Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Is the long=haired beard-man a real-life celebrity or someone they made up? It'd be pretty surprising if a real person gave his permission to be used in a negative manner like this.

Kind of surprised Illyana's so insulted by the idea of someone making a statue of her. I'd think the 'Beyoncé' of Limbo would welcome that sort of ego boost.

I'd love it if it was the Thing she was referring to when she said 'flawless' and that's why Ben Grimm is smiling so much. Karma's outfit is bad, though I'm not sure if the sculptor is reacting to that, the Thing, or Warkock peaking his head out.
    Illyana picked up on that the guy was into groping/molesting female models as James did, that's why he warned her to cool it....read it again with this in mind.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-11-2021 at 12:18 AM.

Spectacular Member

Why does Karma still have that prosthetic/metal leg ? Didn’t she just get brought back to life in a new body ?

She got brought back in the body she wanted, and she presumably wanted to remain herself as she was last, and not to be edited by other mutants. That’s my reading, not that it matters what my interpretation is, I’m not the voice of Karma.

Outside of the story, I’m glad people with disabilities get to continue to see themselves represented in the xmen. It has always been for minority groups and I’m happy that continues.
    Last edited by Adam; 06-11-2021 at 01:18 AM.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    She got brought back in the body she wanted, and she presumably wanted to remain herself as she was last, and not to be edited by other mutants. That’s my reading, not that it matters what my interpretation is, I’m not the voice of Karma.
    Isn't it a rule that all Krakoan tech is organic rather then metallic ?

Also, Karma having a prosthetic leg that functions perfectly like a normal limb and doesn't really handicap her in any way - to the point where she's rather keep it then repair her organic one - kinda dispels that whole "representation" angle.
    Real disabled people are actually negatively effected by their disability - Karma choosing to keep her's indicates that she is not.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    What kind of nonsense is that ?
    It makes no narrative sense what so ever for her to be missing her leg, and the only reasonable argument is that it was deliberately removed after her resurrection - Which makes the people involved in the process look like psychotic lunatics.
    This is bad storytelling, and no amount of "representation" argument is enough to undo it.
    I mean... we ARE talking about Xavier, Magneto and Mr Sinister here LOL

Isn't it a rule that all Krakoan tech is organic rather then metallic ?

Also, Karma having a prosthetic leg that functions perfectly like a normal limb and doesn't really handicap her in any way - to the point where she's rather keep it then repair her organic one - kinda dispels that whole "representation" angle.
    Real disabled people are actually negatively effected by their disability - Karma choosing to keep her's indicates that she is not.
    I think your comment tells me how this conversation will go, and I think we should skip it. But, if I were you, I would refrain from telling people what constitutes a real disability and what does not, unless you know the legislation. That’s just my personal advice that you can take or leave. My only hope is that you’re speaking from an empathetic place with a foot in the world of the disabled community, and not just commenting an uninformed opinion for the purposes of having comic books how you want them to be.

So, English is not my native language, so I have a doubt. Would a person looking to sculpt another say he has an eye "for beautiful things"? and not "for beauty"?. Seem intentionally obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    "All these humans around" the ****? What is that supposed to mean? Also, have NONE of you actually talked to Gabby about why she's not doing so great lately? This entire arc has made it abundantly clear that the Shadow King is up to no good. Has nobody told anyone?

That outfit looks more hideous the more I see it.
    To be fair, Gaby and her sisters were created as a weapon by humans. She is not thinking, someone is groping my little sister, but someone might want to have their little weapon back.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I think your comment tells me how this conversation will go, and I think we should skip it. But, if I were you, I would refrain from telling people what constitutes a real disability and what does not, unless you know the legislation. That’s just my personal advice that you can take or leave. My only hope is that you’re speaking from an empathetic place with a foot in the world of the disabled community, and not just commenting an uninformed opinion for the purposes of having comic books how you want them to be.
    I speak from a place of a complete lack of both empathy and information - I just want my comic book characters to not act like such complete and utter dunces, so as to willingly and needlessly cripple a perfectly healthy woman for the sake of representation.
    It makes all involved look insane.

I speak from a place of a complete lack of both empathy and information - I just want my comic book characters to not act like such complete and utter dunces, so as to willingly and needlessly cripple a perfectly healthy woman for the sake of representation.
    It makes all involved look insane.
    Maybe they were making another kind of point, about death, the crucible and what it is used for.

Is the long=haired beard-man a real-life celebrity or someone they made up? It'd be pretty surprising if a real person gave his permission to be used in a negative manner like this.
    Maybe the Super Seducer guy?
    MV5BYTUzZTE3YjQtMzQ2Yy00NDI0LWFhM2UtNWYxODM2MzFlZDQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEwNjU2ODM0._V1_.jpg
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Maybe they were making another kind of point, about death, the crucible and what it is used for.
    If they did, I fail to see it.

And regardless, my point still stands - anyone who would willingly cripple a perfectly healthy woman to make some kind of weird point just comes off as unsympathetic.

I thought that man Yana was talking to was Jonathan Van Ness (Who I believe was confirmed as a Gala attendee), and I was so confused as to why he was talking so slimy.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

If they did, I fail to see it.

And regardless, my point still stands - anyone who would willingly cripple a perfectly healthy woman to make some kind of weird point just comes off as unsympathetic.
    Well, they are forcing depowered mutants to face a fight to the death to recover their powers, so I would say the "sympathetic" boat sailed a long time ago, the day Aero died. And then, Karma was not a perfectly healthy woman. Her mind remembered she had one leg, and she was reborn throught an extremely difficult psychic surgery. I am saying, there are reasons that could explain the leg. Cultural weird Krakoan reasons, like not accepting cosmetic changes in Crucible resurrections, or even seeing her leg as a badge of honor (She lost it fighting for the leader of The Five). Or it could have to do with this resurrection and the Tran thing.

BANNED

I Will accept Shan now having a techno-ORGANIC left leg if her twin brother Tran also gets a T-O Right leg , to complement hers , as the Yin-Yang symbol is supposed to represent both of them

Astonishing Member

I'd love it if it was the Thing she was referring to when she said 'flawless' and that's why Ben Grimm is smiling so much. Karma's outfit is bad, though I'm not sure if the sculptor is reacting to that, the Thing, or Warkock peaking his head out.
    They should start to consider that it might not be a good idea to have only a single person around who is designing their fashion. Especialy since he has neither a consistent style or established element to his creations. His greatest claim to fame before Krakoa was dying from an overdose and being used by Quentin Quire to throw a temper tantrum with some other students at Xavier's school. It often feels like if he wasn't a mutant he would have been considered just another mediocre artist meeting an all too common end, but since he is a mutant he gets brought back quickly thanks to nepotistic interests by Emma Frost and is suddently considered some kind of fashion genious.

I know that Karma's outfit was seemingly based on something from a real fashion show. But those things are meant for the catwalk, moving artwork to be sneered at by overpaid critics, not something for actual people to wear at anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And "All these humans around?"

That's it. I'm convinced everyone on Krakoa is being mind-controlled.
    Well it's certainly concerning that it's believable that either everyone got low leveled mind manipulated into thinking and talking like that (though the X-men have used the whole "human" rethoric for a long time now) or the writer really think that's a good way to have their super heros talk like that.