Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default ASM by Spencer v15 tpb solicit

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302926083/

The collected edition for ASM 70-74 is on Hachette. It's not much of a description, but I'll put it in spoiler text

spoilers:
    It. All. Comes. Down. To. This!!!!
    end of spoilers
    Sure seems like one of the reasons for King's Random and Chameleon Conspiracy one-shots was to speed us to something big in ASM 74 (875), and probably start a new course in ASM 75
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I wonder if the next arc is going to be Kindred/Mysterio/OMD.

Extraordinary Member

Just saw this and this to me means we will get Kindred Mephisto OMD stuff finally.Also bringing Mordo in this was a great move since he may be able to get Kindred to compy to Kingpin and Kingpin may only ahve to give the one tablet he has to Mordo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302926083/

The collected edition for ASM 70-74 is on Hachette. It's not much of a description, but I'll put it in spoiler text

spoilers:
    It. All. Comes. Down. To. This!!!!
    end of spoilers
    Sure seems like one of the reasons for King's Random and Chameleon Conspiracy one-shots was to speed us to something big in ASM 74 (875), and probably start a new course in ASM 75
    I doubt it. Why? I cannot see Spencer only devoting one more issue to Kindred, after all the he has invested in the story. ASM 74 ( 875) wound seem like an epilogue, even if it was a higher priced issue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I doubt it. Why? I cannot see Spencer only devoting one more issue to Kindred, after all the he has invested in the story. ASM 74 ( 875) wound seem like an epilogue, even if it was a higher priced issue.
    My pet theory is that 74 will be the conclusion to the big "Peter finds out about The Deal" story (which is slowly percolating in the background still) and then 75 will be the start of his new status quo/possible quest (to be concluded to some degree in 99/100?). Finding out he made The Deal will take some time for him to process, then he'll have to figure out what to do after. Getting all of the other subplots off the playing field, as it were, in rapid succession, with one-shots and triple shipping, sure makes it seem like we'll be getting a big shake up soon.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

My pet theory is that 74 will be the conclusion to the big "Peter finds out about The Deal" story (which is slowly percolating in the background still) and then 75 will be the start of his new status quo/possible quest (to be concluded to some degree in 99/100?). Finding out he made The Deal will take some time for him to process, then he'll have to figure out what to do after. Getting all of the other subplots off the playing field, as it were, in rapid succession, with one-shots and triple shipping, sure makes it seem like we'll be getting a big shake up soon.
    I feel like Peter is going to find out about Mysterio and MJ before he finds out about The Deal, but maybe it'll end up interlinked.

I think this means Spencer is being quickly pulled off the book to make way for either Cates or Zdarsky.

Astonishing Member

Again I disagree. In order for that to occur, Spencer will likely have to remain on the book until July of 2022 ( based on two issues a month ( I would imagine he will be tired after the Chameleon story so I cannot see him doing three issues ( or more) going forward)). Some kind of Don Quixote/Impossible Dream sounds great in practice, but very difficult to do In actuality. My prediction will be a dozen more issues, which would allow a new writer to take over in January of 2022. I see him taking a break and dealing with a villain that he has not used yet. It could be Otto ( although I think he will be saved for the end like Life Story), or Sandman or Hobgoblin ( Kingsley), before Mysterio, Kindred and OMD. I could actually see Norman taking a “Deal” in order to save Harry, Peter and MJ and everything reverts back to pre-OMD with Otto and Norman once again being Peter’s main adversaries and the next writer deciding how best to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I think this means Spencer is being quickly pulled off the book to make way for either Cates or Zdarsky.
    I think they're definitely moving towards Spencer's run ending sooner rather than later.

Cates seems like he's taking over Hulk. I don't know if Zdarsky will want to write ASM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they're definitely moving towards Spencer's run ending sooner rather than later.

Cates seems like he's taking over Hulk. I don't know if Zdarsky will want to write ASM.
    Cates has said that if Spencer ended his run around the time Venom ended then he would be the next Spider-Man writer.

And for someone that said “I have nothing more to say about Spider-Man”, Zdarsky sure does write a lot of Spider-Man minis lol

Yeah, I'm with y'all. I think all the signs are pointing to this run coming to an end soon. I woulda thought this stuff would all be coming to a head with #100 but it looks like things are tightening up now when it was more stretched out before.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I do not think he is staying until Amazing 900, nor do I they are forcing him out. Why aren’t they forcing him out? 1: They did a rush job with JMS and we know how that turned out (stuck with Sins Past and ended his run with OMD). 2: They allowed Slott to remain for a decade ( like it or not). 3: Spencer has said he has a beginning, middle and end planned out, and his run has not been the disaster that certain other writers like Wolfman were, so I think they will allow him finish it ( especially because Quesada is no longer there to insist on OMD and Marvel knows teasing without dealing with it will just aggravate long term fans ( like myself)). I predicted a dozen more issues. I will stick with it.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 04-06-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Cates has a recent interview saying the new book he is writing is absolute bonkers, not sure that would describe Spiderman or Hulk? Speculation is he is going to be writing Moon Knight?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Cates has a recent interview saying the new book he is writing is absolute bonkers, not sure that would describe Spiderman or Hulk? Speculation is he is going to be writing Moon Knight?
    There is already a “Bonkers” Peter book and it is called “Non Stop” we also know some of the “bonkers” stuff in Amazing that Slott wrote. I am going to predict Cates is not doing Amazing ( at least for now). Who do I predict? To be honest I have no idea.

What month would 74 come out? Immortal Hulk is ending soon, does it line up? If it does it could be Ewing.