Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

In the Spider-Girl and RYV series, we saw that he was a decent dad overall. Since those series are alt-times that branch off the main 616 one (meaning that they have the same Peter Parker as was in ASM from the beginning), that essentially proves that 616 Peter would be able to do it. Whether he's written as such might very well depend on the writer, though (as, frankly, do all comic book characters).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In the Spider-Girl and RYV series, we saw that he was a decent dad overall. Since those series are alt-times that branch off the main 616 one (meaning that they have the same Peter Parker as was in ASM from the beginning), that essentially proves that 616 Peter would be able to do it. Whether he's written as such might very well depend on the writer, though (as, frankly, do all comic book characters).
    Great point.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Most likely scenario:

Peter tries his best to be a good father but he has a strained relationship with his kid because he’s “away” a lot. It wouldn’t be until down the line / whenever the kid realizes pops is Spider-man that things between them start to fall in place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Most likely scenario:

Peter tries his best to be a good father but he has a strained relationship with his kid because he’s “away” a lot. It wouldn’t be until down the line / whenever the kid realizes pops is Spider-man that things between them start to fall in place.
    So the Comic by Abrams's spawn is your take on it?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Can’t say one way or the other since I never read it.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Xerox of a Xerox of a Xerox?

Astonishing Member

Books like MC2 and "Renew Your Vows" prove Peter's would be a good father. Problem is, in the main 616, he would be continuously paranoid because he would be afraid of losing his childagainst one of the villains who always return to torture him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Books like MC2 and "Renew Your Vows" prove Peter's would be a good father. Problem is, in the main 616, he would be continuously paranoid because he would be afraid of losing his childagainst one of the villains who always return to torture him.
    Very true honestly I can see him going psycho and finally killing someone for laying a hand on his kid and that alone would probably be controversial. Still though it'd be sweet to see him kill a villain and prop the body up as a warning to all thinking about going after his kid. Though Green Goblin might consider a warning like that a invitation as would Carnage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Very true honestly I can see him going psycho and finally killing someone for laying a hand on his kid and that alone would probably be controversial. Still though it'd be sweet to see him kill a villain and prop the body up as a warning to all thinking about going after his kid. Though Green Goblin might consider a warning like that a invitation as would Carnage.
    Don't you remember "Renew Your Vows"? Venom attacked Mary Jane and baby Annie at home, and when Venom said he would never stop until he ate her brains, Peter dropped a flamming building over him, killing Eddie Brock. I know that came back to bite him when the symbiote possessed Mary Jane, but I think it would let very clear to the villains that if they cross that line, it would be their last mistake. When RYV's Doc Ock treatened Peter with the same thing, Spidey literally tore his arms aparts.

Look, as a Spider-Fan, I would never approve Spidey killing someone; but in a situation where he's defending his baby from a psycho? Tell me, do you know a decent father who wouldn't do tha same thing? I'm not saying Spidey would kill all the villains if his child is almost lost, but if any bad guy cross that line, I will always say Spidey was just in his "self-defense right". So, if Norman Osborn goes after Peter again, that's OK. But Norman goes after Peter's child? I say he deserves whatever Hell Spider-Man unleashes over him.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Don't you remember "Renew Your Vows"? Venom attacked Mary Jane and baby Annie at home, and when Venom said he would never stop until he ate her brains, Peter dropped a flamming building over him, killing Eddie Brock. I know that came back to bite him when the symbiote possessed Mary Jane, but I think it would let very clear to the villains that if they cross that line, it would be their last mistake. When RYV's Doc Ock treatened Peter with the same thing, Spidey literally tore his arms aparts.

Look, as a Spider-Fan, I would never approve Spidey killing someone; but in a situation where he's defending his baby from a psycho? Tell me, do you know a decent father who wouldn't do tha same thing? I'm not saying Spidey would kill all the villains if his child is almost lost, but if any bad guy cross that line, I will always say Spidey was just in his "self-defense right". So, if Norman Osborn goes after Peter again, that's OK. But Norman goes after Peter's child? I say he deserves whatever Hell Spider-Man unleashes over him.
    And further on in the RYV series, when Annie/Spiderling was kidnapped by some villains working for Normie Osborn, Peter and a still-Venom-bonded Spinneret/MJ went on the warpath, with Peter beating the living hell out of the Rhino for his part in that and MJ threatening Liz Allan, Normie's mother, that she would let the symbiote eat her if it turned out she had any part in Annie's abduction.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Yes. Peter would make a great dad...if Marvel let's him actually mature.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yes. Peter would make a great dad...if Marvel let's him actually mature.
    He IS mature. Don't let the lame puns fool you. It's just his way to stay sane in such a crazy life like his.

Extraordinary Member

He IS mature. Don't let the lame puns fool you. It's just his way to stay sane in such a crazy life like his.
    I don't mean him as a person...but him in his life. For every step forward he makes he gets kicked 3 steps back. 'Inherits' Parker Industries form Otto....has to wipe it out to save people. Gets the job as Science Editor at the Bugle...Plagiarism and gets fired. I would not be surprised if he gets expelled over the shady stuff Jamie is doing with the Clairvoyant because as his lab partner Peter had to know what was going on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I don't mean him as a person...but him in his life. For every step forward he makes he gets kicked 3 steps back. 'Inherits' Parker Industries form Otto....has to wipe it out to save people. Gets the job as Science Editor at the Bugle...Plagiarism and gets fired. I would not be surprised if he gets expelled over the shady stuff Jamie is doing with the Clairvoyant because as his lab partner Peter had to know what was going on.
    That's not about Peter's mature, it's about not letting him to move forward in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    As he has been written the last decade or so? No. Too immature. Now if it was the Peter from the 90s or the one under JMS? Yes.
    He was pretty good in RYV.

Honestly though, I still say he'd be a good dad. He's one of the most responsible people around, to a fault sometimes. And giving him a kid would prove that Marvel is finally ready to let him grow up.