Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

New Mutants beating Hellions is a surprise.

Where are Excalibur & X-Force rankings?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    New Mutants beating Hellions is a surprise.

Where are Excalibur & X-Force rankings?
    Was May the skip month? One month recently, some books took a break.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It doesn't really surprise me that Hickman's X-men is selling less than Spencer's Spider-Man.
    I like the book (even if sometimes I prefer the ideas to the execution and character work), but big name writer aside, it's one of the least "commercial" flagship X-runs ever. It doesn't feature a splashy team of popular characters going on epic adventures like one would expect from a flagship.
    The run has been mostly done-in-ones used to set-up stories that will pay off months down the line. Just look at the cover for his X-men #1. Instead of a team of popular X-men, we got the Summers family. Instead of popular villains, we got Hordeculture.
    Meanwhile, Spencer's ASM is almost too commercial. He's using all the popular toys he's allowed and he's had god knows how many event storyarcs within the main book.
    I expect Duggan's X-men to sell better than Hickman's. It might not be better written, but I think it will probably be more aligned with regular readers' expectations for a flagship X-men book.
    Respecttfully disagree with popular characters. Hicks run featured arguably the most popular characters from Jean to Storm or Charles and villains like Apocalypse and Mags or Mystique in each issue. Hickman has become one of the growing stars and he is even compared to Morrison or Johns due to his recent books. Duggan will definitely turn down the sales after this bc he isn't a big name.