Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That is because it is America's ass.
    Damn straight. Well, Germany/America's ass. No one would have considered pre-Super Soldier Serum Steve Rogers to have America's ass.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Damn straight. Well, Germany/America's ass. No one would have considered pre-Super Soldier Serum Steve Rogers to have America's ass.
    What Widow did in TWS was pretty impactful.

The whole Civil War fallout was impactful and changed the trajectory of Infinity War.

Tony's tech doesn't appear to be an issue still (we'll see after Armor Wars).

Tony quitting was pretty much ignored. Same with the Extremis stuff (I think it was a plot point in AoS for a bit).

Thor and Loki's big beats ... I would argue a bit about Thor 1 & 3 and their impact since the opening of IW comes right when Ragnarok ends. Actually, Thor 3 is pretty important in the scheme of things. Thor's intro in Avengers was actually a fine origin ... you don't really need to see Thor 1 to understand what is going on in Avengers.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Tbf, not everything in every movie needs to have a big effect on the whole Mcu. Hasn't that also been criticized a lot?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    IMO the worst MCU film is like the worst James Bond movie still a fun watch at the end of the day.
    Not a bad comparison since both franchises have about the same number of films.

Count me in the camp where Dark World is a bit more MEH than others. I do think Malekeith was not fully utilized as well as he could've been. I hated the killing of Frigga. On one hand I get the story purpose of it, on the other...Frigga had him dead to rights till the "Hot Rod moment"(Transformer fans you feel me).

Also, Incredible Hulk is a solid film, its just that elements from that have been cherry picked to incorporate elsewhere. It is a fun film and I think gets ranked low due to the one/done of it all.
    While I'm at it IM2&3 are both super fun, you haters can hate it cause the 'net says it cool for 'x' reasons to do so but both are really fun and enjoyable.

I've only seen Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange once.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It's the lowest reviewed and probably the least liked of the MCU films. That is just a general consensus. Doesn't mean everybody thinks it is the worst. It is still more liked than disliked and out of the 20+ MCU movies, one of them hasa to be on the bottom.
    It's not the theatrical release of Justice League or WW84.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's the lowest reviewed and probably the least liked of the MCU films. That is just a general consensus. Doesn't mean everybody thinks it is the worst. It is still more liked than disliked and out of the 20+ MCU movies, one of them hasa to be on the bottom.
    It's not the theatrical release of Justice League or WW84.
    Why exactly is WW84 rated so low? It was better than either JL

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why exactly is WW84 rated so low? It was better than either JL
    We are talking about general reactions. YMMV. ZSJL Cut was much better received than WW84. Most thought WW84 was barely okay and a big let down from the first movie. The consensus is ZSJL is a big improvement from the theatrical release and better than BM vs SM.

Your personal opinion is as valid as anyone's, but we are looking how they are perceived in general.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    We are talking about general reactions. YMMV. ZSJL Cut was much better received than WW84. Most thought WW84 was barely okay and a big let down from the first movie. The consensus is ZSJL is a big improvement from the theatrical release and better than BM vs SM.

Your personal opinion is as valid as anyone's, but we are looking how they are perceived in general.
    Ok. I'm just wondering why that. I didn't think ZSJL was much of an improvement and in some ways was worse. Whereas WW84 wasn't as good as it's predecessor but tried some new things and was generally enjoyable. I'm trying to figure out what others feel about these 2 movies

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Tbf, not everything in every movie needs to have a big effect on the whole Mcu. Hasn't that also been criticized a lot?
    Has it? I thought it was the opposite. To me, having this film further the Thanos plot thread would have been more appealing. Because the Asgard/9 realms stuff is a let down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Has it? I thought it was the opposite. To me, having this film further the Thanos plot thread would have been more appealing. Because the Asgard/9 realms stuff is a let down.
    I always see people complain about MCU movies being ads for next movies. Sometimes self-contained stuff is ok too. Although I would like to see the 9 realms better explored and integrated. That may still happen in the future with the remaning 8 realsm

Well, I think Iron Man 3 is worse, by far.