Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default The Flash #775 Preview

The Flash #771 Preview
    Writer: Jeremy Adams
    Artist: Kevin Maguire, Howard Porter, Berat Pekmezci, Bryan Hitch, Max Raynor, Scott Kolins, Tom Derenick, Fernando Pasarin, Oclair Albert & Brandon Peterson

Extraordinary Member

Can a mod update the title to be #771? That's what I get for posting while half asleep.

Looking forward to this. The last issue with Jay Garrick and the Ray in world war 2 was awesome!

Cant' wait to see how things play out with the Legion of Doom.

Can't wait for Kevin Maguire's take on the Legion og Doom. Looks really fun.
    That cover is unfortunate, thought. I would have prefered something more upbeat to go with the Super Friends vibe. No need to remind us of HiC so soon.

So Wally got transported to the Super Friends universe...?

I am here for that Ollie turtleneck .

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Can't wait for Kevin Maguire's take on the Legion og Doom. Looks really fun.
    That cover is unfortunate, thought. I would have prefered something more upbeat to go with the Super Friends vibe. No need to remind us of HiC so soon.
    I think that between this and the annual that us Wally fans are going to have to brace ourselves for this being the month that we have to deal with Heroes In Crisis. Hopefully Adams does a good enough job of cleaning it up that it never needs to come up again and gives us enough fun Legion of Doom moments to keep us going.

It looks like next month we can finally get to Wally getting back to his real life though. I think we just have to accept that this band aid is getting ripped off before we get to that stuff. Hope it's worth it.

Turns out the cover felt even more out of place after reading the book.
    Pretty fun comic. I need a Super Friends book by Maguire in my life now.
    I hope the annual redeems Wally from HIC for good all and we never need to mention that story again.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope the annual redeems Wally from HIC for good all and we never need to mention that story again.
    Yeah, I hope the same too.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

This continues to be everything I want from a Flash book and the guest art on this issue is the best we've had yet (Maguire!) but, um, I think the editor was asleep at the wheel. Maybe it's just my digital copy but there are some pretty egregious typos, including one where the whole sentence was jumbled. Did anyone else notice this?

In particular...

Web capture_16-6-2021_6645_www.comixology.com.jpg
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    This continues to be everything I want from a Flash book and the guest art on this issue is the best we've had yet (Maguire!) but, um, I think the editor was asleep at the wheel. Maybe it's just my digital copy but there are some pretty egregious typos, including one where the whole sentence was jumbled. Did anyone else notice this?

In particular...

Web capture_16-6-2021_6645_www.comixology.com.jpg
    Huh. I think the problem there stems from them not doing a proper scripting pass on the art - that word balloon doesn't really fit in the space, and if you fix "prestigious institution in our" to "into our prestigious institution", it gets worse because that balloon has to get wider again... (there's a reason JLI has really small, spindly lettering!) The whole thing needs reworded to be slightly shorter, not just fixed to make sense.
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 06-16-2021 at 03:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Institution can be used as a verb, guys. "We have given you institution in our organization" is a perfectly correct sentence. He's basically saying "Allow Reverse Flash prestigious establishment in our legion"

The point is to make Lex sound like a bloviating pompous jerk.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Institution can be used as a verb, guys. "We have given you institution in our organization" is a perfectly correct sentence. He's basically saying "Allow Reverse Flash prestigious establishment in our legion"

The point is to make Lex sound like a bloviating pompous jerk.
    Nice try but it's clearly wrong. "In our is premature" doesn't make sense regardless.

Anyway, funny how Maguire art always seems to come with tons of text. You can take the guy out of the JLI but not the JLI out of the guy, I guess.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Another well written issue. I thought the whole Legion of Doom was cute and funny. Brought back childhood memories of watching Superfriends reruns after school.

Would Solomon Grundy really use the word "definition"?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would Solomon Grundy really use the word "definition"?
    Depends on which version of Grundy...