Pretty much what the title says. I've consistently seen Thor: The Dark World ranked among the worst, if not ranked as the worst, of the MCU film entries. But I've never really gotten a consensus on why people think that. I know the film had a troubled production and that the director, Alan Taylor, did not enjoy the "collaborative" process with MARVEL at all. I think the film's tone is all over the place, but that's a criticism shared by the much more successful and beloved Thor: Ragnarok too. Jane Foster was kind of the weakest link, but in the early MCU films, the only romantic relationship I thought was written well was Tony/Pepper.

Personally I thought Thor: The Dark World was an improvement on the first Thor film. It's by no means perfect, but I enjoyed it. We got to see a little more of the 9 realms, we spent a lot more time in Asgard, Loki got some good character development, the visuals and production looked good, etc. A lot of people say Malekith was an underwhelming or underdeveloped villain but he was still miles ahead of Yellowjacket in the first Ant-Man.

But enough about my thoughts, I wanna hear yours.