Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm just sitting here bummed that we got that epic shot of Teela taking off her tiara and her hair falling down, then I find out she cuts it.
    Quite the REVELATION!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm just sitting here bummed that we got that epic shot of Teela taking off her tiara and her hair falling down, then I find out she cuts it.
    Yeah, that was a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Dude quite trying to push your friends channel. Either have something to say for yourself or stay out.
    When the mods tell me such I will do, not you. The vid is about the topic in question, you don't have to click on it. I'm trying to help a friend who is going through some serious stuff, if that offends you too bad.

moving on

I think the series looks very interesting. I'll be watching.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-03-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Did I miss the alt-right turning on this show as well after hyping it up as the return of cartoons for men? Priceless.

That trailer looks like Teela, Adam (and even Cringer) are working together, not that she's THE main character.

And as for a lack of He-Man, well that's pretty much keeping with the original. He-Man was a plot device there and generally only showed up for the climax to win the day effortlessly. Most of the plots involved Adam trying to find a way to transform without anyone seeing it.

I am also wondering how much time has past considering Adam still looks to be pretty young but Teela seems like she's aged up a few years. How old was he when he became He-Man in this?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    That trailer looks like Teela, Adam (and even Cringer) are working together, not that she's THE main character.

And as for a lack of He-Man, well that's pretty much keeping with the original. He-Man was a plot device there and generally only showed up for the climax to win the day effortlessly. Most of the plots involved Adam trying to find a way to transform without anyone seeing it.

I am also wondering how much time has past considering Adam still looks to be pretty young but Teela seems like she's aged up a few years. How old was he when he became He-Man in this?
    That's my take as well...but then again I'm not an incel so I don't see a female character getting representation and think the worst.

What I don't get is that it makes sense that she'd have a sizable role here, it was teased several times in the original series and the reboot that she was the daughter of the Sorceress...but not much was really done with that despite that feeling like a pretty important plot point. With Magic apparently gone in Eternia then perhaps they need a new type of sorceress? That Teela would finally get some development sounds like a good idea and something that would make He-Man's story all the more interesting rather than be a detriment.

But hey, again, I'm not an incel so what would I know?
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 07-04-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

More controversy has to come to this series. I've seen twitter throw a fit over Revelations making King Greyskull black. The character didn't exist in the 80s cartoon. What's there to be mad at?
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 07-07-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    More controversy has to come to this series. I've twitter throw a fit over Revelations making King Greyskull black. The character didn't exist in the 80s cartoon. What's there to be mad at?
    You know EXACTLY what there is to be mad about for some people smh

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Did I miss the alt-right turning on this show as well after hyping it up as the return of cartoons for men? Priceless.
    I think that was an alt-left pipedream that hasn't happened. Unless AnthonyW is the lone one to fulfill that for them.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Hey, who is that new woman that I haven't seen until now?!
    It's Andra, she's canon from the He-Man comics, but this is her animated series debut. (Yes, they race-swapped her)

https://www.he-man.org/encyclopedia/...&objectid=2436

More controversy has to come to this series. I've seen twitter throw a fit over Revelations making King Greyskull black. The character didn't exist in the 80s cartoon. What's there to be mad at?
    I remember him in the 2002 cartoon having the same voice as He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember him in the 2002 cartoon having the same voice as He-Man.
    Yeah, in the re-boot he was pretty much just He-Man turned to eleven...but there's nothing that says that has to be the case.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I know he appeared in the 2002 He-Man but that shouldn't have any bearing to this series. Being a sequel to the 80s show.

I know he appeared in the 2002 He-Man but that shouldn't have any bearing to this series. Being a sequel to the 80s show.
    It doesn't have any bearing any way you slice it, he's a tangential prequel character so what does it matter what his skin color is?

The only reason one has to be upset is if you happen to be a racist, its as simple as that.

Kind of related, kind of not, but it does seem like Chris Wood is taking a cue from the 2002 cartoon in terms of differentiating Adam and He-Man's voice. Which, short of actually bringing Cam Clarke back, I can appreciate.