Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Institution can be used as a verb, guys. "We have given you institution in our organization" is a perfectly correct sentence. He's basically saying "Allow Reverse Flash prestigious establishment in our legion"

The point is to make Lex sound like a bloviating pompous jerk.
    Neither of those examples use institution as a verb. In the first the verb is given, in the second it’s allow. In each sentence the word institution is a direct object.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Neither of those examples use institution as a verb. In the first the verb is given, in the second it’s allow. In each sentence the word institution is a direct object.
    My bad. My point was saying "his prestigious institution" isn't incorrect. It's a conjugation(?) of the verb institute. "The institution of laws" is a proper sentence. Lex is saying "He is being allowed to be instituted in our organization." I guess it's an adverb in this instance? I don't know, was never great as parsing syntax. I was just thinking of the word institution and how it can be used as a verb. It's essentially a synonym of establishment which can be used the same way -- as a place/organization or as the act of establishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Nice try but it's clearly wrong. "In our is premature" doesn't make sense regardless.
    No excuse for that one. I'm just saying the "institution" bit isn't anything wrong.
    Last edited by Dred; 06-23-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Please give Kevin Maguire a Legion of Doom mini series!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would Solomon Grundy really use the word "definition"?
    "Grundy read 1970's Oxford Dictionary. Grundy learn fancy word!"

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would Solomon Grundy really use the word "definition"?
    Maybe not that version...

But when he comes back, he can come back with varying levels of intelligence..see Justice League (2006) "The Tornado's Path" for a highly intelligent Grundy