Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default So who should take the empty two seats in the Quiet Council?

One would fill the Autumn side with Xavier and Magneto. Fulfilling the traditional and historic side of mutantdom.

One will fill the Summer side with Nightcrawler and Storm, fulfilling the empathetic X-Men.

Xavier and Magneto asked Scott to join and Jean to come back, they both declined.

Namor has turned down the offer as well.

Keep in mind it seems like whoever fills the last two seats, it looks like Magneto and Charles have to agree on them.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-13-2021 at 04:53 PM.

I want to wait and see if anyone else leaves the council after Inferno but, as of right now I wish Dani or Besty were to join the Summer side and Selene or Namor to replace Apocs old seat
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Gabby. She seems more sane then most of the other members, and thats a sad fact

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Selene should have been offered one but outside of Moira and Emma not many women are positioned as stirring the narrative and leaders in this era the same way the guys have been.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 06-13-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Psylocke (Kwannon) and Cable (OG).
    Last edited by cranger; 06-14-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Old man Cable for Autumn side and Sean Cassidy for Summer side them both have been part of the X-men and also on their own and could add some neccesary third perspective to the Council.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I would like it to be Callisto in Autumn and Dani in Summer. But I think it will be Namor, who will reconsider after the events of Planet Size and accept the Autumn seat, and maybe Banshee in Summer.

Fantastic Member

Dani /Sam/Berto for Jean's old spot. The younger gen needs a rep.

Namor should get a spot but it might not be yet.

Selene seems like an ... awful choice but then again they already have Sinister and Mystique.

Callisto should be there to rep the Morlocks but she'd be better off with someone else's spot.

Mikhail would be an interesting choice depending on what's happening with X-Force.

The Gamesmaster would be another character I think should pop up and could fit in sneakily.

It's also possible they use someone from Arrako to try to further build an alliance.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Betsy on the summer, and if Storm leaves the council to focus on space, I’d like to see Warren take a leading role. Just to give X-Corp some oomph.

On Autumn I want to see Selene.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Old man Cable for Autumn side and Sean Cassidy for Summer side them both have been part of the X-men and also on their own and could add some necessary third perspective to the Council.
    This is pretty close to my own thinking. Old man Cable, and either Banshee or one of the other All-New classic or all-new era X-Men like Banshee or Colossus (Banshee for his co-headmastering the school with Emma in the Generation X days, Colossus getting some approval from 'the big dogs' for his ties to both Xavier as an X-Man and Magneto as an Acolyte).

But I also agree with Dante Milton's choices as more ladies in positions of authority would be nice, and Callisto did indeed lead her own third faction for a long time, and could be seated on the Autumn side with Xavier and Mags, and Dani could be an interesting choice for the Summer side (having co-led the New Mutants and taught at the school).

Down with the council and power to the people!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I believe Namor was set up as a future member in the last X-Men issue after whatever happens in Planet-Size supposedly blows his feathery socks off.

And I think Elizabeth as Captain Britain would be a great choice to replace Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    This but otherwise Dani should get Jean's seat and M could represent X-Corp in A's seat OR Captain Betsy/Rictor could technically fill in Apocalypse spot for Otherworld/magic stuff. But if it's just intimidating leader, then give A's seat to Namor.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Rogue ought to replace Jean. In fact, she should not need to have Jean or Scott’s supervision on the X-Men. She is superior to both of them as a leader.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Well they should at least have an election...