Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    At least she would look good and with a better codename.

I would rather better writing too, But I don't know wy I should have to choose? Why she can't have it all?

It doesn't look like a problem for many characters on this era.
    She still does.Just doesn't look like what you want her to.
    And people are pretty split on which is the better codename.
    But that is besides the point.

I make the comparison because this thread and people here seem obsessed with her dress and codename rather than focus on her actual stories.
    Of course both would be great but I mean should we not discuss the important story stuff rather than keep talking about her dress.
    Characters are more than their attire and codename.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    She was born in 1956, so that makes her 65. Agreed that it's a little bit on the older side to be wearing a mini skirt but who am I to tell other women what they can and can't wear.
    LOL. Tina Turner was wearing miniskirts and high heels on stage well into her 60's. If you have the legs and body for it...who are we to say otherwise?
    That said...resurrected Jean is probably mid to late 20's...her body is rocking and her legs are perfection.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I still can't get over how poorly Jean was written in HOX 4. On that mission to destroy Mother Mold she folded like a dollar store greeting card. The green dress and yellow mask only look good when Larraz draws it and "Marvel Girl?"...naw, she should've just kept Phoenix. And "Marvel Woman" is too generic and speaks nothing of the complexity and uniqueness of Jean.
    Just like Tina Turner kept her name after all the bullshit she went through with Ike Turner, Jean should've kept "Phoenix." The Phoenix put her through hell, she deserves the name.
    I would agree except we just got a new phoenix.I don't like the Aaron stuff either but it's too big to ignore.

Also how did she "fold"?
    IIRC her entire team was dead while she was the one who pushed through to maintain telepathic contact with Xavier without Monet.Then felt Cyclops die while in a space pod which she was holding together by T.K. while being overrun by an army of sentinels.
    I mean did you expect her to solo all those sentinels.
    She didn't get action since her job was telepathy.Hell she lost her support with Monet and pushed through.Everybody else got rolled over.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-14-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL. Tina Turner was wearing miniskirts and high heels on stage well into her 60's. If you have the legs and body for it...who are we to say otherwise?
    That said...resurrected Jean is probably mid to late 20's...her body is rocking and her legs are perfection.
    This, the thing is it's not been sexualized in the comics in the slightest.
    She has been confident and was reborn in a new perfectly aged body, she wants to show off.
    That and Krakoa isn't really a place to shame promiscuity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    She has been confident and was reborn in a new perfectly aged body, she wants to show off.
    Thank you.

Except for Rachel, it shouldn’t be anyone’s concern. ��

Rachel: “Why is mom trying to upstage me in that outfit.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Thank you.

Except for Rachel, it shouldn’t be anyone’s concern. ��

Rachel: “Why is mom trying to upstage me in that outfit.”

LOL
    Yeah but Rachel's own fashion sense isn't doing her any favors either.Rachel's gala costume is something else.

BANNED

Internalized misogyny has entered the chat. LMAOOOOO

FYI - NOTHING YOU WEAR will absolve you of falling victim to sexism/misogyny as long as we live in a world created by and for, men.

So, “tomboys”, bimbos”, “fems” etc…if it helps you to live in delusion, then good for you I guess? But welcome to the boat, keep arms and legs inside at all times.

AAAAAND a woman who can melt your brain and move a mountain with a thought would not ever be concerned with looking “strong”. She just is.

As long as the stories are good and not about sexualizing her (well that’s fine, just not ALL THE TIME…) then my sis can wear a thong or a nun’s costume and it’s giving.

It's not Jean personality want to show off. This is so off LOL

She still does.Just doesn't look like what you want her to.
    And people are pretty split on which is the better codename.
    But that is besides the point.

I make the comparison because this thread and people here seem obsessed with her dress and codename rather than focus on her actual stories.
    Of course both would be great but I mean should we not discuss the important story stuff rather than keep talking about her dress.
    Characters are more than their attire and codename.
    I don't think there is any split on codename, phoenix would win easily.

Im not obsessed with costume, but it is fugly and people only accept it because of Hickman's run. it is part of the regression pack that tey put Jean on it.
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-14-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

There are plenty of characters who have been wearing old/classic outfits in this era. Jean's is just awesome, the only thing worth changing into was the X-Factor suit.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL
    Yeah but Rachel's own fashion sense isn't doing her any favors either.Rachel's gala costume is something else.
    As you mention it...I find Rachel's transition away from her usual fashion aesthetic to be a huge letdown. While I can appreciate a change-up now and again...her most recent looks are so Not Rachel but...I will deal. Similarly, I loathe Rogues 90's Brazilian Flag but...I will deal.

The costume is an important and necessary aspect of the super hero but it isn't the ONLY important aspect of the character.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    There are plenty of characters who have been wearing old/classic outfits in this era. Jean's is just awesome, the only thing worth changing into was the X-Factor suit.
    X-men red , x-men blue, bendis, Revoluction are all serviceable to great

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    X-men red , x-men blue, bendis, Revoluction are all serviceable to great
    But none of them are really identifiable as Jean Grey in the way that the dress is. Jean has three super recognizable costumes: Phoenix (and all color variants), 90s, and the dress. If it's not Phoenix then it's the dress, basically. The 90s look is outdated in a way that ISN'T retro chic.

Revolution would be off limits for the same reasons the normal Phoenix costume is. I'm sure that if Dauterman could use it he would've, he's already said that his ideal Jean costume is a green version of it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    But none of them are really identifiable as Jean Grey in the way that the dress is. Jean has three super recognizable costumes: Phoenix (and all color variants), 90s, and the dress. If it's not Phoenix then it's the dress, basically. The 90s look is outdated in a way that ISN'T retro chic.

Revolution would be off limits for the same reasons the normal Phoenix costume is. I'm sure that if Dauterman could use it he would've, he's already said that his ideal Jean costume is a green version of it.
    What about her Morrison costume? It looks like the costumea uses on FoX-men movies. I always thought her 90s costume was more recognizable than the dress. A lot of her costumes even use it as a base

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    What about her Morrison costume? It looks like the costumea uses on FoX-men movies. I always thought her 90s costume was more recognizable than the dress. A lot of her costumes even use it as a base
    I don't think there's a whole lot of any sort of affinity for uniform looks in the current generation - everyone has a bit of their own thing going on apart from the New Mutants, who still put their own touches on their looks. Krakoa is all about individual identity, so while I love the Morrison look on Jean I don't think it has a place in the current era.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I would agree except we just got a new phoenix.I don't like the Aaron stuff either but it's too big to ignore.

Also how did she "fold"?
    IIRC her entire team was dead while she was the one who pushed through to maintain telepathic contact with Xavier without Monet.Then felt Cyclops die while in a space pod which she was holding together by T.K. while being overrun by an army of sentinels.
    I mean did you expect her to solo all those sentinels.
    She didn't get action since her job was telepathy.Hell she lost her support with Monet and pushed through.Everybody else got rolled over.
    Your points changed my perspective on what Jean did in that space pod. I guess I was expecting a monumental feat, however considering the circumstances. Thanks for the reply/comment.
    Mutant and Proud!