Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Concerning Gambit that answer just seems like the polite answer that there are no real plans with Gambit. To clarify: what they consider plans are what has been happening so far.

I wouldn't want Jordan Whites job. At least the interview part of it. He can't say it as it it. It would be so frustrating.
    For me Jordan answer felt like this: I know that there are no plans for Gambit so we just left him as wallpaper in Excalibur but keep reading, keep reading and buy that book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    The telepathic election reminded me of a less interesting version of the Helios network in Deus Ex Invisible War.
    Me too. Though that sounded a lot more thought out in just two bits of dialoge with Denton, than the telepathic election did in 3 pages. Funny how they didn't slapped a white page explaining it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    For me Jordan answer felt like this: I know that there are no plans for Gambit so we just left him as wallpaper in Excalibur but keep reading, keep reading and buy that book.
    What keeps suprising me is that the book actualy seems to get bought enough to last this long, whereas other books allready got canceled or are in danger of being canceled. This, in my opinion, collection of narrative mediocrity and misserable characterization seems to appeal to enough people.

Not to wade too deep into the topic, but I feel I need to say that while the name Marvel Woman might sound bad right now, there are plenty of terms and names that start off sounding terrible and end up seeming fine or good by simple repetition and confidence in use. The name Captain Marvel sounded absurd to me when it was first used, yet we're all fine with it today. I'm sure names like Spider-Man and Wolverine also sounded ridiculous when they were created.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Not to wade too deep into the topic, but I feel I need to say that while the name Marvel Woman might sound bad right now, there are plenty of terms and names that start off sounding terrible and end up seeming fine or good by simple repetition and confidence in use. The name Captain Marvel sounded absurd to me when it was first used, yet we're all fine with it today. I'm sure names like Spider-Man and Wolverine also sounded ridiculous when they were created.
    Agree. Some names sound bad but they work. Invisible woman worked for Sue

Yeah. Marvel Woman is much better than Marvel Girl. But I guess the X-Office is too fixated on teenage Jean, so they can't have her evolve past outdated costumes and codenames.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know if Marvel Woman is better than Marvel Girl (that whole line of naming is an artifact), and I do think the word girl has become used like guy, and not just like boy, but if Jean wanted to go by Marvel Woman we would all get use to it.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

John Byrne transitioned Sue Richards to Invisible Woman via a pretty sick violation. I do not require lessons in feminism from him. Girl is fine by me.

Marvel Woman is far better than Marvel Girl. Maybe the name will even come with pants and yellow shades. Of course, Hickman may be the latest writer planning to Phoenix her out, so having her in the old miniskirt with the old code name is thematic.

Is Jean putting the mind whammy on Jamie?

The omegas are definitely in space. Mars terraforming incoming... not that it wasn't confirmed in HoX/PoX.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Telepathic mind link with all mutant isnt that big of a deal and it made sense. Since any mutant that wanted to participate made themselves open to it.

Pretty sure Cyclops had Emma do that telepathic mind link for him too when he invited everyone to Utopia in the Dark Reign era.
    That's correct. Emma and Scott did do that.
    Mutant and Proud!

Does Jean even need a code name? Everyone (fans and in-book characters) mainly refer to her as Jean anyway.
    Mutant and Proud!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's about the sheer volume in which Jean did it though. With Emma it was less than three hundred people. With Jean it's hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Does Jean even need a code name? Everyone (fans and in-book characters) mainly refer to her as Jean anyway.
    Honestly no, but with the mutant names thing they thought it was necessary. They were giving EVERYONE codenames.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Marvel Woman sounds fine imo and wow that mask looks bad, if they're going to keep that outfit they should tweak it.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I hope it adds something to the dynamic of the cast or adds something to the plot, otherwise do we really care?
    I don't care. The telepathic election could not be clearer and it is nothing that needs to be explained any more than it has been. Bringing it up again is a waste of panel space.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah. Marvel Woman is much better than Marvel Girl. But I guess the X-Office is too fixated on teenage Jean, so they can't have her evolve past outdated costumes and codenames.
    This is why we need more diversity behind the scenes. The Marvel Girl explanation prob wouldn't bother me as much if it didn't come from older men. But these writers tend to infantilize the female heroes they grew up crushing on. It's the whole Madonna/Whorew complex at play. Usually, the main target of this is Kate Pryde.

Now I'm curious. Has an adult male hero ever had boy as part of their codename?