Question What moral lesson can be learned in this episode

Netflix Masters of the Universe Revelation
    Watched by Original Filmation Characters

At 1:42 Teela calls everyone "a pack of liars!"
    In all 130 episodes of He-Man and the MOTU, the following NEVER happened;

Teela: Adam? Are you He-Man?
    Adam: Nope!
    Adam LIED when Teela asked him this question
    in every single episode of the 130 episodes.

Teela: Sorceress? Is prince Adam He-Man?
    Sorceress: Nope!
    Sorceress LIED when Teela asked her this question

Teela: Queen Marlena? Is your son He-Man?
    Queen Marlena: Nope!
    Queen Marlena LIED when Teela asked her this question

Teela: Man-At-Arms? Is Adam He-Man?
    Man-At-Arms: Nope!
    Man-At-Arms LIED when Teela asked him this question

Teela: Orko? Is Adam He-Man?
    Orko: Nope!
    Orko LIED when Teela asked him this question

Teela: Cringer? Is Adam He-Man?
    Cringer: Nope!
    Cringer LIED when Teela asked him this question

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ...it always was a toyetic kids cartoon. Plots were literally written to showcase new action figures, vehicles and playsets. He-Man is the poster child for toyetic cartoons.
    Actually Lou Sheamer tried hard to focus more on the show's plots then on the Toys that's why Battle Armor He-Man never showed up as well as the dumber vehicles. He went to War a lot with Mattel over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Actually Lou Sheamer tried hard to focus more on the show's plots then on the Toys that's why Battle Armor He-Man never showed up as well as the dumber vehicles. He went to War a lot with Mattel over this.
    Very true, the toys were almost never the actual focus of the plot. (Unlike say, Transformers where the episode storylines were often about the creation or discovery of a new action figure ie: creation of the Dinobots, Stunticons, etc.) Not to mention many prominent characters in season 1 didn't even have toy releases until the very final year of the toyline (The Sorceress, King Randor) as well as several original villains that weren't produced as action figures (Evilseed, Shokoti, Count Marzo).
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Lightbulb He-Man as a Magical Girl

"I remember watching the original He-Man as a kid and really loving it.
    Now watching the 2021 He-Man brought back a lot of memories
    and his transformation, which I love, seems very "magical girl" similar.
    So I thought why not put some music over the footage and see how it looks."

Winx Club (Enchantix)
    Sailor Moon (Original)
    Glitter Force
    Miraculous Ladybug
    Lolirock
    My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
    Barbie as Rapunzel
    W.I.T.C.H.
    She-Ra (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    This reminds me of them actually fitting in a new armor look for He-Man in the 2002 cartoon when he was fighting the Snake-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Teela calls everyone "a pack of liars!"
    In all 130 episodes of He-Man and the MOTU, the following NEVER happened;

Teela: Adam? Are you He-Man?
    Adam: Nope!
    Adam LIED when Teela asked him this question

Teela: Is prince Adam He-Man?
    Sorceress: Nope!
    Sorceress LIED when Teela asked her this question

Teela: Queen Marlena? Is your son He-Man?
    Queen Marlena: Nope!
    Queen Marlena LIED when Teela asked her this question

Teela: Man-At-Arms? Is Adam He-Man?
    Man-At-Arms: Nope!
    Man-At-Arms LIED when Teela asked him this question

Teela: Orko? Is Adam He-Man?
    Orko: Nope!
    Orko LIED when Teela asked him this question

Teela: Cringer? Is Adam He-Man?
    Cringer: Nope!
    Cringer LIED when Teela asked him this question
    I'm sure repeating yourself over and over in bold colors makes it really convincing. You know what a lie of omission is, right? Anyway, all it really takes is lying in one episode to make someone a liar, but the lie of omission is what happened in "every single episode of 130 episodes." She also never said she literally asked any of them to their faces if Adam as He-Man - They likely told various lies along the way to hide his ID from her.

Of the many issues one can bring up to criticize this show, this comes across as overblown (while colorful) nitpicking.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm sure repeating yourself over and over in bold colors makes it really convincing. You know what a lie of omission is, right? Anyway, all it really takes is lying in one episode to make someone a liar, but the lie of omission is what happened in "every single episode of 130 episodes." She also never said she literally asked any of them to their faces if Adam as He-Man - They likely told various lies along the way to hide his ID from her.

Of the many issues one can bring up to criticize this show, this comes across as overblown (while colorful) nitpicking.
    Didn't Wheel of Time have a Big Lie omission for the first 2 books?

And Star Wars?

Amongst others. It is a trope of fantasy for a reason.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Netflix’s MOTU: Revelation struggles with the same issues many other shows/movies struggled with.

BANNED

Skeletor Presents: Teela Schwarzenegger in Masters of the Universe Revelation?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Here the Lamentations of a marginal cry at the top of their lungs portion of the fanbase

Fixed that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Keeping a secret that hurts no one is never a lie. Ever.

It's extremely selfish to demand this sort of knowledge, tbh. It's not necessary for Adam to tell anyone that he's He-Man. It's none of anyone's business what he does with his sword.

However, frankly, I never understood the reasoning behind Adam's secret identity. If anything, public knowledge of him being He-Man would have made him less of a target than he already was. And everyone he hung around with was already a huge target. Having a superhero-style secret ID made no sense at all.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

It's extremely selfish to demand this sort of knowledge, tbh. It's not necessary for Adam to tell anyone that he's He-Man. It's none of anyone's business what he does with his sword.

However, frankly, I never understood the reasoning behind Adam's secret identity. If anything, public knowledge of him being He-Man would have made him less of a target than he already was. And everyone he hung around with was already a huge target. Having a superhero-style secret ID made no sense at all.
    Adam didn't want to hold the secret, there were a ton of times he wished he could make public his identity so his life could have been easier. Or at very least share the responsability.

The "You must kept your identity as a secret" was Sorceres stuff, the same person who hide the identity of Teela father but let her being adopted for a man who she barely knew (but fortunately was honest and a good parent) and made Both Man at arms and Adamn kept the secret of Teela identity. So whe she dies (or gets hurt) and Teela has to take her place she would be confused, hurt, inexperienced and untrained in magic ways.

I agree that hiding He-Man was Adam has no sense, he alredy has a target because he was the crown prince and his family alredy was attacked because they were royalty. Damn, even in the 80's show Skeletor actually kidnaped Adam and his parents once or twice. I think that the secret identity could have hold some sense if Adam were a nobody who can blend easily betwen people. But being the prince make him look like a weakling is even dangerous to the kingdom.

About how entitled Teela has been I think I have spoken a lot.

616MarvelYear is LeapYear You clearly don't like the new show, WE GET IT, repost the same post you alredy put in other forum is unnecesary
    Last edited by Coatl; 08-16-2021 at 05:11 PM.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Keeping a secret by definition requires lying.

Teela fought side by side with him for years, risking her life on a daily basis for him and the king and queen were his parents. These people had a right to know, Sorceress be damned.

This I can agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Teela fought side by side with him for years, risking her life on a daily basis for him and the king and queen were his parents. These people had a right to know, Sorceress be damned.
    I'm not saying they didn't have a right to know but I feel like it worked well enough without them knowing up until this point.
    This I can agree with.
    I assume it was so Skeletor wouldn't directly target him for his connection to Castle Greyskull and the Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not saying they didn't have a right to know but I feel like it worked well enough without them knowing up until this point.

I assume it was so Skeletor wouldn't directly target him for his connection to Castle Greyskull and the Sorceress.
    Sorceress explicitly says this in "Prince Adam No More", in fact. If anything it was addressed there. If it wasn't addressed to people's satisfaction I guess that's a personal thing. But the old Filmation show didn't ignore it.