Default Weakest member of the Bat-Family that could defeat Hei (Darker than Black)

Exactly as it says on the tin. Which member of the Bat-Clan can go tete a tete with the Black Reaper. Of course, this is base Hei without a meteor fragment
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Maybe Red Hood?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    Exactly as it says on the tin. Which member of the Bat-Clan can go tete a tete with the Black Reaper. Of course, this is base Hei without a meteor fragment
    So, reading up on this guy, he's basically a government assassin+peak human abilities, with his "molecular manipulation" (conduct electricity), which while useful, doesn't seem to make him more powerful. But it does give him an extra weapon. So, not Black Lightning in terms of using electricity. And its more along with what Black Canary does with her Canary Cry.

So without this meteor upgrade (didn't see much on it, but I assume its a big boost), it would be like tackling a street level metahuman (with training, obviously).

Honestly, it seems like most of the Bats would have a good chance to take him down.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

If it's on a similar level to the Canary Cry in terms of capacity, the answer to the question of 'Which one can win?' works out to be 'None', unless the Bat-Family has gotten a whole lot better gear recently.

I mean, original Cass takes Canary in scenario - easily - or in any situation where she's starting 10' from her, but Arena, 100'? Nope. If this power the guy Hei has can do similar stuff - area-attack blast easily capable of taking out cars and hurting mid-level metas - he should do equally well.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-14-2021 at 10:51 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

*looks the guy up* Okay, he can't fire zaps through the air or hit areas. That helps the Bat-people a lot.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Most of the Bat-Family have standard gear that will mess Hei up in Khazan.

He’s basically a CBPH in speed and agility from what I recall and can fry people up close but he’s not got much against flashbangs, sonics, freeze grenades and whatever other crap they’re packing.

I think Hei vs Cap Am would be a better matchup for the Black Reaper and one where I’d probably favor him.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    Most of the Bat-Family have standard gear that will mess Hei up in Khazan.

He’s basically a CBPH in speed and agility from what I recall and can fry people up close but he’s not got much against flashbangs, sonics, freeze grenades and whatever other crap they’re packing.

I think Hei vs Cap Am would be a better matchup for the Black Reaper and one where I’d probably favor him.
    Yeah, if his stuff requires contact or close range, they have a better range game.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, if his stuff requires contact or close range, they have a better range game.
    Indeed. Hei usually electrocutes people with the Facepalm of Doom or by snagging them with his grappling hook/choke wire; I’d say he could manage it against someone like Cap but not someone packing a Bat-family utility belt.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    Indeed. Hei usually electrocutes people with the Facepalm of Doom or by snagging them with his grappling hook/choke wire; I’d say he could manage it against someone like Cap but not someone packing a Bat-family utility belt.
    And someone like Jason Todd packs handguns on his person, along with the rest of the standard Bat equipment. So, even more of an advantage towards the Bats.