Default Does Dick have a brother in the comics?

Since I was a kid I've been intrigued by the idea of Dick having a brother. This was reignited when his connection to the Court of Owls was revealed. I know William Cobb is obsessed with Dick becoming a Talon but I also like the idea of Mitch Grayson from the 90's movie being adapted and set up as a back up plan. I mean it'd make a good plot at least and pose a lot of questions like why Bruce only took in Dick. Though I'd prefer less stereotypical motivations I can see Mitch having his own family and going after Dick because of something like if Dick doesn't become Talon then it put's Mitch's kids in line for the spot or something. This would also provide a good opportunity for a team up I think as well. I can also see the standard drama like both brothers being somewhat upset that neither kept in touch and both saying something like "Well you could have picked up the phone." or something.

Extraordinary Member

In the (main continuity) comics Dick had never any biological siblings (same goes for the other Robins, unless you count Damians Clones).

Though apparently that's about to change.
    spoilers:
    Melinda Zucco will be revealed to be his sister, according to Bleeding Cool.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He has a sister in New 52 Earth-3

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    UGH

I mean people have guessed it but UGH out of all things that's unneeded

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Why? And I don't need the "how", its easy enough to guess. But, no. Its not needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    In the (main continuity) comics Dick had never any biological siblings (same goes for the other Robins, unless you count Damians Clones).
    Didn't Lobdell give Jason a brother or a sister in his run? Or maybe that was just a fake-out or the brother died before Jason became Robin. I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Didn't Lobdell give Jason a brother or a sister in his run? Or maybe that was just a fake-out or the brother died before Jason became Robin. I can't remember.
    No, that was Batman: The Adventure Continues. The BTAS one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    No, that was Batman: The Adventure Continues. The BTAS one.
    As far as I remember, Lobdell was going to give Jason a younger sibling during New52, yeah. Catherine was pregnant in certain flashback scene if I recall right. And I remember someone else commenting on it when Faye Jr appeared in Rebirth.

I mean, I kinda remember that happening. I could be wrong.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    As far as I remember, Lobdell was going to give Jason a younger sibling during New52, yeah. Catherine was pregnant in certain flashback scene if I recall right. And I remember someone else commenting on it when Faye Jr appeared in Rebirth.

I mean, I kinda remember that happening. I could be wrong.
    yeah she was pregnant when Willis was arrested in the zero issue, and there were speculations in the fandom

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    yeah she was pregnant when Willis was arrested in the zero issue, and there were speculations in the fandom
    Nothing ever came of it though. Even Faye 2.0 was never explained beyond her initial (and really, only) appearance.

I'm so far over long-lost/previously unknown relatives showing up (or dead ones turning out not to be dead) that it isn't even funny. But at this point, continuity so "whatever" that I can't really care anymore and just click the "ignore" button in my head.

This will probably be retcon or be not a real blood sister