Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

'Better pacing than Excalibur" is not a real accomplishment

Let’s get back on topic please and stop with the nonsense.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Let’s get back on topic please and stop with the nonsense.
    What you see as nonsense is not nonsense if you live it every day. Every day I face prejuidece that becomes background noise to people not affected by it, but is far from nonsense when you have the world repeatedly showing you in so many forms of nonsense that who you are as a person doesn't matter. Thats why it is important to see representation. It is why its important that companies like Burger King (using them as an example because they have a pride special going on that part of chicken sales go to a lgbtqa+ organization.) and Marvel and DC with there PRIDE issues recognize and celebrate it. It is important why we watch the way we say things and our language to other people in general. Is because what some see as nonsense we hear repeatedly in little ways that are nonsense to some that we dont matter. And since I created this thread I will remind you that the topic at hand was this.... Was Benny asexual or was that me hoping for more representation. So really lgbtqa+ representation IS the topic at hand. In case you didn't know the A is not for allies its for asexual/agender. So I dont see things as that far off topic.

All-New Member

Burger King? Is this a troll?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by O'Hara View Post
    Burger King? Is this a troll?
    No I was using them as an example of a company that has taken a stance and made an effort towards representation and recognition. Musch like Marvel and DC have with the PRIDE issues. Much like lego did with its pride set just released. Some companies actually are understanding the struggle and trying to make sure they appreciate uniqueness.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/07/busin...gbt/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    What you see as nonsense is not nonsense if you live it every day. Every day I face prejuidece that becomes background noise to people not affected by it, but is far from nonsense when you have the world repeatedly showing you in so many forms of nonsense that who you are as a person doesn't matter. Thats why it is important to see representation. It is why its important that companies like Burger King (using them as an example because they have a pride special going on that part of chicken sales go to a lgbtqa+ organization.) and Marvel and DC with there PRIDE issues recognize and celebrate it. It is important why we watch the way we say things and our language to other people in general. Is because what some see as nonsense we hear repeatedly in little ways that are nonsense to some that we dont matter. And since I created this thread I will remind you that the topic at hand was this.... Was Benny asexual or was that me hoping for more representation. So really lgbtqa+ representation IS the topic at hand. In case you didn't know the A is not for allies its for asexual/agender. So I dont see things as that far off topic.
    My statement wasn’t directed at you specifically, rather everyone that is OT in here. You need to relax, I’m not taking anything away from you or judging your life experience just doing my job as a mod to try and keep the peace.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    It’s not a shield against any and all criticism. Personally I think this book is kinda slow and confusingly nonlinear. The problem is when people continually blame LGBT representation for the book being bad, or reference it when talking about the book being bad like those are connected.
    I could tell the art was bad from the promos. The silly code names and the "wannabe" feel didn't help. There are other books with LGBT representation that are far better than this one, which should have been dropped before X-Factor
    My flag is bacon.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No I was using them as an example of a company that has taken a stance and made an effort towards representation and recognition. Musch like Marvel and DC have with the PRIDE issues. Much like lego did with its pride set just released. Some companies actually are understanding the struggle and trying to make sure they appreciate uniqueness.

Corporations only support LGBT issues to make money from the community. Don't put them up on a pedestal.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Corporations only support LGBT issues to make money from the community. Don't put them up on a pedestal.
    1-At least they are not donating to anti lgbtqia+ organizations like some places. 2-I would rather see them doing it for the money then not at all because representation is important. 3-I am a drag queen who has been on the front lines of fighting for equal rights for 18 years. I know corporations are doing it for money BUT AT LEAST THEY ARE DOING IT. 18 years ago the representation was not there and it is good to see it now. Do you think a teenager that sees that a place is supporting PRIDE, even if it is only for the money, going to see that they are doing it for the money. No all they will see and understand is that people like them exists, they are not alone, and its ok to be who they are. Sometimes things can be about the money AND further the cause. So I wish more companies were about the money.

We need a like button
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

ok I'm confused now. in this link i read that benny was in love with gabe. They must have dropped it. I thought that was interesting

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-children-of-the-atom-roster/
    Last edited by Calintz; 06-14-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    ok I'm confused now. in this link i read that benny was in love with gabe. They must have dropped it. I thought that was interesting

The article was incorrect. They somehow took Buddy's internal monologue about having feelings for Gabe and wrote that applying it to Benny.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post

That was written when #1 came out. Gabe doesn't even hang out with Carmen that much. Not sure what happened there.
    "Cable was right!"

So is this book now an limited series ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)