Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So we have our first solicitation for Planet Hulk, Totally Awesome Hulk Style:

http://comicbook.com/2017/07/05/retu...marvel-legacy/
    INCREDIBLE HULK #708
    Written by GREG PAK
    Penciled by GREG LAND
    Cover by GREG LAND

RETURN TO PLANET HULK!

Continuing directly out of the pages of MARVEL LEGACY #1 and the transformative events of GENERATIONS!

When Amadeus Cho picks up a distress signal from a distant planet he’s shocked to find out it’s from SAKAAR. As the Totally Awesome Hulk, he’s been trying to avert the curse of anger that haunted Bruce Banner. But SAKAAR is a place for warriors and gladiators…a place where the Hulk fought brutally in the Imperial Arena…who is calling Cho for help?

The main thing I'm wondering is if Skaar is going to play a role in this as well, I think it would be interesting to have Skaar and Cho align to work together on this book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Same here, Cho isn't as optimistic as say Ironheart but even he's much more optimistic than the grey black widow. To be honest I don't see how they can wrap this up in one issue but we will see.
    .....In the meantime; the readers should've enjoyed CHAMPIONS #10, which was a SE Tie-in......and this Issue has some interesting moments for Cho.

Astonishing Member

Exclusive Preview Pages of GENERATIONS: BANNER HULK/TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1 can be seen here.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Exclusive Preview Pages of GENERATIONS: BANNER HULK/TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1 can be seen here.
    Ah, the army and General Ross hunting The Hulk while he smashes them to bits. Good times .

I wonder what kind of Hulk we're getting here. He seems like classic Savage Hulk but "What the @#$%" seems more...verbose. Could be Pak is going for a mix between his Hulk and Savage Hulk.

Curious to see how the two Hulks will interact.

Astonishing Member

More from Writer GREG PAK of GENERATIONS: BANNER HULK/TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1 discussing about the RETURN TO PLANET HULK Storyline beginning in THE INCREDIBLE HULK #709, which can be read here.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 07-31-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

.....In the meantime; the readers should've enjoyed CHAMPIONS #10, which was a SE Tie-in......and this Issue has some interesting moments for Cho.
    ......I know that there's been plenty of comments (both good and bad) on GENERATIONS: BANNER HULK/TAH #1 and I hope that most of the readers also enjoyed certain moments for Cho within CHAMPIONS #11.

I have been a bit behind in Totally Awesome Hulk, how is the return to Planet Hulk being so far?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I have been a bit behind in Totally Awesome Hulk, how is the return to Planet Hulk being so far?
    I'm probably not the one to ask, but while it reads solidly it also feels too much like a rehash for blatant movie synergy so far .

Yeah, especially since we're about to see him fight Odinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, especially since we're about to see him fight Odinson.
    Sounds hilarious Cho Hulk is one of the few marvel titles I’ve been enjoying, so I guess it’s time to catch up

Astonishing Member

In case it hasn't been mentioned before......in addition to This Week's CHAMPIONS #14 {continuing the AVENGERS/CHAMPIONS Team-Up adventure}; Cho/Hulk is mentioned by Moon Girl within SECRET WARRIORS #8.

Astonishing Member

First, there was SECRET WARS II.....then there was ENEMY OF THE STATE II.....and then there was CIVIL WAR II........And now, Marvel will have another 'sequel' with the upcoming WORLD WAR HULK II, when Chulk returns from what he had experienced following RETURN TO PLANET SKAAR; via this News Article from Marvel.Com.

In the meantime; here's the Preview Pages from AVENGERS #674.

Final fate... uh oh. Depowering imminent? That'd be the second Champion that's happened to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Final fate... uh oh. Depowering imminent? That'd be the second Champion that's happened to.
    That cbr article was bad, like really bad, and is starting to confirm that either some people or cbr in general has an issue with the legacy characters. No where in the synopsis did it state anything about "final fate." I double check, also no where did it state that the Hulk was planning on dying, like the web address stated. What it stated, was that he would meet his "ultimate destiny." which means to me, he will find out how he himself will handle being a Hulk now that he has went further to the anger side and understands what Bruce went through.

This is exactly why we need a website that is minority-legacy friendly, because most of these comic book websites are heavily biased towards the classic readers.

I think the last thing Amadeus needed was to rehash "Greg Pak Hulk's Greatest Hits" but I guess that comes with the territory of being a legacy hero written by a writer who's already done a Hulk run (that and sales that could stand to improve).

Maybe they should've done something more out-of-the-box like give Amadeus his own Maestro, or Joe Fixit, or something that isn't so recent.