Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yea I'm not sure he has biological roots from Germany but he definitely is culturally German, since he was already an adult before he immigrated to the US. Raven, who knows, I'm surprised we haven't gotten an origin story from her.
    Yeah, of course though I don't know how Kurt was affected by their culture hiding away in their caravan when he wasn't out in the circus was possible but it happened. He was watching a lot of Golden Age Hollywood films as well so movies from home affected him and obviously the Bavaria and Romani lifestyle.

Betsy should join the summer side. She fits well with Kurt and Ororo and she represents the connection to Otherworld.

Iska should replace Apocalypse in Autumn, representing the Arakki mutants.

Kwannon should replace Gorgon as one of the Captains.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 06-15-2021 at 04:59 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I find it strange that they did not give a position of power to Selene

It would be cool to see her with people like Mr Sinister and Exodus.

I'd have Moonstar replace Jean and Selene replace Apocalypse.
    Isca's powers would make her inclusion tricky. She'd only vote for the winning side every time, so it would be pointless to have her there.

Ultimate Member

Ideally, the Council seats should primarily go to mutants who represent a particular faction. Acolytes, MLF, Mutant Force/the Resistants, the Morlocks, the X-Men, Genoshans, etc. so folk like Callisto, sure, but Selene, not really 'representing' anyone other than herself...

Sphinx another ancient Egyptian mutant for Apocalpse's seat. Red Guardian/Vanguard for the other.

Extraordinary Member

From reading X-Corps this week, it seems Selene is fine not being on the council but would rather be on the board for X-Corps. Future solicitations indicate this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Realistically, I guess it depends on who would Hickman choose for his story.
    Yes, agreed. But the ones he has chosen are mutants with 'vision' or/and leaders of a movement. If everybody takes that as a criteria not a lot of their fan-chosen favourites would fit.

1 Both Charles, Magneto & Apocalypse represent a certain vision for mutantdom.

2 Both (formally Jean) Storm and Nightcrawler are visions of mutantdom in and of themselfs. Nightcrawler is the heart of the X-men like Jean and is an almost uncorrupted X-Men. Storm shares this she was a Goddess and a literal queen.

3 The Hellfire table consists out of great business leaders and X-men leaders alike. In the absence of Xavier: Jean, Emma (and Cyclops) and Kate have led the X-Men for a consideral amount of time and the same counts for Storm.

4 The table consisting out of Mistique (and in her shadow Destiny), Exodus and Sinister are great mutant leaders outside of the vision and sphere of influence of Xavier. All of them are older than both Charles and Erik and have lived multiple lives.

So when people say Dani or Banshee do those characters really compare in terms of scope and vision to any of the current seats?
    My answer: No they don't.

So my picks would be people who represent something greater than themselves, living visions for better or worse and who have been great mutant leaders for a long time or both:
    The only ones I think meet those criteria are: Cable or the current Captain Britain Betsy Braddock who represents a line of Captains older than time itself and she is the literal bridge to Otherworld a realm in which 2 mutants rule a province both Mister M Mercator and Jamie Braddock! I would have her one the Summertable.
    Than Autumn would be tricky because who has been a mutantleader of sorts from the start or who has a singular vision enough for to have the right amount of gravity: Only two mutants come to my mind: Destiny and Xorn. Destiny is tricky because of Moira's wishes eventhough she would be the best fit. So I would nominate Cable,
    Captain Britain,(Shen)Xorn or (Destiny).

For the great Captains: Cyclops, Magic, Bishop & Gorgon I woud replace the unstable Gorgon with Psylock (Kwannom)
    Last edited by Sha'ul; 07-02-2021 at 03:57 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sha'ul View Post
    Yes, agreed. But the ones he has chosen are mutants with 'vision' or/and leaders of a movement. If everybody takes that as a criteria not a lot of their fan-chosen favourites would fit.
    Quite frankly why should fan -chosen characters play any role in this? They're not the ones telling/creating this story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sha'ul View Post

1 Both Charles, Magneto & Apocalypse represent a certain vision for mutantdom.

2 Both (formally Jean) Storm and Nightcrawler are visions of mutantdom in and of themselfs. Nightcrawler is the heart of the X-men like Jean and is an almost uncorrupted X-Men. Storm shares this she was a Goddess and a literal queen.

3 The Hellfire table consists out of great business leaders and X-men leaders alike. In the absence of Xavier: Jean, Emma (and Cyclops) and Kate have led the X-Men for a consideral amount of time and the same counts for Storm.

4 The table consisting out of Mistique (and in her shadow Destiny), Exodus and Sinister are great mutant leaders outside of the vision and sphere of influence of Xavier. All of them are older than both Charles and Erik and have lived multiple lives.

So when people say Dani or Banshee do those characters really compare in terms of scope and vision to any of the current seats?
    My answer: No they don't.

So my picks would be people who represent something greater than themselves, living visions for better or worse and who have been great mutant leaders for a long time or both:
    The only ones I think meet those criteria are: Cable or the current Captain Britain Betsy Braddock who represents a line of Captains older than time itself and she is the literal bridge to Otherworld a realm in which 2 mutants rule a province both Mister M Mercator and Jamie Braddock! I would have her one the Summertable.
    Than Autumn would be tricky because who has been a mutantleader of sorts from the start or who has a singular vision enough for to have the right amount of gravity: Only two mutants come to my mind: Destiny and Xorn. Destiny is tricky because of Moira's wishes eventhough she would be the best fit. So I would nominate Cable,
    Captain Britain,(Shen)Xorn or (Destiny).

For the great Captains: Cyclops, Magic, Bishop & Gorgon I woud replace the unstable Gorgon with Psylock (Kwannom)
    Depending on how old Cable acts going forward (he seems pro Krakoa) I can see him offered Apocalypse seat.

It’s going to be an X-Man to take Jean’s seat. And the council needs more women. So I can see Betsy or Dani.

Extraordinary Member

I am still going with Cable, but am changing Kwannon to Wanda.