Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Realistically, I guess it depends on who would Hickman choose for his story.

Mighty Member

I would pick Dani for Jeans seat and Emplate for Apoc's seat..

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Realistically, I guess it depends on who would Hickman choose for his story.
    no way you cracked the code
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    no way you cracked the code
    Lol, I know, I know.

But I think taking a look at who Hickman has used so far, and what seeds he’s planted for plot lines might help us in determining who would take the seats.

Fantastic Member

It's tough for Autumn. Namur makes sense, cause there aren't too many leader mutants with the same gravitas as Apocalpyse. Cable makes sense as some have said. It would depend on how he is brought into Krakoa.

For Summer, I think Colossus or Iceman would be good. Colossus is sick of the fighting, but as a leader and politician he could be the change he wants to see.

Iceman has that optimism and hope that would be good for that side of the council.

Though I expect an Arraki to be given a seat if they stick around.

I'd like more POC on the council, if it continues to exist, as well as more non-american based mutants.

I know the X-Men, a United States based superhero team, are spearheading this but how is this supposed to represent a global population of mutants if like half are from one continent?

Professor X - USA
    Shadowcat - USA
    Emma Frost - USA
    Sebastian Shaw - USA
    Storm - Kenyan-American
    Nightcrawler - German-American
    Magneto - German-American
    Mystique - ???
    Mr Sinister - England
    Exodus - France

India and China, two of the biggest populations on earth and a combined population of 2.6 billion people, have no representation on the council which seems a little ridiculous. I know some have argued that mutants might be more likely to appear in certain populations but that seems like a... problematic narrative. If you want to operate on a global level, they need to show mutants from a global level.

Shiro would have been a perfect fit for the council TBH, but he's already on X-Men.

Other candidates I think might fit could be

Neal Sharra (India): Born to an affluent family in Kolkata, he's served on the X-Men for a short period, as well is a former member of X-Corp. He does not have much experience leading but considering his family background I doubt he's politically ignorant. He also has a connection to Karima, so there's that drama aspect.

Collective Man (China): Actually a group of brothers, they are one of China's premier superheroes, and they once rebelled and formed a small team to help rescue mutants being abused by the Chinese government. Assuming its anything similar to Sunfire's situation, I could see them on Krakoa and active on the Council, considering their close involvement with the Chinese government. The only real problem with this character is if they identify as one individual or several and how that would affect their seat positions.

Karma (Vietnam): While Moonstar would be a good fit as well, I'd actually like to see Karma be the main representative of the New Mutants. Moonstar fits better as a Captain IMO In terms of leadership experience, she's been a teacher for many years and is the current head of the Hatchi Corporation.

Silver Samurai (Japan): I see him working in a similar position to Shaw as he has close ties to the underworld in Japan and even briefly served with Big Hero 6. He has experience leading various organizations, legal and otherwise.

Those are just some examples. If the creative team wanted to they could even create new characters for the positions, as we rarely see superhero and mutant teams from other countries, so who knows which teams have been championing mutant rights in those regions.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 06-14-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I already suggested at least Karma but the other can be taken up by Banshee (though he may be seen as beyond repair) or Angel.

Extraordinary Member

With a lot of the other suggestions all I can think is 'the other council members are going to eat this person's lunch.'

In terms of the New Mutants, the only ones who have shown basic competency recently are Magik and Warpath. It would be a mistake to move either of those 2 to the council since they're doing so well and seem to be the only people who can do what they're doing in terms of training and education. On the other hand we still need to see how Karma gets over her Tran problem before she can even think of moving on, and the only thing Dani has gotten right since returning from space is killing one of her best friends. We haven't seen the fierce, competent Dani of old in a long time. Putting her on the council now would just be promoting failure.

Colossus - does he have the IQ to match wits with the rest of the council? I sure don't see it. Iceman is another who is not exactly known for his brains.

Angel is a good choice. Sunspot as well for similar reasons. Heck, a Sunspot-Sinister comedy duo could be the best thing ever.

Captain Britain might be a good choice depending on what they want to do with relations with England, Otherworld, and King Jamie.

Of the options that I think are viable, I like Sunspot the best. He's got the skills necessary after leading AIM and the more I think about it the more I think him interacting with Sinister on the council would be great.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    With a lot of the other suggestions all I can think is 'the other council members are going to eat this person's lunch.'

In terms of the New Mutants, the only ones who have shown basic competency recently are Magik and Warpath. It would be a mistake to move either of those 2 to the council since they're doing so well and seem to be the only people who can do what they're doing in terms of training and education. On the other hand we still need to see how Karma gets over her Tran problem before she can even think of moving on, and the only thing Dani has gotten right since returning from space is killing one of her best friends. We haven't seen the fierce, competent Dani of old in a long time. Putting her on the council now would just be promoting failure.

Colossus - does he have the IQ to match wits with the rest of the council? I sure don't see it. Iceman is another who is not exactly known for his brains.

Angel is a good choice. Sunspot as well for similar reasons. Heck, a Sunspot-Sinister comedy duo could be the best thing ever.

Captain Britain might be a good choice depending on what they want to do with relations with England, Otherworld, and King Jamie.

Of the options that I think are viable, I like Sunspot the best. He's got the skills necessary after leading AIM and the more I think about it the more I think him interacting with Sinister on the council would be great.
    See, I can easily see Warren and Berto taking a spot in the Hellfire corner if Emma, Sebastian or Kate were unavailable.

But I can’t see them fulfilling what Apocakyose’s and Jean’s roles were on the council.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think Mirage, Sunspot, Cannonball or even Karma should side with Kurt and Ororo.

Cable is most for to side with Xavier and Magneto
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I'd like more POC on the council, if it continues to exist, as well as more non-american based mutants.

I know the X-Men, a United States based superhero team, are spearheading this but how is this supposed to represent a global population of mutants if like half are from one continent?

Professor X - USA
    Shadowcat - USA
    Emma Frost - USA
    Sebastian Shaw - USA
    Storm - Kenyan-American
    Mystique - ???
    Mr Sinister - England
    Exodus - France

India and China, two of the biggest populations on earth and a combined population of 2.6 billion people, have no representation on the council which seems a little ridiculous. I know some have argued that mutants might be more likely to appear in certain populations but that seems like a... problematic narrative. If you want to operate on a global level, they need to show mutants from a global level.

Shiro would have been a perfect fit for the council TBH, but he's already on X-Men.

Neal Sharra (India): Born to an affluent family in Kolkata, he's served on the X-Men for a short period, as well is a former member of X-Corp. He does not have much experience leading but considering his family background I doubt he's politically ignorant. He also has a connection to Karima, so there's that drama aspect.

Collective Man (China): Actually a group of brothers, they are one of China's premier superheroes, and they once rebelled and formed a small team to help rescue mutants being abused by the Chinese government. Assuming its anything similar to Sunfire's situation, I could see them on Krakoa and active on the Council, considering their close involvement with the Chinese government. The only real problem with this character is if they identify as one individual or several and how that would affect their seat positions.

Karma (Vietnam): While Moonstar would be a good fit as well, I'd actually like to see Karma be the main representative of the New Mutants. Moonstar fits better as a Captain IMO In terms of leadership experience, she's been a teacher for many years and is the current head of the Hatchi Corporation.

Silver Samurai (Japan): I see him working in a similar position to Shaw as he has close ties to the underworld in Japan and even briefly served with Big Hero 6. He has experience leading various organizations, legal and otherwise.

Those are just some examples. If the creative team wanted to they could even create new characters for the positions, as we rarely see superhero and mutant teams from other countries, so who knows which teams have been championing mutant rights in those regions.
    Didn't see this. Someone else agrees! Though he was only born there before he was abandoned and I'm not sure what his, ugh... father Azazel is. It's obvious - Raven and Azazel don't have accents.

Interesting post.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-14-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

Professor X - USA
    Shadowcat - USA
    Emma Frost - USA
    Sebastian Shaw - USA
    Storm - Kenyan-American
    Mystique - ???
    Mr Sinister - England
    Exodus - France

If we’re looking at Chinese mutants one of the Xorn brothers might be an interesting fit.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Didn't see this. Someone else agrees! Though he was only born there before he was abandoned and I'm not sure what his, ugh... father Azazel is. It's obvious - Raven and Azazel don't have accents.

Interesting post.
    Yea I'm not sure he has biological roots from Germany but he definitely is culturally German, since he was already an adult before he immigrated to the US. Raven, who knows, I'm surprised we haven't gotten an origin story from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X
    If we’re looking at Chinese mutants one of the Xorn brothers might be an interesting fit.
    They are definitely powerful, the only thing I was wondering for them is the leadership experience but I did include Neal who also hasn't really shown any either, so they should qualify too.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    It's tough for Autumn. Namur makes sense, cause there aren't too many leader mutants with the same gravitas as Apocalpyse. Cable makes sense as some have said. It would depend on how he is brought into Krakoa.

For Summer, I think Colossus or Iceman would be good. Colossus is sick of the fighting, but as a leader and politician he could be the change he wants to see.

Iceman has that optimism and hope that would be good for that side of the council.

Though I expect an Arraki to be given a seat if they stick around.
    Oh I never thought about Colossus but I really like the suggestion. I feel the poor chap has been stuck in a rut for a while now: he's one of the few long-standing team members who have never led a team and as you mentioned he is now tired of fighting. He would however still bring a wealth of experience and his "pureheart" point of view to matters of state and would be a nice backfill for Jean.

With regards to Cable, I think he couldn't care less about being in the Quiet Council however with daddy Scott joining the X-Men team I wouldn't mind Nathan taking over as Captain Commander of Krakoa. I think there's only a few mutants who would truly qualify for the role and Cable would fit the bill nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Oh I never thought about Colossus but I really like the suggestion. I feel the poor chap has been stuck in a rut for a while now: he's one of the few long-standing team members who have never led a team and as you mentioned he is now tired of fighting. He would however still bring a wealth of experience and his "pureheart" point of view to matters of state and would be a nice backfill for Jean.

With regards to Cable, I think he couldn't care less about being in the Quiet Council however with daddy Scott joining the X-Men team I wouldn't mind Nathan taking over as Captain Commander of Krakoa. I think there's only a few mutants who would truly qualify for the role and Cable would fit the bill nicely.
    Maybe he can study law and be a sort of mutant lawyer as well like a mutant She-Hulk. He represented, damn can't remember his name - that German Alcolyte against the other ones and that worked out pretty well.