View Poll Results: Do You Like The Organic Webbing Idea?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: I think it’s a fine idea.

21 42.00%
  • No: Never liked the idea.

20 40.00%
  • I’m indifferent Towards The Idea.

9 18.00%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

I think the poll results speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't get how that makes sense
    That poster tends to make comments like that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think the poll results speak for themselves.

That poster tends to make comments like that.
    The poll results are pretty close though

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The poll results are pretty close though
    I know. That was my point actually.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I know. That was my point actually.
    Oh, ok, never mind

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    The issue with this argument is that.... Peter does all those things literally all the time. The Lizard was initially defeated all the way back in Stan Lee’s run by a teenage Peter coming up with a formula to cure him. In Slott’s run, Ock and Sajani developed a serum which Peter then distributed using his nanotechnology to cure Osborn. And of course, Peter has built like over 5 armoured suits of his own by now. Sure, Lizard got his powers back, Peter stopped using the armoured suits, etc. but that stuff happens with every comic super genius, not just Peter. The entire axiom upon which superhero comics are built upon is the illusion of change. Peter (or any other super genius) creating real and permanent solutions for any problem goes directly against that. That’s why none of these solutions can, or ever will be, permanent. It’s just a limitation of the medium.
    Again, these are isolated instances. How many times can we say something similar has happened in a villain encounter during Dan Slott's run? Or Nick Spencer's run? I could count them on just two hands (As opposed to three or four). There is hardly any consistency. I'll give an interesting comparison: even in Scott Snyder's Batman run, we can see Batman using his detective skills to stop a villain or solve a crime in pretty much every issue of his run (Mind you, Scott Snyder's use of Batman's detective skills was absolutely horrid, but at least it actually made a consistent appearance). Could you say Peter uses his chemistry/engineering skills in the same consistency? You can't. Spider-Man has been relegated to a "beat-em up" superhero.

And as I've said to another poster, "writers being writers" isn't relevant to the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Records get broken, jammed, and play the same tune over and over again too.
    If you'd prefer to brandish straw-men and red herrings in this discussion rather than actually debate if Marvel editorial has done anything but reduce Peter's webshooters into redundancy (the actual argument I brought forth), we have nothing further to discuss. If you feel that Marvel editorial can't handle keeping Peter Parker's traits consistent, than all the power to you for being able to overlook their laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Then please elaborate how Peter's scientific genius is redundant while Reed and Tony's are not, even though all three characters have used their genius pretty consistently since the Stan Lee era and none have ever been portrayed as 'couch bum potatoes'.
    That quote is never coming, is it?
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 06-23-2021 at 04:41 PM.

Incredible Member

I like the organic webbing, TO an extent.

I remember being in High School and seeing the first movie and liking it when it viewed it the first time, but after several rewatched, I began to dislike it. It took away from Peters genius. But then again the whole first trilogy didn’t even bother to really dive into just how Smart Peter was or could be. I think that also helps me like Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Man a lil more than over Tobey’s.

I love it with Miguel. It fits. The organic webbing.

When they first introduced Miles, I had hoped that they would have given him organic webbing since the Spider that bit him was different from Peters (in both Ultimate and 616).

When Peter got the organic webbing in the comic, post Other storyline, I wouldn’t have minded if he had kept it then. It was his character and powers evolving. When they put it on the back burner, I merely shrugged and kept it moving.
    Last edited by Blanks; 06-25-2021 at 04:59 AM.