Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758596061 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I didn't see that at all. He Man didn't show up until the last episode. The last episode of two seasons!!! LMAO!

I can't stop giggling when I think about it.

Imagine if your like some super hardcore middle age He Man fan, you watch two seasons of Teela in charge.....only to see He Man properly in action once in a secondary battle, because Teela is fighting Evelyn in the big battle (Being aided by a female sorceress to boot)

Heads must be exploding lol,
    Well first of all, He-Man doesn't generally show up until the end of an episode to begin with. Second, you're moving the goalposts (again.) Third, He-Man doe show up in an even more powerful form prior to the final episode and his "normal form" shows up in frequent flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well first of all, He-Man doesn't generally show up until the end of an episode to begin with. Second, you're moving the goalposts (again.) Third, He-Man doe show up in an even more powerful form prior to the final episode and his "normal form" shows up in frequent flashbacks.
    Cmon lol....he doesn't properly show up in the whole series for two seasons until the last episode!!! The last episode!

I can't stop giggling at this point, thinking of a balding middle aged He Man fan going into a fit of rage!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I kinda want to see season 2 revolve around She-Ra's gender fluidity while Hordak imparts his Critical Horde Theory on Eternia.

Jokes aside, I actually think this show was pretty good BUT ... breaking it into parts did it no favors. I'm usually a bigger proponent of "once a week" schedules but this show needed to be dropped all at once. The tonal disparity from part 1 to 2, I think, damaged the show's goodwill.

Also, I think Princesses of Power and the current He-Man kid show are doing/did the themes better than MotU:R tried to touch on.
    This is probably what happens when you are not trying to sell toys to offset your budget.

Along with ignoring the restrictions that the older shows had at the time that forced them to alter content.

The educational and morals that were presented than just happening in those episodes is not in the last two series.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This is probably what happens when you are not trying to sell toys to offset your budget.

Along with ignoring the restrictions that the older shows had at the time that forced them to alter content.

The educational and morals that were presented than just happening in those episodes is not in the last two series.
    Well, I'm comparing the Netflix shows to each other.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Right it's literally called "Masters of the Universe" as in ensemble cast.
    Not really, before this new Revelations He-Man was always the main protagonist of "Masters of the Universe", usually with with Orko, Teela, Man-at-Arms and Battlecat as the main support characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not really, before this new Revelations He-Man was always the main protagonist of "Masters of the Universe", usually with with Orko, Teela, Man-at-Arms and Battlecat as the main support characters.
    That's correct. But the title being called "Masters of the Universe" instead of the cartoon's "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" is one of the things being suspicious that it wasn't a He-Man story to begin with. (And then Kevin Smith kinda lied on Twitter). But at least for me, I was expecting an ensemble cast.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    That's correct. But the title being called "Masters of the Universe" instead of the cartoon's "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" is one of the things being suspicious that it wasn't a He-Man story to begin with. (And then Kevin Smith kinda lied on Twitter). But at least for me, I was expecting an ensemble cast.
    Yeah, but even so people would still expect He-Man to be the main character given the precedent. I don't think that's an unfair expectations.

I mean, even a show titled "Masters of the Universe" barely featured much of the Masters of the Universe. Even in the finale we just got Ram-Man and generics of Stratos and Buzz-Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but even so people would still expect He-Man to be the main character given the precedent. I don't think that's an unfair expectations.

I mean, even a show titled "Masters of the Universe" barely featured much of the Masters of the Universe. Even in the finale we just got Ram-Man and generics of Stratos and Buzz-Off.
    I'm not a He-Man geek but aren't all the characters considered "Masters of the Universe" ... Skeletor, Evil-lyn, Teela, Orko, Stinko, He-Man, etc. as they are the masters of something?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I'm not a He-Man geek but aren't all the characters considered "Masters of the Universe" ... Skeletor, Evil-lyn, Teela, Orko, Stinko, He-Man, etc. as they are the masters of something?
    Well, the bad guys are known as the Evil Warriors while the Masters of the Universe are the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the bad guys are known as the Evil Warriors while the Masters of the Universe are the heroes.
    Oh okay, I was going off of what the CG cartoon said when Skeletor said that they are all masters of the universe. I assumed that it meant they all were. It was just hammy dialog.

So is this renewed or not?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So is this renewed or not?
    Don't know. Conflicting reports. Apparently writing took the longest and that part is almost done for season 2 (or part 3).
    On November 23, 2021, Netflix launched the second part of the show. Each episode lasts roughly 30 minutes in the second installment.

Regarding the third installment of the show, let me share with you all of the information we discovered. Before we move on, let’s clarify that season 1, part 2, represents a continuation of the first season. It is quite unusual for Netflix to release an episode in the same season as the show’s five-episode first run.

Taking this into consideration, it appears that Netflix is in control, and everything will depend on the show’s performance on the streaming service. Since the writing may not take as long as expected, the animated superhero drama may be completed sooner than expected. Animating and recording the voice is still a complex procedure.

The third season (Masters of the Universe: Revelation) is expected to premiere during the year-end of 2022 or perhaps even later if the show receives the green light by early 2022.
    There are apparently She-Ra rites issues that slowed down the release of part 2, which means part 3 was impacted. Dreamworks wanted a live-action She-Ra, Netflix said no, they went to Amazon, now it sounds like the animated rites are with Netflix with a season 6 of Princess of Power as the olive branch and a showing in possibly both of the animated Netflix shows.

She-Ra rites sounds more convoluted than Hulk's movie rites!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-13-2022 at 11:40 AM.

Don't know. Conflicting reports. Apparently writing took the longest and that part is almost done for season 2 (or part 3).

There are apparently She-Ra rites issues that slowed down the release of part 2, which means part 3 was impacted. Dreamworks wanted a live-action She-Ra, Netflix said no, they went to Amazon, now it sounds like the animated rites are with Netflix with a season 6 of Princess of Power as the olive branch and a showing in possibly both of the animated Netflix shows.

She-Ra rites sounds more convoluted than Hulk's movie rites!
    Okay. So I'm thinking it's going to be renewed. It's 2022 and every franchise has gone up in flames so it comes down to which infernos are most amusing. This was an amusing inferno.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-13-2022 at 12:32 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay. So I'm thinking it's going to be renewed. It's 2022 and every franchise has gone up in flames so it comes down to which infernos are most amusing. This was an amusing inferno.
    The CG show is actually better done IMHO. I'd rather they go whole hog into that universe. Bonus that my kiddos enjoy it, too.

The CG show is actually better done IMHO. I'd rather they go whole hog into that universe. Bonus that my kiddos enjoy it, too.
    I mean, the CGI one isn't bad, just that the roles of Cringer and Man at Arms have pretty much been swapped. And I don't know if I particularly like it that much.