Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Are Polaris and Rachel two potential Omega Level mutants in waiting?

They have the same powers as their parents Magneto and Jean, who are Omega Level.

Yet they themselves are not considered Omegas.

Could they reach Omega Level with enough time?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    They have the same powers as their parents Magneto and Jean, who are Omega Level.

Yet they themselves are not considered Omegas.

Could they reach Omega Level with enough time?
    In Hickman's version, they need to be the most powerful of their class and also be more powerful than anything achievable through other means.

So, they have two lines: kill their parents and any other mutant more powerful than them (and still be more powerful than any non-mutant), or somehow become more powerful than their parent.

I do not put it past writers to make either happen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    In Hickman's version, they need to be the most powerful of their class and also be more powerful than anything achievable through other means.

So, they have two lines: kill their parents and any other mutant more powerful than them (and still be more powerful than any non-mutant), or somehow become more powerful than their parent.

No, its not a rule that there can only be on omega level per power type or Jean and Quentin wouldn't be both be Omega Level Telepaths. Its just that they arent considered Omega level for Magnetism for Polaris or telepathy or telekinesis for Rachel. If anything even with similar powers its to bad Polaris powers couldn't be more electromagnetic as maybe that would have pushed Hickman to say she was an omega level in electromagnetism while Magneto was in omega level in Magnetism and Rachel imo could easily been omega level for telekinesis while Jean was that for telepathy.

Other folks that have people wondering about potential omega level seem to be Rogue, Synch, Manifold, and Meggan. I wonder what other character people think could be omega level that have been skipped over?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    No, its not a rule that there can only be on omega level per power type or Jean and Quentin wouldn't be both be Omega Level Telepaths.
    Fair enough, for some reason I thought there was some sort of explanation in an interview or something about why two telepaths were on there. In that case, there is nothing they can do since Chuck knows the future so he knows who the (potential) Omegas are, and if they are not on the list, they are not now nor ever Omega.

Wasn't Rachel the original omega ?

Mighty Member

Polaris should've already surpassed Magneto but since he's a main character and he's forever 40-50 years old, I don't see it happening soon.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    This. The term was first coined specifically to refer to Rachel. She IS the original Omega.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Yh she was the first mutant stated to be of omega class... But the whole concepts of mutants with unlimited power preceede her. Plus she was pissed by the pheonix then so that may have affected nimrods readings I guess.

I've pointed out before that technically based on the current definition, Polaris should be considered Omega already. At different points in her history, she's been described either as having the potential to surpass Magneto, as being his equal (The Twelve), or as actually having surpassed him already (albeit when his powers were weakened).

That said, today's AIPT shows there's room for them to tweak the definition or how they came to this list of mutants in a way that would make Lorna not being considered Omega make sense despite this history.
    Last edited by salarta; 06-14-2021 at 06:45 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

Jean already died, but that didnt make Rachel an Omega bc she has a measurable upper limit to her power. Based on the definition, she doesnt have unlimited potential, or else she'd share the spot with Jean and Quentin

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Given the nature of their powers...both Rachel and Lorna may only have measurable limits until they decide to push past those limits.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Given the nature of their powers...both Rachel and Lorna may only have measurable limits until they decide to push past those limits.
    Exactly.

This is what I want to see

Which of course was decades ago.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Have we ever seen Rachel (sans the Phoenix Force) or Lorona operate in outterspace for exstended periods of time under their own power like Jean can?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Have we ever seen Rachel (sans the Phoenix Force) or Lorona operate in outterspace for exstended periods of time under their own power like Jean can?
    When was the last time Jean did that? Not trying to be argumentative but literally asking the question as I don't think I remember when Jean did it under her own power.