Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why the hate for Avengers Assemble cartoon?

I get that people miss Earth Mightiest Heroes and a lot of things were unresolved, but I watched the show and think it's ok. The only negative I got on it is that Wasp was gone.

Keep in mind it can always be worst:

DC fans lost Green Lantern TAS and Young Justice for Teen Titans Go. (And another Batman show that didn't make it halfway its 1st season).

Do I need to say more?

Well, I'm sure to some the current Marvel cartoons (including Assemble) are equivalent to TTG! .

I think the show gets a lot of hate because it's first season was very lackluster and generic, especially compared to the quality of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and was part of the trend for synergized Marvel cartoons of dubious quality taking over from their better predecessors who weren't allowed to flourish as the current shows have on XD.

I would say the quality has improved over time, especially for season 3, but it's still far from the level of EMH.

Because the shows are very poorly written. And we know they can do better.

Yeah the Series is hated for not being Earts Mightiest Heroes. The episodic approach doesn't help making it more interesting.
    It's definitly designed so people can just drop randomly in and out inbetween episodes in my opinion.

But yeah it's not that bad. I watch it when I want a silly distraction but I can't watch more than 3 episodes at once.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

I didn't care for either show. They both felt like shameless cashgrabs riding the MCU as hard as they could. DC animated shows make Marvel shows look like toxic dump.

First season of Assemble is absolute dreck. Second season improves a bit in the Squadron episodes and third season is decent unless it's a "character of the week" episode. Character design is still an eyesore tho.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think the writing for the show is awful and tries too hard to emulate the feel of the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    First season of Assemble is absolute dreck. Second season improves a bit in the Squadron episodes and third season is decent unless it's a "character of the week" episode. Character design is still an eyesore tho.
    The animation in general is an eyesore.

Marvel Animation really needs a better budget...

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

It is a show for kids and adult comic book readers demand a higher class of cartoon.

I worked at an elementary school and kids loved all the Marvel shows, so the target demo was very satisfied.

I just wish Marvel had more "adult" cartoons in addition to their kid stuff, like what DC does.Like they have Teen Titans Go, an irreverent comedy full of fart jokes and singing, but they also have dark movies and shows like Justice League Dark and Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    It is a show for kids and adult comic book readers demand a higher class of cartoon.

I worked at an elementary school and kids loved all the Marvel shows, so the target demo was very satisfied.

I just wish Marvel had more "adult" cartoons in addition to their kid stuff, like what DC does.Like they have Teen Titans Go, an irreverent comedy full of fart jokes and singing, but they also have dark movies and shows like Justice League Dark and Young Justice.
    I really wish Marvel Animation had the same variety that DC Animation does.

The writing and animation is poor, which is magnified when compared to it's predecessors and competition. You can appeal to both adults and kids without having to dumb things down, too many underestimate kids.

Also, Young Justice did not end because of Teen Titans Go!, but EMH ended because they wanted Assemble. Also, Young Justice is coming back! So all is forgiven with DC animation for me.

I also feel like Marvel is severely limiting themselves by leaving out the X-Men and Fantastic Four.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really wish Marvel Animation had the same variety that DC Animation does.
    They did at one time when they had Madhouse producing Anime on their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They did at one time when they had Madhouse producing Anime on their characters.
    I loved what they tried with anime, but they didn't use to it's fullest imo. I think it would of been much better if they translated their classic stories (updated with some new things of course). That seems to be anime's strength.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

When you replace something that is good with something of lesser quality people are going to call you out for it. Jeph Loeb has this idea in his head that cartoons can not be smart and have to appeal to the lowest common denominator. As good or bad as Assemble is you have to admit it is written for a very young kids and can be pretty bad at times.

BANNED

The animation of Avengers Assemble is really great, the writing not so much.