Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    They better revamp the line after Inferno.
    It is what I hope for.

  2. #17
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    They better revamp the line after Inferno.
    some books definitely need revamps like excalibur but others are fine as is and i hope don't get messed with like way of x.

  3. #18
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Seems like Cota is already dead, I don't se it getting 12 issues. X-corp did a really bad debut, probably just a mini like BISHOP66 said.
    Hellions is on dangerous positions

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,143

    Default

    Ugh but Hellions is the most refreshing book of this era.

    If they do end it they better have Zeb Wells take over another book.

    Like who expected to give a shit about any of these characters compared to another title that has half of X-Men Blue.

  5. #20
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Hellions deserves better.

    HiX-Men had a stable good sales. Interesting if it will sell as good without Hickman.

    Bye Cota.
    Hickman x-men has actually pretty mediocre sales for a flagship

  6. #21
    Extraordinary Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Hickman x-men has actually pretty mediocre sales for a flagship
    While I don't think these comichron numbers are worth anything and I am not all that impressed with Hickman's run so far, these show X-Men as on par with Amazing Spider-Man as the top book at Marvel, so unless you have some actual source for numbers I don't think such a claim has any basis.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Marauders should have given them enough confidence about launching these unfamous brands lol.
    Yeah Marauders is very much the exception however it had the advantage of having been launched right off the bar and positioned as very much a core title. Hellions basically presented itself as a secondary book you could easily ignore. So I guess it's a combination of brand and importance: Fallen Angels also launched earlier but wasn't exactly a sales success.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    While I don't think these comichron numbers are worth anything and I am not all that impressed with Hickman's run so far, these show X-Men as on par with Amazing Spider-Man as the top book at Marvel, so unless you have some actual source for numbers I don't think such a claim has any basis.
    Despite 20th issue being one of the best issues from this run IMO but it has been pretty mediocre compared to Batman which was below subpar with writer Tynion bc Batman isn't even the main focus of the book IMO. Duggan will bang up the sales with relaunch flagship title. I guess that was their intention but I am pretty sure it isn't gonna sale good after.
    Last edited by Vishop; 06-11-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  9. #24
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    203

    Default

    These are not bad numbers, the lower selling titles are positioned more or less where titles like Flash and Wonder Woman are, so they are selling at least decently; furthermore all the titles are in the top 80 so I do not think they are risking cancellation either. COTA doesn’t look like it will last a lot more, but X-Corp and WoX should be able to last a year or more I think.

  10. #25
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Despite 20th issue being one of the best issues from this run IMO but it has been pretty mediocre compared to Batman which was below subpar with writer Tynion bc Batman isn't even the main focus of the book IMO. Duggan will bang up the sales with relaunch flagship title. I guess that was their intention but I am pretty sure it isn't gonna sale good after.
    Tynion really recovered the sales from the failure of King's run.
    But you are being nice Spencer spider man have been getting lots of critics and people calling it a flop but it keeps selling better than X-men even being a 3 year old run with +60 issues.
    Duggan gonna do fine on first issue just based on having +20 variant covers. Time to made up for so so sales of Hickman

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    It doesn't really surprise me that Hickman's X-men is selling less than Spencer's Spider-Man.
    I like the book (even if sometimes I prefer the ideas to the execution and character work), but big name writer aside, it's one of the least "commercial" flagship X-runs ever. It doesn't feature a splashy team of popular characters going on epic adventures like one would expect from a flagship.
    The run has been mostly done-in-ones used to set-up stories that will pay off months down the line. Just look at the cover for his X-men #1. Instead of a team of popular X-men, we got the Summers family. Instead of popular villains, we got Hordeculture.
    Meanwhile, Spencer's ASM is almost too commercial. He's using all the popular toys he's allowed and he's had god knows how many event storyarcs within the main book.
    I expect Duggan's X-men to sell better than Hickman's. It might not be better written, but I think it will probably be more aligned with regular readers' expectations for a flagship X-men book.

  12. #27

    Default

    Remember that these are just projections and the range of sales between titles and their positions could be huge or little.

    But I must implore everyone to please purchase Hellions. It's such a great book and would be a real loss if it goes away.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  13. #28
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    243

    Default

    i pray to god coa is put to sleep after issue 6 like i ve heard and doubtful x-corp and way of x last past issue 5 if they didnt get the hellfire gala bump honestly they wouldnt even make it that far. like i said x-corp issue 1 sold awful we ordered a few extra copies for the gala but putting our numbers for issue 3 we might not even order double digits which is a first for a hickman era x-book. heard a while ago hellions was supposed to morph into a new x-book with wells writing hearing thats still may be the plan later this year

  14. #29
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i pray to god coa is put to sleep after issue 6 like i ve heard and doubtful x-corp and way of x last past issue 5 if they didnt get the hellfire gala bump honestly they wouldnt even make it that far. like i said x-corp issue 1 sold awful we ordered a few extra copies for the gala but putting our numbers for issue 3 we might not even order double digits which is a first for a hickman era x-book. heard a while ago hellions was supposed to morph into a new x-book with wells writing hearing thats still may be the plan later this year
    i think way of x will last longer than 5, though it could end up being a short run like cable and making it to 10 or 12 and a complete story.
    i would agree though that x corp probably wont last, just doesn't have any characters everyone likes enough to pull people in or a concept interesting enough that will keep it afloat.

  15. #30
    Mighty Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i think way of x will last longer than 5, though it could end up being a short run like cable and making it to 10 or 12 and a complete story.
    i would agree though that x corp probably wont last, just doesn't have any characters everyone likes enough to pull people in or a concept interesting enough that will keep it afloat.
    My guess for Way of X is two five book arcs (based on a five book TPB due out in October, for which the creators have the proofs and Si was writing more Way of X today). While I’d like it to run and run, I have a feeling it’s telling a specific story, not an open ended one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •