Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Think we'll ever see Dick become Red X in main canon & who'd take the mantle?

Given the events of Future State do you think the mainstream Dick will become Red X? I honestly would like to see it but at the same time I'd like to see things diverge slightly from Future State. I honestly have this theory that Grant Wilson will return and will become Red X. I think a good plot would be for Jericho to return and to want to go after his father and learn his brother is alive. As for how they could bring Grant back I can see the Court of Owls being tied to Hive and for it to come out for the project used on Slade and his son was a precursor to how the Talons are brought back and for it to be revealed the Court took Grant's body and experimented on him for years by killing and resurrecting him over and over all the while bringing up their plans for Dick.

I like this idea because I love the impact Grant returning as a Darth Maul type figure would have on his family and Dick. I know at first that probably would seem small but I do think him teaming up with maybe Jericho (since iirc they are full blooded brothers) would be interesting to see. I'd also be interested in Deathstroke's reaction and Rose especially since he was Ravager before her. Essentially what I'm thinking is for Dick to go undercover as Red X and to make morally compromises and for his path to end with him getting in the middle of a Wilson family battle and for it to end with Jericho discovering his brother is alive and completely insane.

I can see Jericho finding his brother completely crazed in a old Court lair littered with bodies belonging to Talon's and Court members. I also like the idea of Grant taking the mantle of Red X to taunt Dick and after regaining a semblance of sanity he could act as a leader to Jericho displaying a new calculating side to himself and for the brothers to plot revenge on both Dick and Slade.

Though it'd probably make more sense for Slade to go looking for him in that scenario. Regardless I do like the idea of Red X marking a dark part of Dick's life and for him to try to discard it only for a ghost from his past to take up that mantle to taunt him. I also think the Court being involved would really mess with him as well. At the same time I think it'd be interesting to see Dick face someone whose as capable as Slade but completely unhinged and obsessed.

Dick's been established to have used the Red X identity at some point back when he was still Robin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Titans Academy gets to go more in-depth on Red X, we'll probably see more of Dick's tenure with the identity.

I think they set up that there has been 4 characters that have used the Red X identity in the TTA run? Dick was the first, then were were two more, and now we have the new one in the Academy book. So they left it open that there could be more people connected to the identity in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think they set up that there has been 4 characters that have used the Red X identity in the TTA run? Dick was the first, then were were two more, and now we have the new one in the Academy book. So they left it open that there could be more people connected to the identity in the future.
    Jason and Tim?

I would've just use Damian but I don't know if that still an option.

I'd laugh and cheer if it was Danny Chase. He's more of a joke choice but redeeming him could be fun.

Grant is a cool choice.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-12-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jason and Tim?
    I don't think so. Red X 2 and 3 are supposed to have "lost themselves to the darkness" of the identity, whatever it may mean.