Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Netflix ruins He-Man (parody)

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I mean, Teela being mad about the secret wasn't being presented in some morally unassailable light or anything. Pretty sure Evil Lyn came right out and dismissed it entirely to her face, even. I don't know what anyone is expecting there.

Mind you, I think relying on unresolved questions from the original series to create drama in the current one without doing any legwork to establish the problems in the new one does still go to show how rushed the story is for the sake of some cheap rugpulls, but I've already said I think Kevin Smith is a turd.

Moral analysis of Teela being bad at expressing her hurt feelings is silly though.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

BANNED

Lately I've been reading a lot of the DC He-Man comics, they handle a lot of the stuff this show wants to do and be a lot better.
    And they all manage to do it without killing off He-Man and making Teela an incredibly boring and unlikable character.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Lately I've been reading a lot of the DC He-Man comics, they handle a lot of the stuff this show wants to do and be a lot better.
    And they all manage to do it without killing off He-Man and making Teela an incredibly boring and unlikable character.
    Ok, I was able to read those comics and while they were fun and I enjoyed them I have to admit that one of the things that I didn’t enjoyed that much was actually Teela as character, she was sometimes a bully, Lashed at others frequently and when got powers was as secretive and manipulator as The Sorceress in a bad day.
    Still I have to add that they clearly shows how she cares for her Friends (something we haven’t see here becuse she basically disowns everyone), cares for Adam in her own way and loves Duncan a lot.
    I think that this is what this Teela lacks, those reddiming qualityes that make us overcome her worse traits.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Astonishing Member

If you watched the cartoon, the Teela character was super impetuous, loud-mouthed, did stupid stuff like always threatening Skeletor and making things worse for the heroes etc. Many times she actually was unlikeable.

I can see where the writing staff got the Teela characterization if they all watched all episodes of the cartoon right before they put their script to paper.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If you watched the cartoon, the Teela character was super impetuous, loud-mouthed, did stupid stuff like always threatening Skeletor and making things worse for the heroes etc. Many times she actually was unlikeable.

I can see where the writing staff got the Teela characterization if they all watched all episodes of the cartoon right before they put their script to paper.
    I agree, and not.

Yes she was that way but at same time had qualityes that make her bearable. She loved her father a lot (one of the things that make me dislike her is the way she acts against Mant at arms) and respected him, even in those chapters she knows the truth about her origins she never blames him becuase understand that it was not his secret to share. Her impetus was in part fueled for her dessire to make her father proud being "brave". Also was respectfull to the King and Queen understanding that power positions leads to hard decitions so she was supportive even if she didn't like all the orders.

She cared about Adam and her teasing of him comes more as a young woman who dosen't know how to proper express her feelings and want him to be better (is still not right but more understable).

She was compassionate and wanted to protect the weak, I really don't see the clasical Teela yelling that she dosen't care if magic is gone (seein how other people are suffering and her "friends" dying) or yelling that she wants someone to die. Also she was able to apologize when she was proven wrong.

Now we have all the defects but no one of the virtues, so I just can hope that this Teela gets a BIG character development.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I really don’t get what the point was with angering most of the 80’s cartoon fans with the significant changes made here if Netflix were just gonna to make a literal reboot series a month later, especially since they never could make a direct sequel to the 80’s cartoon anyway (despite their attempts to pretend otherwise).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Revelation isn't anything to be upset about. All those 45-55yr olds who need diapers crying on the internet are crying crocodile tears.

Now, if they want to get in an uproar they should look at the actual start from scratch new He-Man & MOTU cartoon Netflix is doing. That should get plenty of their wild hairs going.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I really don’t get what the point was with angering most of the 80’s cartoon fans with the significant changes made here if Netflix were just gonna to make a literal reboot series a month later, especially since they never could make a direct sequel to the 80’s cartoon anyway (despite their attempts to pretend otherwise).
    It was the usual grifters that have forever gone after POC or females or LGBTQA content that makes it hard to address legit concerns in whatever project.

The show was following what would have been season 4 of the Filmation series. Most of what was seen was going to be in that season except for say the black woman, Orko's death and some other stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It was the usual grifters that have forever gone after POC or females or LGBTQA content that makes it hard to address legit concerns in whatever project.

The show was following what would have been season 4 of the Filmation series. Most of what was seen was going to be in that season except for say the black woman, Orko's death and some other stuff.
    I very much doubt the idea the filmation was going to have He Man and Skeletor dead for most of the season and then have Adam return just to be mortally wounded.

BANNED

Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 1 Review

BANNED

Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 2 Review

BANNED

Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 3 Review

BANNED

Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 4 Review

BANNED

Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 5 Review