Default Naofumi (Rise of the shield hero) vs Kaede Honjou (I dont want to get hurt, so i

Setting/Location: Kanto, Japan

Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent

Motivation: Motivated to kill/Morals off

Equipment: Standard

Preparation: N/A

Continuity/Canon: Anime versions

Distance: 45 ft

I love them both, but I have to give it to Kaede. Her defense is insane.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

I admit, I only watched a couple of episodes of Kaede's anime. And it was different seeing a series where a video game actually remains a video game. So, I only have a few things to go off of. Whereas with Shield Hero, been reading the manga since well before the anime began.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

"Kaede," not "Maple"? Wouldn't that mean that Naofumi the Shield Hero would just be siccing massively destructive magics on a normal teenaged gamer rather than the MMORPG avatar she plays as?

I'd give the fighting and strategic edge to Naofumi, but in general Maple's abilities are more broken. Just touching her is fatal, for crying out loud.

Naofumi can take it maybe 2 or 3 out of 10, but most times Maple just powers through.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I'd give the fighting and strategic edge to Naofumi, but in general Maple's abilities are more broken. Just touching her is fatal, for crying out loud.

Naofumi can take it maybe 2 or 3 out of 10, but most times Maple just powers through.
    Yup. Even in the later volumes of the LN, I'd still favor Kaede's having strong odds overall compared to Naofumi.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!