Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

spider-man having a kid and becoming a cop in the main series is the punishment the fans deserve
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    spider-man having a kid and becoming a cop in the main series is the punishment the fans deserve
    Why would they deserve that?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Yeah, of course. If Peter were truly allowed to grow, I could def see him settling down with MJ, retiring as Spider-Man and focusing on changing the world through science (kinda similar to Life Story in a way). Obviously, that would mean no more Spider-Man comics, though, so we’re never going to see that happen.
    I don't think he needs to...or even should...retire as Spidey. He just needs balance for his family/work/Spidey-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Oh I totally get that from an editorial perspective. I'm just saying that it's still well within his character to prioritize his child, especially if there's someone out there picking up the slack. Miles, Cindy, Gwen, etc.

Though honestly, a well written Spider-Man could still be a dad AND a hero. But that's just me.
    MC2 definitely eventually went in the direction of Spider-dad. Which was well... something he was hoping to avoid. MC2 Peter was hoping NOT to have Spider Babies... then he ended up with 3... sort of: May, Ben Jr., April(half-Symbiote clone of May). But yeah, especially after April showed up, Spider-dad was inevitable.