Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Finished the game. Story in this was amazing. I hope that the failure of Avengers doesn't rub off on this game because I want a follow up.

spoilers:
    I found Adam Warlock to be annoying. I laugh hard when Kami spit at his face after defeating Raker. He needed to be brought down a peg.

I was kinda disappointed that Nikki didn't end up being Peter's kid. Imagine the roasting the team could give him for being a terrible dad. I guess it doesn't really matter since it ends up being a parental figure in the end anyway.

I hope Jack Flag is ok. Floating aimlessly in space is a shitty place to be in. I hope he shows up in a sequel to get back at Peter for that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think your supposed to be disappointed Nikki wasn't Peter's. I think that's the strength of the narrative. You spend time over the course of the game slowing accepting she's yours and then coming together as a team/Family to save her. Looks like she's part of the family now but yea little disappointed she wasn't Peter's but guess that's by design.
    end of spoilers

Have they said if they will be doing any DLCs?

Only real gripe was that they mention so many enemies that would have been cooler then random mosters(Skrulls,badoon,Brood, and The Kree). Though I did like alot of the monsters. Just wish we coulda got more Marvel IP used not just name dropped for world building. Leaves alot on the bone for a sequel I guess.

Though spoilers:
    dweller in darkness appearing in two marvel Properties in one year was cool. Big year for such an obscure character.
    end of spoilers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    spoilers:
    I think your supposed to be disappointed Nikki wasn't Peter's. I think that's the strength of the narrative. You spend time over the course of the game slowing accepting she's yours and then coming together as a team/Family to save her. Looks like she's part of the family now but yea little disappointed she wasn't Peter's but guess that's by design.
    end of spoilers

Have they said if they will be doing any DLCs?

Only real gripe was that they mention so many enemies that would have been cooler then random mosters(Skrulls,badoon,Brood, and The Kree). Though I did like alot of the monsters. Just wish we coulda got more Marvel IP used not just name dropped for world building. Leaves alot on the bone for a sequel I guess.

Though spoilers:
    dweller in darkness appearing in two marvel Properties in one year was cool. Big year for such an obscure character.
    end of spoilers
    Devs confirmed this game won't have DLC. It's one and done.

Yea, I would have liked to fight against skrulls and badoons. On that, I kinda wish the galactic war that was constantly mentioned was the annihilation wave.

Devs confirmed this game won't have DLC. It's one and done.

Yea, I would have liked to fight against skrulls and badoons. On that, I kinda wish the galactic war that was constantly mentioned was the annihilation wave.
    Yea that would have been cool. Sounds like it was basically a cross between MCU Thanos plan and Comics minus the actual Infinity Stones. Baascialy Thanos/Chitauri vs the Galaxy. Funny enough listening to Gamora dialogue it sounds like Thanos pretended to have MCU motivations and was saying he wanted to bring balance to the universe. Then Gamora caught him talking to Death and realized that was a lie he was in love with Death and would kill everyone and everything to impress her.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Oh, so it's more inspired by the MCU version? Because if he grew up on Earth in this game, Idk why he'd only listen to 80s stuff, unless he's a 'lewronggeneration' type guy
    Some things are MCU, some are comics. Some are their own thing. spoilers:
    They created a family for Drax for instance. It doesn't seem like Moondragon is his daughter here. At least not in case files from the Nova database or in the story yet.
    end of spoilers. Personality wise Peter seems some way in between comics and the movies. Looks wise, definitely comics. spoilers:
    Mantis isn't as passive personality wise as she was in the movies
    end of spoilers. There's an easter egg in Peter's room spoilers:
    that shows him heavily interested in NASA.
    end of spoilers And that is 70s comics Peter inspired all the way.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Some things are MCU, some are comics. Some are their own thing. spoilers:
    They created a family for Drax for instance. It doesn't seem like Moondragon is his daughter here. At least not in case files from the Nova database or in the story yet.
    end of spoilers. Personality wise Peter seems some way in between comics and the movies. Looks wise, definitely comics. spoilers:
    Mantis isn't as passive personality wise as she was in the movies
    end of spoilers. There's an easter egg in Peter's room spoilers:
    that shows him heavily interested in NASA.
    end of spoilers And that is 70s comics Peter inspired all the way.
    Drax is a straight up alien in this game so spoilers:
    so that makes it unlikely that Moondragon will be his daughter. Perhaps they can give them a history just to play a nod to their previous relationship if the game gets a sequel.
    end of spoilers

Drax is a straight up alien in this game so spoilers:
    so that makes it unlikely that Moondragon will be his daughter. Perhaps they can give them a history just to play a nod to their previous relationship if the game gets a sequel.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yea he's just an alien who had some Voodoo done to him by Mentor and Kronos I think he said. I don't know if it made him more powerful or only just Gave him the Thanos GPS. I prefer this game version of Drax then the comics or movies. The Wife and kid they give him in this game are the same ones from the movies. Hovat and something or another can't remember they're names off the tip.

Question I don't know alot about Mantis. Does she have some kinda of temporal omnipotence in the comics? Cause it was used to great effect on the game but wasn't expecting that.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    spoilers:
    Yea he's just an alien who had some Voodoo done to him by Mentor and Kronos I think he said. I don't know if it made him more powerful or only just Gave him the Thanos GPS. I prefer this game version of Drax then the comics or movies. The Wife and kid they give him in this game are the same ones from the movies. Hovat and something or another can't remember they're names off the tip.

Question I don't know alot about Mantis. Does she have some kinda of temporal omnipotence in the comics? Cause it was used to great effect on the game but wasn't expecting that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Her temporal omnipotence first appeared in Annihilation Conquest: Star-Lord mini. The devs must have drawn from that book for the game's portrayal of Mantis's powers
    end of spoilers

I finished the game a couple nights ago and loved the story. spoilers:
    Loved the easter eggs for Lilandra and Lila Cheney. I laughed at Throg's hammer being separated from him.
    end of spoilers. I wouldn't mind them doing another guardians game. Or maybe once they get F4 and X-Men games done having some big crossover. Maybe do some version of Annihilation.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Got the game during Steam's winter sale and just finished it, very impressed

spoilers:
    did anyone actually pay the fine? The game ending with the ship shutting down was pretty much as perfect of an ending to a Guardians story you could ask for
    end of spoilers

So if he was 13 in the 1980s, how old is SL supposed to be in this game? I'm not sure when the flashbacks are supposed to take place, but it looks like at least early to mid 80s judging by his room.

The MCU version of course was dead for five years so that would explain why he still seems to look like he's in his late 30s despite being born in the 70s.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Got the game during Steam's winter sale and just finished it, very impressed

spoilers:
    did anyone actually pay the fine? The game ending with the ship shutting down was pretty much as perfect of an ending to a Guardians story you could ask for
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I paid the fine and it does nothing. The only reason to do it is to get the achievement.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 01-22-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So if he was 13 in the 1980s, how old is SL supposed to be in this game? I'm not sure when the flashbacks are supposed to take place, but it looks like at least early to mid 80s judging by his room.

The MCU version of course was dead for five years so that would explain why he still seems to look like he's in his late 30s despite being born in the 70s.
    I mean assumedly he was an adult during the wars with Thanos so maybe 8 years or so since his abduction and another 12 years since then would put him in his early to mid 30s which seems a fair guess

Kind of interesting they went with actors who aren't big voice actor names for the cast, as opposed to Avengers which had North, Baker, Bailey, Willingham, Hale etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Kind of interesting they went with actors who aren't big voice actor names for the cast, as opposed to Avengers which had North, Baker, Bailey, Willingham, Hale etc.
    The development team must have spend a fortune on the music licensing. Gotta cut cost somewhere

Especially in contrast to the Telltale game that had the usual Telltale regulars alongside Scott Porter and Nolan North.