Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Who do you headcanon as LGBT+?

It's pride month, and this thread is only for a little bit of fun. So please no toxicity.

It's simple, which characters ( who aren't confirmed to be in canon) do you think of as LGBT+?

It can be for any reason from past interactions and writing, to just because they have a "vibe".
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Angel for sure.

Hercules, because he actually is in Greek mythology and no one ever touches on that.

Kitty Pryde, Dannie Moonstar, Magik, Sunspot…maybe just all the G1 New Mutants…

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Less head canon and more authorial intent, I would go with Kitty Pryde, Ilyana Rasputin, and Rachel Summers.

More head canon but I would agree with Hercules.

Also, I know excessively performative heterosexuality seems to go all the way to the other side into homoeroticism, but I still feel Johnny Storm is bi.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Amora the enchantress, seriously symbol of love of any kind and just make her only interested on men, it has little sense.

Gambit and Johnny Storm are bi in my mind. Same with Kitty Pryde, Rachel Summers and Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Angel for sure.

Hercules, because he actually is in Greek mythology and no one ever touches on that.

Kitty Pryde, Dannie Moonstar, Magik, Sunspot…maybe just all the G1 New Mutants…
    Hercules is confirmed, per the current Guardians of the Galaxy run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Less head canon and more authorial intent, I would go with Kitty Pryde, Ilyana Rasputin, and Rachel Summers.

More head canon but I would agree with Hercules.

Also, I know excessively performative heterosexuality seems to go all the way to the other side into homoeroticism, but I still feel Johnny Storm is bi.
    I think men or women are more potentially bi without coming to the expression of it. For example the lead singer of Green Day has asserted he is bi-sexual, ages ago, but says he has never had sex with a man and is loyally married.

I think that possibility has existed for many men or women, that they just choose to not be active sexually that way, but in their heart or mind feel the attraction, are curious, etc.

Having said that, I could see Johnny that way, I guess I would need to see more specifics. On a scale of bisexuality, to me, Johnny would appear to be 2 or3 with 10 being the highest.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Hercules is confirmed, per the current Guardians of the Galaxy run.
    ‘Bout time.

I don’t read much Guardians so this flew over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think men or women are more potentially bi without coming to the expression of it. For example the lead singer of Green Day has asserted he is bi-sexual, ages ago, but says he has never had sex with a man and is loyally married.

I think that possibility has existed for many men or women, that they just choose to not be active sexually that way, but in their heart or mind feel the attraction, are curious, etc.

Having said that, I could see Johnny that way, I guess I would need to see more specifics. On a scale of bisexuality, to me, Johnny would appear to be 2 or3 with 10 being the highest.
    Johnny's situation is just weird to me and it would make more sense if he was bi with some of the stuff that happens to him from time to time.

Like this:

I've never seen a character called out like this in a comic...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Galaxies Wanderer

I like to think that races/people born outside Earth are pan/bi because they don't know or have a concept of gender/sexual orientation...

Characters, other comments have already quoted such as Hercules and Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Its true.
    The number of men who just don't admit their own bisexuality to their female spouse is..... A LOT.
    Many gay and bisexual men are very aware that many straight-presenting married men exist who are secretly interested in men. Whether they've followed through in pursuing a physical expression of that interest is another thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    ‘Bout time.

I don’t read much Guardians so this flew over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Johnny's situation is just weird to me and it would make more sense if he was bi with some of the stuff that happens to him from time to time.

Like this:

I've never seen a character called out like this in a comic...
    Damn, a little on the nose. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

All of the women.

None of the men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    All of the women.

None of the men.
    Wow. Lol.

And this is based on..?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wow. Lol.