Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Wasn't Rachel the original omega ?
    Yh she was the first mutant stated to be of omega class... But the whole concepts of mutants with unlimited power preceede her. Plus she was pissed by the pheonix then so that may have affected nimrods readings I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    They have the same powers as their parents Magneto and Jean, who are Omega Level.

Yet they themselves are not considered Omegas.

Could they reach Omega Level with enough time?
    Yes. I consider Rachel am Omega and Lorna a potential Omega but their parents have more skill wham it comes to using their powers
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This plus Sinister's obsession with the Summers/Grey bloodline to produce an immensely powerful mutant.

But then again, if we were to include every single character who's been characterised as extremely powerful in the past, I suspect the Omega list would be pretty much endless.

On Rachel, I agree with cranger that her being AU could automatically exclude her from the list. Plus Omega level/raw power doesn't necessarily mean more powerful if training and skill are superior in another mutant: Charley has been repeatedly called "Earth's mightiest telepath" and he's not Omega, and I have little doubt the likes of Rachel and Emma could take Quentin Quire if they needed to.
    Exactly! Being omega doesn't automatically make you the best at something. I mean Quentin is an average telepath compared to Emma, Rachel, psylocke, xavier.... But his inherent potential with telepathy is virtually unlimited hence he being an omega level mutant like jean. But jean is seem as more powerful simply because she is just more skilled.
    The charachter thing is also true I mean jubilee was stated to be potentially one of the most powerful mutants on earth she should be considered omega too then, or Betsy or rouge or tempus or cyclops or virtually any relatively powerful mutant. That would take away from the title and make it loose it's prominence and power hence why when storm wasn't stated to be omega officially I didn't say she was. But we as fans have the power to create stories with our favorite characters in which they can be as omega as we want.

Extraordinary Member

As a big time reality warper, I’m surprised Mikhail Rasputin isn’t on the list.

Before Hickman’s official Omega list, Mikhail would always make the unofficial list, along with guys like Magneto and Storm.

Before Hickman’s official Omega list, Mikhail would always make the unofficial list, along with guys like Magneto and Storm.
    I assume Mister M outranks Mikhail when it comes to matter manipulation.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Same for Meggan she is one of the most powerful mutant, and Magma i always considered an omega one, like storm she has no much opportunities to use at full without destroying all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ehhh that is iffy they do create powerful mutants though. I mean if bloodline was all there is to becoming an omega I am most certain sinister would have been one by now. The fact of the matter is mutations are unpredictable yes an omega is more likely to birth a powerful mutant or even another omega but they could also give birth to humans. That is a possiblity. There is no rule book that says that two mutants give birth to mutants though there is a high chance. But there seems to certain bloodline which are comparable and can produce astoundingly powerful mutants. But the summers on their own I wouldn't consider an omega line as even vulcan was stated not to be inherently born omega but absorbed all the mutant energy from M day to push him there and possibly beyond.
    I mean but that's what happened though. Let's not forget that Moira is thousands of years old with all the accumulated knowledge that that holds as well as familiar with Celestial tech thanks to all her years with Apocalypse. I mean following comic book logic it's not too far-fetched that she used her knowledge as a geneticist to create a device that would give her and Charles optimal matches.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Same for Meggan she is one of the most powerful mutant, and Magma i always considered an omega one, like storm she has no much opportunities to use at full without destroying all.
    Megan should definitely hold the title as Omega level shape-shifter.

The thing about the criteria as it's currently laid out is that it doesn't say "mutant who has the most experience using this power," or "mutant who has done the most Epic Feats (TM) with this power" or anything of that nature. There's no seniority or past use component cleanly baked into the definition. It's just "any mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register or reach an undefinable upper limit." In theory you could have someone who's never used their powers classified as Omega with this definition if you can determine they have the capability. Bailey Hoskins wouldn't need to blow himself up to find out if he's Omega if there are ways to determine it in the same way it was possible to determine what his powers were.

There are potential "outs" to this situation though, depending on how it's actually determined in-universe. Maybe the method is flawed or prone to tampering. Maybe the character can hide it. Maybe people are lying.

If the criteria allowed for only one character per power then it would be a different story, but that's not the case.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Lorna and Rachel had different manifestation of their powers over the years or have been externally enhanced or depowered. Maybe both haven't reached the point of supremacy and unlimited potential in any one skill? Does the criteria exclude inherited powers vs individual mutations, so Theresa, the Nathans, Rachel and Lorna are exluded? Rachel's unique mutation is chronoskimming, but she's not 'omega' level using it. I'd say Rachel is the most effective with her empathy, sensing fear while hunting mutants and making people feel feel so sorry for her.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

If she cannot beat Rockslide in battle, I fail to see how Magma could be considered an omega.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I would argue that both Lorna and Rachel should be omegas given what they have been shown to do in the past. If anything Rachel is more skilled with her TK so I would argue she should be listed as an Omega for TK. Also Rachel (as Mother Askani) was shown to die and become an astral being of pure energy that was able to move throughout time and affect people and things. That was formerly a means of determining if one was an omega. I think Lorna is held back because her father has the title.

Also I don't think Rachel being from an alternate universe has any bearing on whether or not she should be considered for that class. If that was an operating standard I would also say that mutants who have been enhanced by magic/tech/etc should also not be classified as Omegas, yet Exodus is on the list (being enhanced by Celestial tech via Apocalypse).

Rachel was not the first to be stated to be an omega level mutant.

Nimrod had a classification system that took into account Von Rom and the Avengers who were class 1 contacts. The Classification system was threat level to this unit (Nimrod). Rachel was stated as an omega class contact to Nimrod when she had the Phoenix Force. It's threat level to Nimrod. It was never stated as in the omega level mutant sense like X-Men forever which was the first time the term was coined.

Both classification system are different. One is used to ascertain threat level to Nimrod the other is relevant to the highest display of power relative to mankind

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    If she cannot beat Rockslide in battle, I fail to see how Magma could be considered an omega.
    When that happened? In Guggenheim’s?

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

When that happened? In Guggenheim’s?
    Yes. In Young X-Men, he slapped her around.