Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Started violently crying when I read that Tini wants to keep Gambit in Excalibur and has “plans” for his character. Also can i say how ridiculous Jean looks in this ugly Marvel Girl mask?? Lol
    Last edited by Diammandis; 06-14-2021 at 05:40 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Started violently crying when I read that Tini wants to keep Gambit in Excalibur and has “plans” for his character
    It was such a real opportunity to save Remy from Excalibur. Even limbo would be better.

Regarding the telepathic election:
    "And I think we’ll hear a little bit more about it. Gerry [Duggan] is going to kind of refer back to some of the details that we were not privy to yet in the X-Men book."

Awesome.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Lorna and Shiro were on ANXF together for a brief stint. Sunfire joined just before the book was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    "And I think we’ll hear a little bit more about it. Gerry [Duggan] is going to kind of refer back to some of the details that we were not privy to yet in the X-Men book."

Awesome.
    Yes! That's what I was hoping for after this issue!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Awesome.
    I hope it adds something to the dynamic of the cast or adds something to the plot, otherwise do we really care? People are just going to argue over whatever the reasoning turns out to be anyway, or brag about it, and it won't matter and it just a waste.

Also, I find it so odd JDW just thinks for some reason being a mutant means just linking telepathically with umpteen hundreds of other minds is just something mutants do. Both because for most mutants it would be absolutely overwhelming, and also because it is not like the same stunt cannot be done with any other large group of minds, whether they have an x-gene or not.
    Last edited by cranger; 06-14-2021 at 06:59 AM.

The telepathic election reminded me of a less interesting version of the Helios network in Deus Ex Invisible War.

Concerning Gambit that answer just seems like the polite answer that there are no real plans with Gambit. To clarify: what they consider plans are what has been happening so far.

I wouldn't want Jordan Whites job. At least the interview part of it. He can't say it as it it. It would be so frustrating.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Concerning Gambit that answer just seems like the polite answer that there are no real plans with Gambit. To clarify: what they consider plans are what has been happening so far.

I wouldn't want Jordan Whites job. At least the interview part of it. He can't say it as it it. It would be so frustrating.
    Well, they also said they have big plans for Storm. There has yet to be a payoff so I can't say I'm going to get my hopes up for Gambit.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Ugh, why do I read these? they make me dislike JDW so much. Hated his answer about how Marvel Girl sounds great but Marvel Woman sounds bad for Jean? Eww. Sounds so creepy hearing an old man going on a rant about how he prefers to call an adult woman a "girl". Cringe.

Telepathic mind link with all mutant isnt that big of a deal and it made sense. Since any mutant that wanted to participate made themselves open to it.

Pretty sure Cyclops had Emma do that telepathic mind link for him too when he invited everyone to Utopia in the Dark Reign era.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Ugh, why do I read these? they make me dislike JDW so much. Hated his answer about how Marvel Girl sounds great but Marvel Woman sounds bad for Jean? Eww. Sounds so creepy hearing an old man going on a rant about how he prefers to call an adult woman a "girl". Cringe.
    Well to be fair Marvel Woman is a terrible name and sounds terrible as well
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Telepathic mind link with all mutant isnt that big of a deal and it made sense. Since any mutant that wanted to participate made themselves open to it.
    I suspect you are referring to me? What I meant is that it is not like being a mutant makes it some sort of natural 'oh of course' thing. Also, there is a difference between receiving a broadcast, talking with a few people at a time, and conversing with a multitude of other people in some sort of group think decision making democratic process. There is no comparison.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Well to be fair Marvel Woman is a terrible name and sounds terrible as well
    Yeah, they are both stupid names, so in that case go with the stupid one that doesn't belittle her.

I just like her as Jean Grey.