they tend to be very few compared to their male counterparts and often aren't as important.
    On that point, it's important to remember though that none of the "male" transformers are actually male, just like the "female" ones arent female, or at least werent for the vast majority of the history of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    On that point, it's important to remember though that none of the "male" transformers are actually male, just like the "female" ones arent female, or at least werent for the vast majority of the history of the franchise.
    The robots are male and female coded though so they're depiction still matters. Like Optimus Prime is the leader of the autobots and overwhelmingly exudes male characteristics tying masculinity with leadership.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

They had Transformers with male voices, typical male bodies and were addressed with male pronouns. When the female Autobots first showed up in the 80s cartoon, female pronouns, bodies and voices were used for them as well. The concept of gender has existed in the Transformers franchise since its inception.

so I look at the page for DreamWorks He-Man and the Masters of the universe and here is the synopsis on the page

spoilers:
    Mighty teen Adam and his heroic squad of misfits discover the legendary power of Grayskull — and their destiny to defend Eternia from sinister Skeletor.
    end of spoilers
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

In universe maybe but in reality it was very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    so I look at the page for DreamWorks He-Man and the Masters of the universe and here is the synopsis on the page

spoilers:
    Mighty teen Adam and his heroic squad of misfits discover the legendary power of Grayskull — and their destiny to defend Eternia from sinister Skeletor.
    end of spoilers
    I'm kind of worried they're going to try to shift the franchise too far into a more typical toyetic kids cartoon.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of worried they're going to try to shift the franchise too far into a more typical toyetic kids cartoon.
    ...it always was a toyetic kids cartoon. Plots were literally written to showcase new action figures, vehicles and playsets. He-Man is the poster child for toyetic cartoons.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ...it always was a toyetic kids cartoon. Plots were literally written to showcase new action figures, vehicles and playsets. He-Man is the poster child for toyetic cartoons.
    LOL right Like literally the job of the show was to sell toys. That is it. They were not trying to be deep, moral, socially conscious, fair, balanced, they were just to push plastic upon the masses.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Oh, I get it's designed to sell toys. My issue is the possible execution.

I'm kind of worried they're going to de-age Man-at-Arms.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, I get it's designed to sell toys. My issue is the possible execution.

I'm kind of worried they're going to de-age Man-at-Arms.
    Probably not. They will have Teen-Man, teen Teela and teen Orko probably, not to mention what other masters will be de-aged, so I think Man-At-Arms will need to be the old head in the room.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Probably not. They will have Teen-Man, teen Teela and teen Orko probably, not to mention what other masters will be de-aged, so I think Man-At-Arms will need to be the old head in the room.
    I think Adam, Teela, Duncan (Man-at-Arms) and Ram-Man are confirmed to be in it alongside a techno-mage Orko.