Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Default Comcast preparing a counter offer for Fox assets..

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

from CBR front page
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-23-2018 at 07:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

from CBR front page
    Don't worry about it.

Fox and Disney have their deal, one that has enormous value for both. Neither party wants to deep six it.

Why Comcast wants to try and throw a wrench into that, I don't know. Just big business and big egos at work.

But there's no way Fox decides to kick Disney aside for this. The long term value of having their properties in Disney's hands is too great.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I hope you're right. I mean, does Comcast even have the resources to handle a film with perhaps a 250 million dollar budget?

Fox deemed Disney's stock more worthwhile than Comcast's previous cash offer and a deal with Comcast would be more likely to have trouble in the courts.

Disney can also sweeten the Fox deal with more money or agree to give Comcast something to get them off their back. There are several options at their disposal.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-23-2018 at 07:25 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I have no doubt Disney and Fox deal will happen all involve want it because the cash buyout by Comcast is only profitable in the short term unlike Disney Stock.

Also there are other factors involved with this one Comcast isn't doing any thing until they see what happens with AT&T and Time Warner which that deal and a Comcast merger with Fox is more likely to get government denial than Disney because those deals involve Telecommunications companies.

Also there is a Pi$$ing contest right now between Comcast and Rupert Murdoch with this deal and the Sky News buyout offers.

And of course Perlmutter is one of Trump’s strongest supporters.

Of course, I’m sure the President wouldn’t seek to let that influence his judgement in any decision regarding competition clearance.

WTF I love Comcast now (whatever it is)

If they can at least delay the Dysney/Fox deal, that would be good news. And if by some miracle they cancel it, I open the Champagne.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    And of course Perlmutter is one of Trump’s strongest supporters.

Of course, I’m sure the President wouldn’t seek to let that influence his judgement in any decision regarding competition clearance.
    I can't tell if you're joking or not.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Comcast always does business like this. Look back historically. They always see what deals are going down and if they deem fit they counter or just throw a wrench in to make someone pay more. Not the nicest way to do business, but I can’t deny they’ve been a highly successful company.

Let’s not forget Comcast tried to buy Time Warner, meaning they would have owned WB and DC, but the FCC nixed the deal. Than they bought Dreamworks and made me sell my shares 😡
    Last edited by Jabare; 05-23-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    The J-man

Here is the other thread about this.

http://community.comicbookresources....id-then-disney

Comcast wants fox for the ip's for universal pictures and the universal studio park. Plus as people have said if they keep fox going as fox studios as it is, they don't void the marvel rights and keep the marvel rights to X-Men, Deadpool and fantastic four. (plus they have park rights in Orlando as is!) Disney won't get them back! If they close fox and put all it's ips under universal the rights go back to Disney after some nasty red tape but would comcast close fox and lose the marvel stuff or keep it going and keep the marvel rights?

I'd rather no merger happen. What we give up when big companies get absorbed by other big companies isn't worth a couple of superhero movies.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I'd rather no merger happen. What we give up when big companies get absorbed by other big companies isn't worth a couple of superhero movies.
    At this point it seems like FOX will be merged by someone. If it's not Disney it will be someone else.

whatever. I'm not making money off this regardless. Wish I owned stock in all three groups.

I dont really care either way
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

At this point, Fox has to pay a penalty if they back out of this deal. Combined with previous reports that Rupert Murdoch felt that the Fox/Disney merger has better value for shareholders and better chance of regulatory approval, Comcast's bid still seems a longshot. If the bid is big enough to get past the penalty clause and the AT&T/Time Warner merger goes through without any problems, it might change things, but I still expect Fox to sell to Disney.

Now, personally, the IPs don't really bother me so much. The Sherman Act isn't concerned about who dominates comic book movies and things like Alien and Predator, while previously viable franchises, aren't going to prevent competition. But there are a lot of properties here - particularly with Sky, some of the sports channels, etc. where it does feel Disney's control is getting quite large. Even Hulu is a bit concerning.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?