Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I mean, the CGI one isn't bad, just that the roles of Cringer and Man at Arms have pretty much been swapped. And I don't know if I particularly like it that much.
    Yeah, that stood out to me a lot.

Also I felt Cringer and Adam's closeness in their limited screentime in this way more than I did in the CGI cartoon. I also prefer older Man-at-Arms to Duncan as a geeky tech dude.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I mean, the CGI one isn't bad, just that the roles of Cringer and Man at Arms have pretty much been swapped. And I don't know if I particularly like it that much.
    I have yet to make time for the CGI He-Man.
    You mean to say Man-at-Arms....is cowardly?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I have yet to make time for the CGI He-Man.
    You mean to say Man-at-Arms....is cowardly?
    Well, a little, he's like the geeky tech guy who isn't that physically imposing and mostly a ball of anxiety, but he steps up when needed.

Cringer was a welcome change for me as was Ram M'am, dorky name and all! I liked the Teela change, too.

Man-At-Arms ... my kids like but I'm on the fence. I don't like that he's cowardly. Netflix has a history of taking these type of cowardly characters and having them grow (like the kid in Camp Cretaceous). I think we'll see the same with Man-At-Arms. Cringer being the more stately one is kind of fun which is why I'm on the fence with Man-At-Arms.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cringer was a welcome change for me as was Ram M'am, dorky name and all! I liked the Teela change, too.
    Cringer felt like it kind of missed the point of the character. Like, he's cool and I love David Kaye, but it just feels off. They even had to workaround why he even has his name when his personality makes it make no sense.

Krass is cool.
    Man-At-Arms ... my kids like but I'm on the fence. I don't like that he's cowardly. Netflix has a history of taking these type of cowardly characters and having them grow (like the kid in Camp Cretaceous). I think we'll see the same with Man-At-Arms. Cringer being the more stately one is kind of fun which is why I'm on the fence with Man-At-Arms.
    Adults with mustaches can be cool .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cringer felt like it kind of missed the point of the character. Like, he's cool and I love David Kaye, but it just feels off. They even had to workaround why he even has his name when his personality makes it make no sense.

Krass is cool.

I never liked Cringer (Battle Cat was cool) when I was a kid, which I why I liked the change. I can see the point you're making and I fully realize I'm in the minority on Cringer. Now a good middle ground, IMHO, would be if he was brave and stately, but never fought because he had no claws. They have the transformation gimmick for the whole team so I think that would work and not harm the "ethos" of the character, if you will. I liked Orko for some reason (my male friends did not like him) however. Not sure why I'm adding that?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I never liked Cringer (Battle Cat was cool) when I was a kid, which I why I liked the change. I can see the point you're making and I fully realize I'm in the minority on Cringer. Now a good middle ground, IMHO, would be if he was brave and stately, but never fought because he had no claws. They have the transformation gimmick for the whole team so I think that would work and not harm the "ethos" of the character, if you will. I liked Orko for some reason (my male friends did not like him) however. Not sure why I'm adding that?
    I feel like it defeats the point of Battle Cat if there's no real contrast or difference in his transformation (like at least make him more feral or visibly bestial), but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Krass is cool.

I don't see it as missing the point, so much as given the character an update for a fresh audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't see it as missing the point, so much as given the character an update for a fresh audience.
    Yeah, but I feel like the update should feel more in-character and appropriate than it actually does.

Still haven't heard any news about this. Is it renewed or not?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I think the next batch of episodes is in March?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I think the next batch of episodes is in March?
    No, the Kevin Smith helmed show.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No, the Kevin Smith helmed show.
    There's been no word on a renewal for Revelation just yet. CG He-Man in the meantime already has 26 episodes commissioned and will run for three series.

Extraordinary Member

I definitely remember seeing news saying there would be more of the smith one

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I definitely remember seeing news saying there would be more of the smith one
    The best source for all things MOTU is He-Man.org, and they've heard nothing about a new season. Anything else you hear is speculation and wishful thinking.