Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spawn Spinoff Sam & Twitch Live-Action TV Series In Development

This can be a really good cop show if down right so I'm definitely for this I wonder if it will tie into the movie?

https://screenrant.com/spawn-spinoff...pment-details/

There's been so many Spawn media promises since the 90's live action movie and amazing cartoon and nothing's come through yet. I'll believe it when I see it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There's been so many Spawn media promises since the 90's live action movie and amazing cartoon and nothing's come through yet. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Yeah, isn't a movie supposed to be coming out for like 5 years or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, isn't a movie supposed to be coming out for like 5 years or so?
    There's been a movie in the works since...the start of the millennium it feels like. A cartoon revival with Keith David returning had been planned. This Sam and Twitch series was originally the plot of the movie like half a decade ago and now it's a series. There's always something in the works with this franchise, but nothing has materialized in the last 20 years outside some videogame stuff. I don't know all the reasons, but it kind of makes you want to be cautious about these announcements just in case it goes nowhere again. Hopefully it'll get off the ground this time, but I want to see some actual footage before I put this on my calendar.

The 90's series really was a gem, and the old movie was alright, so if it does come to fruition color me interested though.

Ultimate Member

There's been a movie in the works since...the start of the millennium it feels like. A cartoon revival with Keith David returning had been planned. This Sam and Twitch series was originally the plot of the movie like half a decade ago and now it's a series. There's always something in the works with this franchise, but nothing has materialized in the last 20 years outside some videogame stuff. I don't know all the reasons, but it kind of makes you want to be cautious about these announcements just in case it goes nowhere again. Hopefully it'll get off the ground this time, but I want to see some actual footage before I put this on my calendar.

The 90's series really was a gem, and the old movie was alright, so if it does come to fruition color me interested though.
    The 90s movie was ok, but a bit too "90s"

Anyway, I had no idea about all that! I'd be cautious about these announcements too

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i loved the sam and twitch comics although id personally prefer an R-rated animated series but still got some hype for this

I know they're popular parts of the franchise, but considering Spawn himself has yet to receive any new media aside from appearing in fighting games...

Kevin Smith talked about almost getting this made years ago and it fell apart late in the game. Jamie Foxx has been cast as Spawn for years now and nothing came of it. Yea I belive it when I see a trailer for any of this.

Todd has been talking about a new Spawn movie since the old Spawn movie came out.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Back then I would have loved this but in a post True Detective and Mindhunter world there's really no chance it would be remotely close in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Back then I would have loved this but in a post True Detective and Mindhunter world there's really no chance it would be remotely close in quality.
    Why would those other shows limit the possible quality of this show?

Why would those other shows limit the possible quality of this show?
    Good question. Maybe not limit its quality but it has been done now and for me in an almost perfect way. Just adding angels/demons and doing it again probably won't work for me now. On the other hand I love Heat/DarkKnight/Winter Soldier and those 3 movies owe a lot to each other.

Ultimate Member

Why exactly do people like True Detective?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why exactly do people like True Detective?
    Off topic but... acting, plot, style, score and production values. Its like a Best Of of crime genre tropes kinda like Ed Brubaker's Criminal.

Ultimate Member

Off topic but... acting, plot, style, score and production values. Its like a Best Of of crime genre tropes kinda like Ed Brubaker's Criminal.
    Ok, because I thought it was meandering and pretentious, and not in a good way like Hannibal