Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

Jean is made of sterner stuff
    Not in this era. Damsel in distress!

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    He should go with the simplest answer: it keeps the Marvel Girl trademark in use.
    It doesn't. They have to publish comics called Marvel Girl. I think they did a one-shot in 2010

I'm actually scared that Brian is in the hands of Tini Howard/Jordan D. White!

Were Coven Akkaba justified in their political views of Krakoa/Captain Britain? Yes, yes they are. Betsy has in no way acted in best wishes of either Britain or Otherworld. Hell she doesn't even live in any of the places she's supposed to protect!

Also can we stop perpetuating this myth that Brian is an alcoholic? Alan Davis himself has refuted this claim.

The Betsy Captain Britain experiment is shaping up to be a total failure at the moment, I put that more on Tini/Jordan than anyone else.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I'm actually scared that Brian is in the hands of Tini Howard/Jordan D. White!

Were Coven Akkaba justified in their political views of Krakoa/Captain Britain? Yes, yes they are. Betsy has in no way acted in best wishes of either Britain or Otherworld. Hell she doesn't even live in any of the places she's supposed to protect!

Also can we stop perpetuating this myth that Brian is an alcoholic? Alan Davis himself has refuted this claim.

The Betsy Captain Britain experiment is shaping up to be a total failure at the moment, I put that more on Tini/Jordan than anyone else.
    it feels like everyone in universe that thinks betsy is doing a bad job just hates mutants and that's all there is to it. its such a lazy way of doing the story.

Dammit, when I came into this thread earlier I thought I'd clicked into the Jean Stan thread by mistake and forgot to read XMM entirely.

The Mont St-michel question was a bit weird, given that there's literally already a counterpart island across the water off Cornwall called St. Michael's Mount with a monastery on it, and Braddock Island looks nothing like either.

Loved the picture of Angel checking his junk after Seline nibbled his earlobe in that other preview. As long as he didn't do it in the sky in front of everyone again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The Mont St-michel question was a bit weird, given that there's literally already a counterpart island across the water off Cornwall called St. Michael's Mount with a monastery on it, and Braddock Island looks nothing like either.
    I don't know if JDW did not have a picture to look at, or if he was just being nice, because if he was looking and being honest I don't think his answer would have been so wishy-washy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    He's as much an adult as Jean or any of the other X-Men will ever be. He's dating Hercules who is definitely an adult.
    I think you meant to write that Hercules is a dolt
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    it feels like everyone in universe that thinks betsy is doing a bad job just hates mutants and that's all there is to it. its such a lazy way of doing the story.
    Yeah... I don't wanna be a hater, I actually love White as an editor, he's arguably the best we've had since Nick Lowe IMHO, and I really enjoy his interviews, but if the editor has to justify a character's actions and argue for their success in interviews because the comics don't actually make the case for it, you know you're dealing with poor writing. Howard has done a really sub-par job at showcasing Betsy as Captain Britain, and if her greatest success is getting shattered in pieces after one hit during X of Swords and then getting the Corps reformed in her image because of magic... I mean I don't even know what to say to that.