Default Atem (Yugioh) vs Joker (Persona 5)

Rules: Atem can only use dark magician as his stand whilie joker can only use Arsene

Continuity: Anime versions

Starting Distance: 20 ft apart

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

not sure what atem can do with DM as his "persona". outside of the game itself, DM has........very little feats of actual combat.

One can take down other monsters within the confines of a children's card game and the other can actually affect the real world.

I'm gonna go with Joker here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    One can take down other monsters within the confines of a children's card game and the other can actually affect the real world.

Not to mention that unlike Yugi, Joker is very skilled and armed combatant even without his Persona.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Joker actually needs to be in the cognitive world (or a place where the cognitive world is encroaching on the real world) to use any of his weapons, Personas or other powers.

So this is technically just two teens punching each other.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post

To be fair, weren't the monsters in Duel Monsters originally *actual* monsters that Atem and his peers used to battle people with back in Ancient Egypt?

That said, assuming that Joker has his Metaverse stats, anime Joker can probably run up and just punt Atem's human-durability head into a fine mist while Arsene keeps Dark Magician busy.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, weren't the monsters in Duel Monsters originally *actual* monsters that Atem and his peers used to battle people with back in Ancient Egypt?

That said, assuming that Joker has his Metaverse stats, anime Joker can probably run up and just punt Atem's human-durability head into a fine mist while Arsene keeps Dark Magician busy.
    they were more akin to "recreations" than actual monsters. the world of monsters does exist, according to GX and 5DS which share the same timeline as the OS, but not in the way that they can actively interact with the real world.
    Last edited by master of read; 06-16-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Even outside of the filler seasons, the anime version of events consistently shows duel monsters as beings that can be manifested in the real world. Atem does it in Season 0, Bakura does it on Pegasus' island, and unlike in the manga where it was all under the cover of an RPG in the anime the events of the Memory World are presented as some kind of alternate dimension that leaks over. So there's no reason Atem couldn't summon the Dark Magician.

That said I don't remember what Mahad's feats are at all, I'd have to rewatch the final season.
    Last edited by Siriel; 06-16-2021 at 03:04 PM.