Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Eh...looks like what ppl were saying about Teela being the focus is true. Why not just make a series about a new female heroine? It does seem smith was being dishonest after all. Probably still check it out but not a must see like before.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Eh...looks like what ppl were saying about Teela being the focus is true. Why not just make a series about a new female heroine? It does seem smith was being dishonest after all. Probably still check it out but not a must see like before.
    It does seem a tad disingenuous when they're advertising He-Man so much but maybe it won't be that one-sided.

Well, guess I'm out. There is always new Thundercat animated movie coming from Adam Wingard to look forward to.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It seems really weird to be "out" on this just because Teela might get equal billing as He-Man. From everything shown so far it looks like it has a lot of great action and it certainly looks like it has the feel of the old show.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It seems really weird to be "out" on this just because Teela might get equal billing as He-Man. From everything shown so far it looks like it has a lot of great action and it certainly looks like it has the feel of the old show.
    Makes perfect sense. On page one of this thread when I had high hopes for this show I was jokingly responding to another poster about the worst things that could possibly happen but probably wouldn't happen. This was the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W
    Teela has to reassemble the MOTU because He-Man has turned into a sad sack loser.
    Yep, that's going to happen.

Evil Lyn will become good somehow, she wasn't really evil she was just in an abusive relationship with Skeletor and it was really all his fault.
    Hey, is that Evil Lyn standing next to Teela?!

He-Man will then apologize to Teela for lying about his secret identity and say something like "you were always the strongest of us"
    This will happen.

When Teela isn't in a scene characters will ask "Where's Teela
    This will happen.

Teela will stop wearing her iconic uniform for something more bland and sensible and shave all her hair off on one side.
    To be fair, anyone could see this one coming a mile away. It's standard operating procedure for almost all action heroines.

Teela will have a new female bestie and they will be inseparable
    Hey, who is that new woman that I haven't seen until now?!

Characters such as Beast Man and Merman will be shown in a more sympathetic light because it turns out Eternia was polluting the environment.
    Holy crap, Beast Man is hanging out with her too?! It's like I'm Nostrdamus! Keep in mind this was written before I saw this trailer. Since I have been killing it with my predictions I'll keep going LOL.

Teela will wield the sword of power.

Stratos has a Very. Important. Announcement. to make to everyone.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I mean, I'm fine with equal billing and less actually phasing out or downplaying Adam and He-Man just to make Teela the main character.

I don't think they need to do that (and I'm not entirely convinced they are, but we'll have to see).

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Makes perfect sense. On page one of this thread when I had high hopes for this show I was jokingly responding to another poster about the worst things that could possibly happen but probably wouldn't happen. This was the list.

This will happen.

This will happen.

To be fair, anyone could see this one coming a mile away. It's standard operating procedure for almost all action heroines.

Holy crap, Beast Man is hanging out with her too?! It's like I'm Nostrdamus! Keep in mind this was written before I saw this trailer. Since I have been killing it with my predictions I'll keep going LOL.

Adam says that in the new trailer and it looks like she has been wielding the other half of the sword of power after He-Man rips it in two.

You should post your plot predictions to Kevin Smith. He is offering a bounty. And nobody has gotten close to it yet.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

This will happen.

This will happen.

I don't see how any of this is necessarily bad...and your complaint about He-Man being a "sad sack loser" because it's Teela putting the pieces back together and not Adam? Ouch. How does some one even type that and not think, " Wow, I really sound like an incel there...maybe I should rethink my point of view."?

Spectacular Member

and your complaint about He-Man being a "sad sack loser" because it's Teela putting the pieces back together and not Adam?
    I think the person you responded to said He man had become a "sad sack loser" and hence because of that Teela had to put the MOTU back together again instead of him, and not that because Teela was doing this He man was therefore a "sad Sack loser" - thats not the same thing.

Anyway, if they are making a new He-Man show I dont see it as an unreasonable request that it be He man who should be the focus and main star of it. When they made the new She-ra show they didnt put her in the back ground to focus on Bow did they?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post

Anyway, if they are making a new He-Man show I dont see it as an unreasonable request that it be He man who should be the focus and main star of it. When they made the new She-ra show they didnt put her in the back ground to focus on Bow did they?
    The show doesn't bear his name. While He-Man can still be a central character it opens things up for someone else to take the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The show doesn't bear his name. While He-Man can still be a central character it opens things up for someone else to take the lead.
    Yeah, one of the complainants I had as a kid (To which I had many; both the original He-man and She-ra were exercises in squandered potential.) was how cool the masters of the universe seemed, but they were mostly useless.

The formula of He-Man transforms, then single-handedly effortlessly beats up the baddies, while failing to take any action to permanently resolve the conflict, was not good or compelling storytelling.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yeah, but I think most people are still looking at it as a He-Man show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Yeah, one of the complainants I had as a kid (To which I had many; both the original He-man and She-ra were exercises in squandered potential.) was how cool the masters of the universe seemed, but they were mostly useless.

The formula of He-Man transforms, then single-handedly effortlessly beats up the baddies, while failing to take any action to permanently resolve the conflict, was not good or compelling storytelling.
    I thought the 2002 cartoon did a good job of showcasing how awesome He-Man is while still showing off the rest of the Masters of the Universe well, even if He-Man was still MVP.

I'm just sitting here bummed that we got that epic shot of Teela taking off her tiara and her hair falling down, then I find out she cuts it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Arrow

My friend gives his thought about the "controversy" surrounding the upcoming series lol -

(Full Title: "Masters Of The Universe Condemned By Professional Malcontents")
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My friend gives his thought about the "controversy" surrounding the upcoming series lol -

(Full Title: "Masters Of The Universe Condemned By Professional Malcontents")
    Dude quite trying to push your friends channel. Either have something to say for yourself or stay out.