Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Think this comes firmly under "wait for the Steam sale" to me, though to be fair that's most games nowadays. Still waiting for Elden Ring.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The 80s hits on boss fights was unexpected. For me at least.
    I find it disappointing you only get the licensed music through huddles in regular combat.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The 80s hits on boss fights was unexpected. For me at least.
    They're still doing the 80s thing?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    They're still doing the 80s thing?
    The game has a playlist of 80s hits. There's flashbacks to Peter's childhood that are in the 80s

I'm on Chapter 10 now. Some of the combat is a little wonky. Shields become a pain to deal with. I think I'd have rather if they let me alternate between heroes instead of ordering them to do things. Or let them just fight on their own. Because it kind of ruins the cadence of battle to have to order them to do stuff while also trying to fight. It's not a major issue. Just a matter of preference. The story is top notch though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I haven't read any recent Guardians comics but I'm liking this Hellbender lady.

She's a newer character from the Hulk books.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The Collector's museum is a treasure cove of easter eggs. Even some of the stuff that doesn't make sense for him to have were a delight to see.

This game definitely knows where to place it's Easter eggs. Reading through the criminal records in the Nova Corp database is a lot of fun

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The game has a playlist of 80s hits. There's flashbacks to Peter's childhood that are in the 80s
    Oh, so it's more inspired by the MCU version? Because if he grew up on Earth in this game, Idk why he'd only listen to 80s stuff, unless he's a 'lewronggeneration' type guy

Oh, so it's more inspired by the MCU version? Because if he grew up on Earth in this game, Idk why he'd only listen to 80s stuff, unless he's a 'lewronggeneration' type guy
    Yes. All the Guardians are based on the MCU versions. The other characters that show up are not.

The movie version listens to his mum’s tapes of 60s and 70s songs so sounds like they’re pandering to a different generation’s nostalgia now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The movie version listens to his mum’s tapes of 60s and 70s songs so sounds like they’re pandering to a different generation’s nostalgia now.
    Peter is an 80s kid in this game. He was into all the major pop culture things of the time period. Rock music, Star Wars, Tron, Atari, Pac-Man (his birthday cake has a giant Pac-Man on it), 80s era Marvel comics, etc

Playing through new game plus atm. Loved this game. I enjoy open world games but it's nice to get to play a straight forward linear game.

I would say the characters are a mixed bag. They took some stuff from MCU. some from comics, and made up they're own stuff. I will say I really like this Drax. He's similar to MCU drax but over the course of a 12hour game you get some real developement and his literal jokes comes fewer and far between. Which makes them work better. Rocket and Groot have apparently been a dynamic duo for a decade before they met Quill. I will say try not to miss any of the Guardian collectibles because they open up new dialogue with the characters that add more depth and backstory. Like you find out this version of Rocket doesn't really speak Groots language very well. Over time they have kinda just come to get each other. But apparently Rocket misinterpretes alot of stuff. Anyway the story is great in this and seeing the Guardians become a tight nit family over time is great.

Now for Spoilers
    spoilers:
    The stuff with Magus in the end credits was cool.if your paying attention you know the game ain't over. Guess they saving Richard Rider for the sequel? Cause his fingerprints are all over this game but never appears. Also seen people upset over Thanos character design. When we see him he's in Drax's head. I assume that's why he had the helmet with horns. Cause to Drax he's the devil. Well to alot of people. But who knows maybe I'm giving them too much credit ans they just had a bad design. Anyway he's clearly not dead and will be back. Yondu also has to appear in sequel. He's all over this game aswell but never appears. Quasar would be a good bet too since they included his file in the Nova database. Adam Warlock was funny. I was as annoyed with his speech pattern as the Gaurdians.
    end of spoilers

Finished the game. Story in this was amazing. I hope that the failure of Avengers doesn't rub off on this game because I want a follow up.

spoilers:
    I found Adam Warlock to be annoying. I laugh hard when Kami spit at his face after defeating Raker. He needed to be brought down a peg.

I was kinda disappointed that Nikki didn't end up being Peter's kid. Imagine the roasting the team could give him for being a terrible dad. I guess it doesn't really matter since it ends up being a parental figure in the end anyway.

I hope Jack Flag is ok. Floating aimlessly in space is a shitty place to be in. I hope he shows up in a sequel to get back at Peter for that.
    end of spoilers