Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default The MCU: The Most Horrible Death

Feige and Company have served up some really gruesome demises over the last decade plus. Who got it the worst?

I'm kind of thinking Darren (Yellowjacket) Cross:

That asymmetrical shrinking thing looked pretty bad.

Kacileus getting a wall time rewinded into him.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Kacileus getting a wall time rewinded into him.
    His beheading of a librarian in the opening of Strange was pretty up there IMHO, worse that his death.

Loki's neck snap I think beats the Yellowjacket implosion but ...

Bucky's murder of the Starks I think takes the cake.

EDIT: The thread asks for villain deaths so I'm going to go with Loki's death in Infinity War.

If it is any death, I am going with the Starks via Bucky.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-14-2021 at 03:25 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

The guy in Ant Man who was shrunk to a blob on the bathroom floor, wiped up with toilet paper, and flushed.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    The guy in Ant Man who was shrunk to a blob on the bathroom floor, wiped up with toilet paper, and flushed.
    Yeah, for treating anyone's death that lightly Yellowjacket deserved what he got and worse.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The thread asks for villain deaths....
    Actually, no. I said deaths, not villain deaths. I just picked Yellowjacket as my personal pick

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I thought about that too, but at least he went quickly. Cross experienced it happening to him in stages, which is pretty horrible.

That guy who got the bad end of the melting stick in "Thor: Ragnarok" was pretty bad - he experienced the fear of death as he knew it was coming, then the melting itself happened slowly enough for it to be terrifying and very painful. (judging by the screaming)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Feige and Company have served up some really gruesome demises over the last decade plus. Who got it the worst?

I'm kind of thinking Darren (Yellowjacket) Cross:

That asymmetrical shrinking thing looked pretty bad.
    That's if he's actually dead and didn't just end up trapped in the Quantum Realm, since there are rumors that the character will return in Quantumania.

Considering what originally happened with Cross in the comics, I wonder if the MCU one will end up with his more monstrous form should he return. (it did look like something bad happened to his body was being sent to the Q-realm)

Even though it wasn’t explicitly shown, the dude getting his face bashed in by the ultimate symbol of freedom was kinda brutal.

Extraordinary Member

I think the Stark’s murder is the most heartbreaking and gut-punching from a character perspective: Howard has enough time to recognize an old friend and have that betrayal sink in, while Maria has to know her husband’s been murdered before being suffocated to death. And hell, even Bucky finds it horrifying.

For most brutal in concept of what’s being done to someone, that Xandarian Ronan smashes the head of to refill his blood pool should probably be up there… but the Grandmaster’s cousin who gets liquified into a stinky mess probably beats him.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Considering what originally happened with Cross in the comics, I wonder if the MCU one will end up with his more monstrous form should he return. (it did look like something bad happened to his body was being sent to the Q-realm)
    Yeah, it looked like his arm shrank before the rest of him, and was essentially ripped off, and then the rest of his body started compacting away piece by piece, which sounds painfully fatal... It's definitely my choice for worst MCU death, if only because it seemed gruesomely painful, to have limbs sheared away as they changed size (and his scream certainly seemed to confirm that), and it wasn't quite as instantaneous as the dude Ronan skull-crushed.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If that turns out to be so, my pick would be invalidated, but still utterly horrible. If I have to choose an alternate, I'm kind of thinking the Extremis victims: burning up from the inside and then blowing to bits sounds unpleasant.

Don't know if it really counts but Hive skeletonizing his victims on Agents of SHIELD (including possibly Gideon Malick's daughter, although her full corpse is not really shown but from Gideon's horrified reaction from that point on seems to have been implied) was very disturbing.

Also Strucker's son and Hale in season 5.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-15-2021 at 09:15 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Don't know if it really counts but Hive skeletonizing his victims on Agents of SHIELD (including possibly Gideon Malick's daughter, although her full corpse is not really shown but from Gideon's horrified reaction from that point on seems to have been implied) was very disturbing.
    That was deeply creepy.