Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The development team must have spend a fortune on the music licensing. Gotta cut cost somewhere
    yeah and they didnt seem to treat this game as a major release. If Avengers was their AAA title, Guardians was more of an AA

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah and they didnt seem to treat this game as a major release. If Avengers was their AAA title, Guardians was more of an AA
    Which is pretty ironic in hindsight.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I had a blast with this game. I really hope it gets a sequel someday because I would love to explore more of the Marvel Cosmos with this crew.

Yikes. Almost finished with this. Was able to play this for free.

Imagine Mass Effect 2 but....

1. The Gameplay is worse.

2. The decisions you make didn't matter.

3. Your crew was boring, which is a stunning thing to pull off in a Marvel game.

4. The pacing is terrible.

Luckily I didn't have to pay for it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Yikes. Almost finished with this. Was able to play this for free.

Imagine Mass Effect 2 but....

1. The Gameplay is worse.

2. The decisions you make didn't matter.

3. Your crew was boring, which is a stunning thing to pull off in a Marvel game.

4. The pacing is terrible.

Luckily I didn't have to pay for it.
    This is nothing like ME2 nor was it trying to be. Your first mistake was comparing them.

Ironically I just finished it today. I have to say its a bit overrated but it was good. The way they handled the Guardians was cool but I wish we could play as the others. I really dont like ranged combat for a game like this and I didnt have fun controlling Star Lord. Would have been more fun doing melee moves with Gamora or Drax

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is nothing like ME2 nor was it trying to be. Your first mistake was comparing them.

Ironically I just finished it today. I have to say its a bit overrated but it was good. The way they handled the Guardians was cool but I wish we could play as the others. I really dont like ranged combat for a game like this and I didnt have fun controlling Star Lord. Would have been more fun doing melee moves with Gamora or Drax
    Okay. I'll judge it on its own merits.

The gameplay is still terrible. Controlling Star Lord and the others at the same time was a chore .

The decisions you make don't matter. What is the point of letting your character make decisions?

The crew was boring.

The pacing is terrible. Soooo much walking and talking broken up by short fights and then more walking and talking.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay. I'll judge it on its own merits.

The gameplay is still terrible. Controlling Star Lord and the others at the same time was a chore .

The decisions you make don't matter. What is the point of letting your character make decisions?

The crew was boring.

The pacing is terrible. Soooo much walking and talking broken up by short fights and then more walking and talking.
    I picked this up on sale, and the controls are madenning why can't I just tell the team to attack using whatever methods is available to them instead of me micromanaging them?

The story is fun as well as the graphics, but the controls really hamper it.